5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Sorry if this is posted here, i looked on the app but i am not finding anything.

Is there a chart or did anyone do a breakdown of what the estimated time in each stage is on the assembly line?
I think this would be cool info if its doable.
If not or its not doable, my bad. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
the assembly line moves at the rate of between 49 and 53 trucks per hour
which is a truck about every 8 minutes

above is average and best estimate

watch this

Last edited:

Johnsonroda27

Reaction score
the assembly line moves at the rate of between 49 and 53 trucks per hour
which is a truck about every 8 minutes

above is average and best estimate

watch this
This is pretty cool. I was wondering if anyone knew how much time each vehicle is im each stage. Like framing, paint, etc. Unless this is saying its all done in one day?

Mad Cow

Reaction score
as of right now,

"Thank you, I can see your order is in transit to your dealer! We have an ETA window of 01/11/2022 - 01/24/2022!"
Man, you and I are going to be neck & neck to the finish! I suspect we are on the same train, it's going to come down to where they are offloaded and trucked to our dealer...

Edit: Tomorrow is my weekly dealer POC check in. Hoping to get a better date from them.

Veneno

Reaction score
Man, you and I are going to be neck & neck to the finish! I suspect we are on the same train, it's going to come down to where they are offloaded and trucked to our dealer...

Edit: Tomorrow is my weekly dealer POC check in. Hoping to get a better date from them.
My last Ram, back in November of 2020, landed in Salt Lake City Utah through Union Pacific and from there it was trucked to the dealer I ordered it from. I ordered it from a small dealership in Richfield Utah, gave me a great deal. So if our trucks follow the same route you will get it first. So I would be best if you give me your address now so I can get the PBR ready to ship. ;) Mine is coming to California this time.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
My last Ram, back in November of 2020, landed in Ogden Utah through Union Pacific and from there it was trucked to the dealer I ordered it from. I ordered it from a small dealership in Richfield Utah, gave me a great deal. So if our trucks follow the same route you will get it first. So I would be best if you give me your address now so I can get the PBR ready to ship. ;) Mine is coming to California this time.
I thought there was a big railroad hub somewhere around SLC. It's a pretty straight shot up I-15 to I-84 into Boise. I-80 is a mess right now, so if you are in NorCal, that may be a problem. If you are in SoCal, that may work better for you, I-15 all the way. Regardless, it's going to be close!

Veneno

Reaction score
I thought there was a big railroad hub somewhere around SLC. It's a pretty straight shot up I-15 to I-84 into Boise. I-80 is a mess right now, so if you are in NorCal, that may be a problem. If you are in SoCal, that may work better for you, I-15 all the way. Regardless, it's going to be close!
I'm about an hour north of Bakersfield. So who knows what route they would take. I suspect my truck will stay on the train until it gets to Sacramento.

Maccam

Reaction score
I ordered 11/13. BS 12/20. WS 12/21. I know it was in KZ status as of 12/22. Hopefully mine is getting loaded on the same train. I’m just outside of Reading, PA. UPDATE- Contacted ramchat today and they just keep saying in transit and that it will stay that way until it arrives at the dealer. No ETA. This sound right?
just talked to dealer,my eta is now 01-05 to 01-13,moved back another week,has been sitting in stockyard since 12-09.
dealer said deliveries will really move this week,holidays are over,why didnt he just hand me a pacifier,instead of bull_ _ _ _
im in pittsburg area,only like 6 hours from detroit

Maccam

Reaction score
Yep ... apparently they have 5 drivers to service all dealerships in LA. .Keep fingers and toes crossed that we are all picked up pretty quickly from the port, and the 3 weeks doesn't come to fruition, because I've watched every single 2022 Limited video on Youtube and have nothing left to watch :ROFLMAO: ☹️
i was watching the youtube reruns on the 2021's,just to feel connected to my truck

Maccam

Reaction score
Right there with you guys. I don't think there is a 2022 Ram video (and many 2021 and Uconnect 5 even on other Jeeps and dodges) I haven't watched at this point.
theres a youtube video with a ben somebody,did a preview of a 2022 limited

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
rambox for the bighorn was removed a few months ago
I was able to use the configuration tool to build it like 2 weeks ago using the big horn model.

Stelantis announced they removed it for the tradesman, but never said anything about the big horn. They did drop the multi functioning tailgate for the bighorns

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Last edited:

Mathis35

Reaction score
This is pretty cool. I was wondering if anyone knew how much time each vehicle is im each stage. Like framing, paint, etc. Unless this is saying its all done in one day?

I was in framing on 12/28 and paint on 12/29 and don't have a build sheet yet. But that's not the norm by any means. Holiday threw a wrench in the schedule I'm pretty sure.

Users who are viewing this thread