5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Randboye

Reaction score
Ask for a Priced Order Confirmation from your dealer. And then ask for it again (with the "detail" shown) once it has been issued a VIN. That will take a day or two after the order is entered.
Eight do you have a Poc with sub details and codes I could take a screen shot of. Thanks

Rustybolt

Reaction score
The guy I talked to said something about his screen wasn't updating. I had the dealer send me an updated POC and it does say that the status is KZ. I just checked the current rebates for the Laramie and it's $1000 now. When I ordered is was $500 but the dealer said they would hold the $500 unless there is a better rebate when the truck arrives. I'm stoked about that. Extra G note for upgrades.

View attachment 113314
Update... I did get the call back (credit to Ram for that ) Martha did verify that the Status was D1, but could not verfy build date or ESD.
Will ask my dealer for updated POC tomorrow out of curiosity.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Update... I did get the call back (credit to Ram for that ) Martha did verify that the Status was D1, but could not verfy build date or ESD.
Will ask my dealer for updated POC tomorrow out of curiosity.
if it is truly in D-1 then it has a build date

there is no other answer

that is one of the reason for a poc

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Just got the special call from my dealer. Good news= both trucks just hit D1 Bad news= ship date of 12/21 so hoping I don't get the dreaded Christmas trucks lol. Waiting on my new POC now.
Is there any legitimacy to the "Christmas trucks"? Or is it just assumed that they will have issues because the plant is pushing harder to make year end and also the production line is excited for Christmas shutdown so they are lacking in focus? I have never heard this term before but I wouldn't doubt that it's true haha.

Gracieboy

Reaction score
Is there any legitimacy to the "Christmas trucks"? Or is it just assumed that they will have issues because the plant is pushing harder to make year end and also the production line is excited for Christmas shutdown so they are lacking in focus? I have never heard this term before but I wouldn't doubt that it's true haha.
I sure hope not! Just assuming. We'll see I guess

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Day 9 of my completed truck siting in a transport yard less than 3 hours from my dealer. Come on man. Tomorrow is my 5 month order date anniversary. Killing me knowing its totally done sitting a few hours from me....for over a week now.
Don't scare me with that! Mine should either be on it's way to my dealer or sitting in a transport yard an hour and a half away from my dealer right now haha.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
it has always been a rumor that one should never get a vehicle built on a monday or a friday because on monday they are hung over from a weekend of partying and friday they are tired and do not pay attention

with this plant on critical status since sept 25 (ending on Dec 25) meaning no days off for 90 days, any day can be a bad day

as far a christmas it is because they are looking for the time off and are not paying attention

but it is all a rumor

jchuchla

Reaction score
Just got an email from my dealer. My truck is in paint! How long does it typically take from this stage to get a build sheet and window sticker and leave the plant? Anyone have any idea how long it typically takes to get trucks from Sterling Heights to the Chicago area? Am i being too optimistic thinking I might get a new truck for Christmas?

Rustybolt

Reaction score
if it is truly in D-1 then it has a build date

there is no other answer

that is one of the reason for a poc
That's what I thought so im no better off than before I started my experiment . Just very interesting. left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Just got an email from my dealer. My truck is in paint! How long does it typically take from this stage to get a build sheet and window sticker and leave the plant? Anyone have any idea how long it typically takes to get trucks from Sterling Heights to the Chicago area? Am i being too optimistic thinking I might get a new truck for Christmas?
paint is after D-1

but again what does the POC state

t_henrickson

Reaction score
it has always been a rumor that one should never get a vehicle built on a monday or a friday because on monday they are hung over from a weekend of partying and friday they are tired and do not pay attention

with this plant on critical status since sept 25 (ending on Dec 25) meaning no days off for 90 days, any day can be a bad day

as far a christmas it is because they are looking for the time off and are not paying attention

but it is all a rumor
Knowing my luck mine will either show up with tons of issues or it will sit in QC for months because they'll be trying to figure out how assembly could have gone so horribly wrong haha

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I'd say anything built near the end of a quarter would have a higher probability of being ****ed up because they're always trying to squeeze out a little more revenue.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same concept as don't want one built on Monday (hangover) or Friday (rush to get a hangover).

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
new posters look at my signature below
I went to D-1 about 14 days before my build date
after my build date of dec 3rd it went to get sprayed in bed liner and steps
my window sticker was issued on Dec 4
truck is now on its way by train to a transfer yard in southern calif where it will be put on an auto carrier and trucked to my dealer arriving between dec 21 and jan1 2022

if you do not need anything the assembly line cannot do the window sticker can show the same day as build date.

now if there is ANYTHING wrong with a finished unit all bets are OFF!

Users who are viewing this thread