5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2023 Production

cliffsta

Reaction score
I think I read this on the TRX forum tracking thread, but I can confirm it with my truck. Status is JS aka jail. I assume that’s where all of us with recent build sheets are ending up while they figure out the clusters.

OneEmmanuel

Reaction score
I think I read this on the TRX forum tracking thread, but I can confirm it with my truck. Status is JS aka jail. I assume that’s where all of us with recent build sheets are ending up while they figure out the clusters.
I know through reading here that it was stated that anything above the BigHorn/LoneStar is supposed to be equipped with the digital cluster. I called several dealerships in my area and they seem to be under the impression that only the the Limited and TRX have it. Any idea what's actually going to happen?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know through reading here that it was stated that anything above the BigHorn/LoneStar is supposed to be equipped with the digital cluster. I called several dealerships in my area and they seem to be under the impression that only the the Limited and TRX have it. Any idea what's actually going to happen?
I posted this a few days ago, so the numbers are off. But it clearly shows which trims are getting the 12” cluster and which aren’t. This is 2023 production data.

1670684694787.png

Kumba1010

Reaction score
I think it is standard for the Rebel, Longhorn, Limited, and optional for the Laramie

Helpfuldad

Reaction score
Question on the VIN groups. Do the 3 digit numbers have any correlation to the trim or are they related to the order placement date or something else? For example, we ordered a longhorn back in Aug 2022 and we're in the 500 VIN group. Are the 500's other people who order in Aug, are they other longhorns, or just random VINs? Thanks

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think it is standard for the Rebel, Longhorn, Limited, and optional for the Laramie
Based on the build sheets, it doesn’t appear to be optional for the Laramie. Not a single Laramie has been built with the digital cluster.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question on the VIN groups. Do the 3 digit numbers have any correlation to the trim or are they related to the order placement date or something else? For example, we ordered a longhorn back in Aug 2022 and we're in the 500 VIN group. Are the 500's other people who order in Aug, are they other longhorns, or just random VINs? Thanks
No, the VIN groups are just part of the serial number (order in which the VINs were assigned). Digit 4 represents the weight class, digits 5-7 represent the series/cab/bed, and digit 8 represents the engine.

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Based on the build sheets, it doesn’t appear to be optional for the Laramie. Not a single Laramie has been built with the digital cluster.
That's weird because based on Stellantis 2023 Ram 1500 order guide the 12" cluster is available for the Laramie with a package...well may be the order guide has been revised as things change everyday with Ram

Attachments

• 23DOMFLT_FBG_Ram_1500.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 43

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
That's weird because based on Stellantis 2023 Ram 1500 order guide the 12" cluster is available for the Laramie with a package...well may be the order guide has been revised as things change everyday with Ram
Ya that’s what I saw when reviewing it a few weeks ago, it’s included with the p2 package on the Laramine, standard shows the 7” 6 gage for the Laramine. And the 3.5” 4 gage standard on the Tradesman bighorn.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you. And there were several pilot vehicle Laramies built with the digital cluster. But not a single production Laramie.
I’m just passing along what I see in the data.

Dietz5285

Reaction score
I ordered a Limited in August and am in the 500 group

DiezNutz

Reaction score
Found 121 Window Stickers tonight. None of them were forum members.
Hm. Odd, my pizza bar today now shows that my truck is In Production as of Dec. 10. I think I added my info to the 2023 RAM tracker a week ago. Maybe something hasn't caught up yet?
Just curious. Anyway, progress! I got a Estimated Delivery date in mid-January.
Thank you BBB for doing this regardless! 🍺

OneEmmanuel

Reaction score
Hm. Odd, my pizza bar today now shows that my truck is In Production as of Dec. 10. I think I added my info to the 2023 RAM tracker a week ago. Maybe something hasn't caught up yet?
Got my email today. Mine will be here January 16!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
trucks can be in production 7 days a week
but build sheets are only issued mon-fri

Users who are viewing this thread