5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
I ordered a Hydro Blue on 12/2 and it's supposed to be built on the 12/19 as well. I suspect it takes roughly a month have it shipped to California.
My dealer told me yesterday that they build them in color groups, so that makes a lot of sense. He also said anyone that wants the surround camera and automatic parking is going to be in for a very long wait. He indicated those chips are the really hard ones to source. Don't shoot the messenger, only passing along what he told me...

Mad Cow

Reaction score
I know , I just want them to know I know what the POC with details look like and is available. Someone has posted a detail POC before I just don't remember which tread or what page to copy from.
Go back a page, I posted the top half of mine about a hour ago...

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't worry, both of ours will be assembled Dec 23rd and be filled with issues...
This all goes back to the trolling I did months ago when we were all trying to figure out production start dates and I yanked everyone's chain saying my build was almost complete

Maccam

Reaction score
Ram Chat is all messed up today. I check in every few days. Mostly just to be a PITA. I have the text saved and I just copy and paste. LOL Today they first said they could not find my vehicle. Then said they are still getting parts for it and it will be sequenced for production. I told him that I already have the build sheet. He say he'll be back in a min, then they said "I can see your order has been released from the factory and was approved for shipping. Shipping arrangements have not been completed yet but it should be leaving soon! There is no ETA listed but it should be generated in the coming days!" WTF.
Lucky you,i ordered 3days before you,and they tell me its getting scheduled for production

Randboye

Reaction score
Don't worry, both of ours will be assembled Dec 23rd and be filled with issues...
My dealer said it's in production now and and sent a POC with shipping date 12-15 he said should be here by new year years
Wish an hoping for Birthday present 29th🤞🏼 if information is accurract will fit close to Eighty chart of shipping to Tx.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Dragging in late with the updated chart. Same info as @triple_B's, along with new member additions (@rbdennis, @Mad Cow, @Veneno, @Southside, @DrCrashTstDummy).

View attachment 113323
Very nice, thank you Sir! So now I have to ask the Newbie question, what am I looking at here? What does the thin and thick blue lines indicate? And the shaded blue area? Should I expect my truck to be at the dealer in 3-4 weeks, or is that shipping time added to the build time? I know this is probably explained somewhere, but I'm not sure where to look. Sorry in advance for the rookie question...

t_henrickson

Reaction score
I ordered a loaded rebel gt on the same date as you and I just got my estimated ship date yesterday of 12/21. I have not received any communication of my rebel 2 package being changed though. It better not get changed!
I spoke too soon. Lost my power fold mirrors as well by losing the Level 2 package. Must be saving the power fold chips for Laramie and Limiteds only.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
My dealer said it's in production now and and sent a POC with shipping date 12-15 he said should be here by new year years
Wish an hoping for Birthday present 29th🤞🏼 if information is accurract will fit close to Eighty chart of shipping to Tx.
Stay cautiously optimistic, my truck has been in final inspection since the 2nd. Just left my dealer and the estimated ship date on the poc still shows 12/4.

Jpiper11

Reaction score
Not all of them. My TRX showed 1:58am.
I don't know much about much about these trucks. I do know that I'm teaching a dealer how to fly.. and I got to steal the keys to his Hellcat powered TRX and ran it down the empty runway today. MAN.. that's one hell of a truck. I want a diesel.. but that's a cool truck.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Very nice, thank you Sir! So now I have to ask the Newbie question, what am I looking at here? What does the thin and thick blue lines indicate? And the shaded blue area? Should I expect my truck to be at the dealer in 3-4 weeks, or is that shipping time added to the build time? I know this is probably explained somewhere, but I'm not sure where to look. Sorry in advance for the rookie question...
From earlier.

Well, first thing you do is print it out. Then you wipe your bum with it.

JK...

The squiggly line on the left shows order dates (on the X axis, with last 6 digits of the VIN on the Y axis). Basically represents the timeline of orders.

The thin blue line represents the "theoretical" date that a truck would be built, based on the assumptions stated (9/13 start of production, 6000 trucks/week), and everything being built sequentially.

The thick blue line represents the range (3-4 weeks later) that a truck would theoretically be delivered.

All the dots represent the "actual" build date. As you can see, there is no method to the madness. Ram is just building whatever they want, whenever they want. If you have a truck that's built to the left of the thin blue line, then you're "beating the average", and if it falls to the right then your time is overdue.

If you look at today's chart, I was lucky enough to have two trucks built. One was WAY overdue from May 20th. The other one was built long before it should have been (if life was fair). But life isn't fair.

This all started as a look-ahead, wishful-thinking, general idea of when someone could expect a truck to be built. Now it's just an exercise in frustration or sheer joy (depending on whether your truck is built to the left or the right of the line).
I believe shipping has an ave of 3-4 weeks after window sticker, so unless you are at WS now it will defiantly be longer. No one has a good answer on how long builds are taking, some are fast, some are slow.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
See this post.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I don't even exactly trust what is coming down from Stellantis. Attached is a snip of the email I was forwarded back on Nov. 10th and my build date came and went without going to D1. I would assume I am close to D1 if I had a tentative build date of last week, but who knows. It was another week of seeing higher vins go out that could have had my parts on them. I saw at least one of everything on my truck go out last week.

View attachment 113319
without a current POC nothing else you are told is true

the POC is correct 99% of the time

Reactions: x50

Gracieboy

Reaction score
Just got the special call from my dealer. Good news= both trucks just hit D1 Bad news= ship date of 12/21 so hoping I don't get the dreaded Christmas trucks lol. Waiting on my new POC now.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
without a current POC nothing else you are told is true

the POC is correct 99% of the time
I get that is the POC has final word, just frustrating to see the factory area rep give the GM of my dealer a bad date. Makes me lose faith that even they know internally what is going on

Users who are viewing this thread