5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

LX Sport

Reaction score

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

truckless

Reaction score
there is no "D-1 purgatory" you are in D-1 or "D"
a week or so ago there was a plant shut down because of parts being delayed from Canada, that pushed everyone back a few days

the way it usually works is you are in D-1 for about 14 days as this is how far out management schedules work.

your POC will have an estimated ship date, that is the scheduled ship from the assembly line

always get your POC from the dealer for the correct information!

Canada strikes back! ;)

For those who need perspective...

Ordered : 9/17/2021 VIN: 02/14/2022

:ROFLMAO:

Xchief

Reaction score
I am now forearmed thorough your experience. I'll take all the rebates available to me, and come in hot with a check from my credit union and be done with Koons. I am sitting at 25 days sitting at the rail yard with no ESD as of yet; therefore, I'll be going to get it sometime in March. Hopefully, there will be more incentives with Ram Truck Month.
Good luck!! Definitely see if Leo in finance can take care of you. Tell him Mike from Long Island said to do his magic!

surfer1334

Reaction score
6 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @Zeegon, @surfer1334, @LX Sport, @mapreduce, @MikeL1008, @kzoesq

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
217408 @ZeegonXLouisianaSilverBig Horn / Lonestar
264263 @surfer1334XIndianaWhiteBig Horn / Lonestar
270322 @LX SportXWisconsinWhiteLaramie
306803 @mapreduceXLouisianaWhiteLimited
307003 @MikeL1008XMarylandWhiteBig Horn / Lonestar
307264 @kzoesqXIndianaSilverLaramie
I was honestly expecting sometime over the summer so this makes me SUPER stoked! Your tracking is top notch!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
11 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @roaminwiththeromes, @davemb, @Fester0098, @c3k, @Zeegon, @atvrider, @Darksteel165, @surfer1334, @Satsu, @MikeL1008, @BSDeez16

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
150140 @roaminwiththeromesXX
2​
LouisianaWhiteLimited
156231 @davembXX
2​
Puerto RicoLaramie
156408 @Fester0098XX
3​
PennsylvaniaPatriotLimited
216753 @c3kXX
1​
LouisianaBlackBig Horn / Lonestar
217408 @ZeegonXX
0​
LouisianaSilverBig Horn / Lonestar
260093 @atvriderXX
1​
North CarolinaPatriotBig Horn / Lonestar
264168 @Darksteel165XX
3​
LouisianaBlackLimited
264263 @surfer1334XX
0​
IndianaWhiteBig Horn / Lonestar
272531 @SatsuXX
3​
NebraskaBlackLimited
307003 @MikeL1008XX
0​
MarylandWhiteBig Horn / Lonestar
311809 @BSDeez16XX
2​
MinnesotaGraniteLimited

scubes13

Reaction score
Still no movement on mine. So, maybe I can drive the Challenger while you’re driving the RAM? That just feels like the right thing to do…. 😂😎

wtez

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Quick update here. I ordered from Craig at Koons on 12/13, got my BS on 2/3, WS on 2/5, and amazingly the truck arrived at Koons on 2/8.

I was super excited about that, but I learned the hard way between then and now that while you can complete your purchase from Koons remotely, you should avoid doing so at all costs.

Yesterday, 16 days after it arrived at Koons, was the first day I could have the truck picked up. It took them 3 days to send me the credit app, 4 days to call me to discuss rates after I submitted the app, and then another week for them to send me the paperwork (first they sent me paperwork with the wrong interest rate and my wife's name misspelled, and then resent it the next day corrected after I called just about everyone at the dealership to get them to fix it.)

Keep in mind that this is a process that, when done efficiently, can be completed in an hour, start to finish. But I had two weeks worth of just waiting. And that was with me reaching out every single day to try to get the process moving faster. I cannot imagine how long it would have taken if I had just let them do it at their own pace.

If you do order from Craig at Koons, I would recommend just making an appointment to pick up the truck once it arrives and goes through inspection at Koons. That will avoid all of these delays.

**Also make sure you get pre-approved by a non-captive bank before going in (I used Capital One and got a crazy good rate offer), and use that to make sure they give you something near that rate you got pre-approved for. Doing this enabled me to use their financing, keep the $1000 credit for doing so, but also get a market-correct rate.

I really appreciate that Koons offers such great pricing, and I understand that Craig is doing so much volume because of that pricing that he really can't give any personal attention to his customers, but you just need to know what you are getting yourself into when you order this way. Probably the best price you can possibly get, but don't expect high-touch service.

Hope this helps!

m.hamner

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Quick update here. I ordered from Craig at Koons on 12/13, got my BS on 2/3, WS on 2/5, and amazingly the truck arrived at Koons on 2/8.

I was super excited about that, but I learned the hard way between then and now that while you can complete your purchase from Koons remotely, you should avoid doing so at all costs.

Yesterday, 16 days after it arrived at Koons, was the first day I could have the truck picked up. It took them 3 days to send me the credit app, 4 days to call me to discuss rates after I submitted the app, and then another week for them to send me the paperwork (first they sent me paperwork with the wrong interest rate and my wife's name misspelled, and then resent it the next day corrected after I called just about everyone at the dealership to get them to fix it.)

Keep in mind that this is a process that, when done efficiently, can be completed in an hour, start to finish. But I had two weeks worth of just waiting. And that was with me reaching out every single day to try to get the process moving faster. I cannot imagine how long it would have taken if I had just let them do it at their own pace.

If you do order from Craig at Koons, I would recommend just making an appointment to pick up the truck once it arrives and goes through inspection at Koons. That will avoid all of these delays.

**Also make sure you get pre-approved by a non-captive bank before going in (I used Capital One and got a crazy good rate offer), and use that to make sure they give you something near that rate you got pre-approved for. Doing this enabled me to use their financing, keep the $1000 credit for doing so, but also get a market-correct rate.

I really appreciate that Koons offers such great pricing, and I understand that Craig is doing so much volume because of that pricing that he really can't give any personal attention to his customers, but you just need to know what you are getting yourself into when you order this way. Probably the best price you can possibly get, but don't expect high-touch service.

Hope this helps!
Helps a lot. I just ordered mine through Craig and I can tell they are slammed. Good to know!

Ram-583

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope this helps!
What is the current market rate? I know its ever changing and based off of your specific credit...

Users who are viewing this thread