5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of youtube videos. This is a nice informational video for those of us getting an eTorque engine.

I have to say that I'm very happy that I went with the eTorque. I really liked it in the traffic jam we hit on I-10 and the stop and go around Lake Charles. I barely noticed it was there if I wasn't paying attention to what it was doing.

The TRSC is another thing that I like more than I thought I would.

Veneno

Reaction score
I have to say that I'm very happy that I went with the eTorque. I really liked it in the traffic jam we hit on I-10 and the stop and go around Lake Charles. I barely noticed it was there if I wasn't paying attention to what it was doing.

My wife has a 2021 Grand Cherokee L with the 6 cylinder and start stop. It is so much smoother than her previous Honda Pilot. I have also seen that the etorque is very smooth. I have hated start stop before but I'm coming around.

Phenomenon1561

Reaction score

Sorry for being a noob, but TRSC?

edit: I am looking forward to having this new truck. I’ve never owned a vehicle with start stop and I’m interested in the system and owning a vehicle with it. I’ve heard a lot of people hate on start/stop (even know someone that’s purposely having a new vehicle built with the entire system deleted) but I think its because of the early vehicles using the system and the jerkiness of the original takes on the system.

midwestguy22

Reaction score
Dealer texted me that delivery was progressing. Asked him if he had an ETA and he said no but it’s moving from truck to truck. Any idea what that means? I’m about 300 miles from SHAP. Does that mean it’s going from semi trailer to different semi trailer?

Maccam

Reaction score
Trailer Reverse Steering Control. I think that's what RAM calls it.

I hated the start/stop on my Sierra and my wife's C-Class. The RAM's is much better.
last year i believe there was a recall on the trsc,its on my order,because of tow package.
but i do not think i will be using it

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
last year i believe there was a recall on the trsc,its on my order,because of tow package.
but i do not think i will be using it
I probably won't use it often, but my wife will. It'll be nice for her to have that if I'm traveling for work and she needs to move the camper.

PepperellFF

Reaction score

Random question but what size fuel tank did you get? Did you see a fuel savings with the eTorque?

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
I ordered 11/13. BS 12/20. WS 12/21. I know it was in KZ status as of 12/22. Hopefully mine is getting loaded on the same train. I’m just outside of Reading, PA. UPDATE- Contacted ramchat today and they just keep saying in transit and that it will stay that way until it arrives at the dealer. No ETA. This sound right?
Mine is supposedly in an axle yard in Detroit waiting on a train. All I can get is it will go from there to just outside St. Louis, then truck to Springfield, IL with no ETA.
I just figure by the end of January......maybe

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
My wife has a 2021 Grand Cherokee L with the 6 cylinder and start stop. It is so much smoother than her previous Honda Pilot. I have also seen that the etorque is very smooth. I have hated start stop before but I'm coming around.
I will have an autostop eliminator for sale when my new truck arrives. If you are interested PM me

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Random question but what size fuel tank did you get? Did you see a fuel savings with the eTorque?
I went with the 23 gallon. I only have about 450 miles on it, but I'm getting about 19mpg. Saw almost 21 on the way back from Louisiana.

Definitely better than the 6.2 in my Denali so far. I do miss that engine's power though.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appears to be no window stickers tonight. From any of the 3 factories I have scanned so far, doubled back and rescanned SHAP again just to be sure and found nothing. Fingers crossed we see some movement in the morning!

Last edited:

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick Update just to report some "action" from the plant. There does seem to be new orders going in today, was 472 new VINS issued since the first of the year with the majority of them being TRX's

TRX
169​
Big Horn / Lonestar
89​
Laramie
75​
Limited
63​
Rebel
35​
Longhorn
28​
Tradesman
12​
Sport
1​

Cda3488

Reaction score
I went with the 23 gallon. I only have about 450 miles on it, but I'm getting about 19mpg. Saw almost 21 on the way back from Louisiana.

Definitely better than the 6.2 in my Denali so far. I do miss that engine's power though.
so your saying that 6.2 is quicker than the Hemi?

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so your saying that 6.2 is quicker than the Hemi?
I don't know if it's a lot quicker, but it feels like it so far. To be fair to my RAM, I have less than 500 miles on it and still haven't opened it up all the way. Maybe I'll change my mind, but the only thing I miss about my Denali at this point is the engine.

PepperellFF

Reaction score

Thank you I have a 33 gal and 23 gal truck ordered one had the trailer option (23 gal) the other doesn't. Not sure which way I am going to go is the additional 10 gallons really worth it. I tow a camper 5-6 times a year. Thanks for the info enjoy the new ride

davidv2135

Reaction score
Talked to Sandi yesterday. Mines in the port as of 12/31 just waiting for it to get to th dealership now. It's getting close! Sandi & MD were an absolute pleasure to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunnyS

Reaction score
With around 104000 trucks built what is the breakdown in models. I am sure eighty has this one at his fingertips. Seems like a really high number of TRX being built.

Users who are viewing this thread