5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Okay Guys, new member here with a Ram Limited on order. I've been reading up on the orders, and thought I'd throw my $0.02 in. I ordered my Laramie on 11/30/21 and was told the wait would be between 12 weeks and 6 months. I have a decent truck in the garage now, so while kinda annoying, it wasn't the end of the world.

Fast forward to yesterday. I stop by my dealer to get a VIN so I can enter it here on Eighty's spread sheet. My Truck is in D1 status with and ESD of 12/19/21. I ask how this can be right, I'm only three weeks in? He double checks and says it's legit, I have a chance of getting my truck before Christmas.

How can this be right? Like I said I'm a newbie here, so I have to be missing something right? Pic of the POC attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7482.jpeg
    IMG_7482.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 68

deanno33

Reaction score
Day 9 of my completed truck siting in a transport yard less than 3 hours from my dealer. Come on man. Tomorrow is my 5 month order date anniversary. Killing me knowing its totally done sitting a few hours from me....for over a week now.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Okay Guys, new member here with a Ram Limited on order. I've been reading up on the orders, and thought I'd throw my $0.02 in. I ordered my Laramie on 11/30/21 and was told the wait would be between 12 weeks and 6 months. I have a decent truck in the garage now, so while kinda annoying, it wasn't the end of the world.

Fast forward to yesterday. I stop by my dealer to get a VIN so I can enter it here on Eighty's spread sheet. My Truck is in D1 status with and ESD of 12/19/21. I ask how this can be right, I'm only three weeks in? He double checks and says it's legit, I have a chance of getting my truck before Christmas.

How can this be right? Like I said I'm a newbie here, so I have to be missing something right? Pic of the POC attached.
I would say you are 99% going to get a truck built on 12-19
look for your build sheet on dec 20 or 21

you can run your VIN here, replace "yourvinhere" with your vin number

wait until dec 20

RAMKing1

Reaction score

How did you order Hydro Blue on 11/30? It hasn't been an option for months

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Appreciate you providing those phone numbers. I just called the 1st one, and spoke with Moe who was great. He took all my details down, took a couple of tries as he sounds like he was a bit slow on the computer, then put me on hold for a minute before coming back to tell me all the parts are gathered and "it looks like something exciting should be happening soon by the looks of it". He was very genuine and I would assume this means D1, but certainly not holding my breath.

It's a shame the top level management and factory reps don't provide more info down the line, as this gentlemen was super polite and helpful, and Sandi at MD also is. They just can't give you any info they don't have. As I mentioned in another post, they are in the dark as much as we are.
I don't even exactly trust what is coming down from Stellantis. Attached is a snip of the email I was forwarded back on Nov. 10th and my build date came and went without going to D1. I would assume I am close to D1 if I had a tentative build date of last week, but who knows. It was another week of seeing higher vins go out that could have had my parts on them. I saw at least one of everything on my truck go out last week.

1638985259223.png

t_henrickson

Reaction score
I ordered a Hydro Blue GT on July 29th. Pretty much fully loaded and still in D status and can't get any information on hold up. Was supposedly put to priority twice now. Also they dropped me from Rebel 2 package to Rebel B with no warning and still waiting for dealer to fix it. 🤬
I ordered a loaded rebel gt on the same date as you and I just got my estimated ship date yesterday of 12/21. I have not received any communication of my rebel 2 package being changed though. It better not get changed!

deanno33

Reaction score
how did you find this out?

My dealer in Green Bay told me on the day it hit the yard in Illinois. Since then, it hasn't moved. Dealer said they are short transport drivers and transport trucks so been taking longer to get trucks moved from the staging lots to dealers.

Out of curiosity I used Ram Chat today. They said estimated delivery to dealer is 12/8 - 12/10. My sales guy is off Wednesdays so will see what tomorrow brings.

Last edited:

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
View attachment 113289
D1 after less than a week.
He wasn't the only one. This is earlier in the thread. He got a vin on 12/07 and also has a ship date of 12/19

I ordered a Hydro Blue on 12/2 and it's supposed to be built on the 12/19 as well.
Edit: he beat me to posting about it above

Mad Cow

Reaction score
How did you order Hydro Blue on 11/30? It hasn't been an option for months
While Hydro Blue doesn't show available for the 2022's on the Ram website, it is available when you build the truck on the dealers website. There are several other differences too. Level A is now called Level 1, costs more and adds content. Base price is up $650 and they deleted front and rear park assist as a separate option. It's included in Level 1...

Hillbilly2

Reaction score
Dealership told me I’ve gone D1 finally. Est ship date of 12/27. I ordered 7/23. Hope to get it February.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't even exactly trust what is coming down from Stellantis. Attached is a snip of the email I was forwarded back on Nov. 10th and my build date came and went without going to D1. I would assume I am close to D1 if I had a tentative build date of last week, but who knows. It was another week of seeing higher vins go out that could have had my parts on them. I saw at least one of everything on my truck go out last week.

View attachment 113319
My build date came and went as well despite a rep essentially saying it was a lock. I've never been in D1, at least not at any point I've checked. At this point, I would rather have them keep the brakes on until after Christmas for mine.

Randboye

Reaction score
They should know what that is. They are playing games.
I know , I just want them to know I know what the POC with details look like and is available. Someone has posted a detail POC before I just don't remember which tread or what page to copy from.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
My build date came and went as well despite a rep essentially saying it was a lock. I've never been in D1, at least not at any point I've checked. At this point, I would rather have them keep the brakes on until after Christmas for mine.
Don't worry, both of ours will be assembled Dec 23rd and be filled with issues...

Users who are viewing this thread