5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

mainjet

Reaction score
What’s this about the plant being closed that I read on TRX?
“plant closure from Jan 3rd -6th and regular production to resume on Jan 9th”.
I tried a search but can’t find any other mention of it. What’s that shut down about.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do with my life once I get this truck and don’t ”have to” track it’s progress anymore. I’ll have to get a second job just to fill the time.😳

Kevinn

Reaction score
I tried a search but can’t find any other mention of it. What’s that shut down about.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do with my life once I get this truck and don’t ”have to” track it’s progress anymore. I’ll have to get a second job just to fill the time.😳
The shut down is for the holiday

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

1672836204318.png

mainjet

Reaction score
There is nothing like getting holiday pay and then not being able to work the next week. Kind of erodes the benefit a little. It feels like your boss coming to you and saying I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is you are getting a $1/hr raise. The bad news is, your health insurance is increasing $40/wk.

Pclantz

Reaction score
My laramie I have on order has the night edition.
That being said I'm still in D status with no further updates outside of an unofficial tentative time slot from someone in "corporate" who my dealer was emailing, stating "This vehicle has a slot down for the First week of February".

It's also a G/T for what that's worth. But I do have a POC stating it's got the night edition.
Awesome! I have a Laramie G/T Night Edition on order also and have been wondering about the G/T in a Laramie, not a Rebel. I was told by two people RAM isn't making the G/T in a Laramie, but many have said it's just rumors. What's your order date? Mine was ordered Novemeber 15th.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! I have a Laramie G/T Night Edition on order also and have been wondering about the G/T in a Laramie, not a Rebel. I was told by two people RAM isn't making the G/T in a Laramie, but many have said it's just rumors. What's your order date? Mine was ordered Novemeber 15th.
There have been only two Laramie G/T's produced so far for 2023. So it's not that they're "not making them", they're just not making very many.

Atvdinner

Reaction score
I have one on order too. Order ws conformed 08/25. Have received a vin but nothing sense. Still in D status

Pclantz

Reaction score
I have one on order too. Order ws conformed 08/25. Have received a vin but nothing sense. Still in D status
Maybe they'll build the Laramie G/Ts at the same time/when enough are ordered? I wish I knew how it all works with RAM. Stinks you've been waiting since August.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Just heard that another 4 trucks were stolen from the factory this morning. I've lost count as to how many have been stolen in the past year from there.
good thing mines not built yet. you would think they would have better security.

spithead051

Reaction score
Just heard that another 4 trucks were stolen from the factory this morning. I've lost count as to how many have been stolen in the past year from there.

I'm trying to imagine what the "line" is that thefts and the PR they create for the brand is before they actually do something about it. RAMs are already known to be easy to steal, apparently so easy that they can be stolen off the factory lots and what little security, if any, they have is incapable of stopping it.

The "line" is a dollar amount clearly, but you don't hear about any other manufacturers having this issue on their factory lots. Then again, it doesn't seem like most of them also take months+ to ship completed trucks to dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/