5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Anyone need a good laugh today? I just texted my sales guy telling him I am getting frustrated with the lack of movement and information concerning my sold order. Lol he replies that it has to be something with the Eco Diesel I ordered like maybe an emission issue. I told him that I am a member of this website and they have the ability to track members vin numbers and builds. I told him several Eco Diesels have been built. He hasn’t replied yet. I think I got him scrambling. He knows that if something don’t move soon I will start talking to my co-workers about it. The dealership don’t want that to happen lol. I already asked the UAW if they could have any influence. Yes I am a Stellantis employee and to them I am just another customer my steward said. So I guess I am still in the waiting game hoping to see my name pop up on the new build sheet list.
We have pretty similar builds, just I went with the 10th anniversary for the lighter interior and you went with the full trailer tow group. Me (and I believe the others with ORG) agree that plus tow stuff is what is most likely holding up our orders. Some suspect the sunroof also.
My guess is its a combination since I haven't seen anyone super loaded go out, but have seen all the options used in higher VINs. Probably the idea they can build 2 lower spec'ed trucks over 1 of our higher spec'ed trucks.

n00ber

Reaction score
I thought I saw someone on here had figured the cost to convert to power folding mirrors. Anyone remember where that was or know the price?
I figured the cost for the Center High Mounted Stop Light and mirror it connects to with one other person on here. If you give me a few hours to get to my home computer i can do a little bit of searching as to how to and the price for parts give or take (if you do it yourself).

Not sure if thats what you are remembering from this thread.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Anyone need a good laugh today? I just texted my sales guy telling him I am getting frustrated with the lack of movement and information concerning my sold order. Lol he replies that it has to be something with the Eco Diesel I ordered like maybe an emission issue. I told him that I am a member of this website and they have the ability to track members vin numbers and builds. I told him several Eco Diesels have been built. He hasn’t replied yet. I think I got him scrambling. He knows that if something don’t move soon I will start talking to my co-workers about it. The dealership don’t want that to happen lol. I already asked the UAW if they could have any influence. Yes I am a Stellantis employee and to them I am just another customer my steward said. So I guess I am still in the waiting game hoping to see my name pop up on the new build sheet list.
but you do not work at shap correct?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My sales guy texted me this morning and my truck is supposedly in Toledo waiting for a truck. Kinda weird since I'm in Chicago. I would think it would be on a train to Chicago and then truck from there. Either way, that's supposedly where it is. Hopefully it doesn't sit there too long.

Scott_R

Reaction score
When you see 1C6SRFFT6NN193419 come down the line all the TLC please!

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
So my dealer Peel Chrysler Jeep in Mississauga Ontario Canada called me this morning. My truck finally arrived, this is a truck I ordered in Feb 2021. My sales guy has been telling me the whole time that the price would not increase. Now a sales manager calls me and tells me the the truck will cost $3945 more to pick it up this week. Take it or leave it. For the other guys that have had trucks flipped from 2021 to 2022 models, did your dealer charge you more when the truck arrived?
I'm not recommending you do this, but if I were you...

I'd feed my dog ribeye (this produces the smelliest, nastiest bowel ejections you can imagine... also odd that New York Strips and filets don't have the same effect) and bag up the aftermath. I'd then heat seal it in a bag, wrap it in some saran wrap, and let it sit outside for a day. Then, I'd call the dealer and tell them you are in. I'd then get about 8 grocery bags and get the "package," and bring it with me. Tell the dealer you want to take a quick test drive just to make sure everything is squared away. On the test drive, take the "package" out, unwrap it until just the doggie bag is left, and leave it in the in-floor storage unit. Take the truck back, tell them you are going to pass, and enjoy the rest of your day.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My sales guy texted me this morning and my truck is supposedly in Toledo waiting for a truck. Kinda weird since I'm in Chicago. I would think it would be on a train to Chicago and then truck from there. Either way, that's supposedly where it is. Hopefully it doesn't sit there too long.
this sounds correct.
shap is above toledo. too close for a train.
if you lived farther away then yes a train.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Ram chat says all parts are gathered. Dealer says truck will be at the dealership next week….. something isn’t adding up! But no one has a build date or anything…. What do you guys think. Really think the trucks will be here next week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramontario21

Reaction score
My take from the conversation was, let's see how much more $ we can get out of this guy. They told me flat out, don't take it if you want, we'll turn around and sell it for more. Other than losing a customer for life with this treatment, in the short term they put you between a rock and a hard place and try to get more profit either way.

My Window sticker says YOY Price Protection April 7 2021 and YOY Price Protection May 3 2021
Do you not have a purchase contract from the 21?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update on the 2021 project for comparison data that I started last week, it is getting close to being complete. I have validated all VINS, downloaded all Build Sheets and Window Stickers and am in the process of scanning all of them to aggregate the data now. Oddly enough that is taking as long as the actual search, Computer doesn't like opening, importing and closing, 800,000 PDF’s for some reason

If it helps you any, when I bought my 2021 rebel, it was built in 9-21…which puts it at the same time the 2022 started building. Just didn’t know that they were still building and marking 2021 trucks.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

kesta1986

Reaction score
I'm not recommending you do this, but if I were you...

I'd feed my dog ribeye (this produces the smelliest, nastiest bowel ejections you can imagine... also odd that New York Strips and filets don't have the same effect) and bag up the aftermath. I'd then heat seal it in a bag, wrap it in some saran wrap, and let it sit outside for a day. Then, I'd call the dealer and tell them you are in. I'd then get about 8 grocery bags and get the "package," and bring it with me. Tell the dealer you want to take a quick test drive just to make sure everything is squared away. On the test drive, take the "package" out, unwrap it until just the doggie bag is left, and leave it in the in-floor storage unit. Take the truck back, tell them you are going to pass, and enjoy the rest of your day.
Jesus, remind me to not p!$$ you off hahaha...This was very well thought out lol

wintaborn

Reaction score
Do you not have a purchase contract from the 21?
Yes I do. I've also spoken with further managers throughout the day. They claim the YOY price protection that is clearly stated on the Build Sheet and on Window Sticker is just to protect promotions/incentives. They claim that their invoice price from Stellantis has increased, so they have to pass that along (and more since that only increased by $2480, but they are increasing by $3800 + tax). But they make it extra clear numerous times, hey if you don't want the truck, don't worry about it. How short sighted is Peel Chrysler? This is my second truck purchase from them in 5 years. I ordered in Feb and the entire time including during the conversion to 2022 model they told me the price would be the same. Now the truck lands and they want to score a quick profit increase from me, or I walk and they sell it for the same or more, but they will lose me as a customer for life.

But their favourite line I have heard from 3 people at the dealer I've spoken with today - "But you are getting a 2022 model, it's worth so much more, If I were you I'd be happy to pay more for a 2022". Really? I would be happier with a 2021 within 2 months of ordering the truck at the price I agreed to. I can't believe waiting 10 months to pay $4500 more than the price agreed to would be considered a good thing for anyone.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Yes I do. I've also spoken with further managers throughout the day. They claim the YOY price protection that is clearly stated on the Build Sheet and on Window Sticker is just to protect promotions/incentives. They claim that their invoice price from Stellantis has increased, so they have to pass that along (and more since that only increased by $2480, but they are increasing by $3800 + tax). But they make it extra clear numerous times, hey if you don't want the truck, don't worry about it. How short sighted is Peel Chrysler? This is my second truck purchase from them in 5 years. I ordered in Feb and the entire time including during the conversion to 2022 model they told me the price would be the same. Now the truck lands and they want to score a quick profit increase from me, or I walk and they sell it for the same or more, but they will lose me as a customer for life.

But their favourite line I have heard from 3 people at the dealer I've spoken with today - "But you are getting a 2022 model, it's worth so much more, If I were you I'd be happy to pay more for a 2022". Really? I would be happier with a 2021 within 2 months of ordering the truck at the price I agreed to. I can't believe waiting 10 months to pay $4500 more than the price agreed to would be considered a good thing for anyone.
Let's be honest, no dealer cares about return purchases especially in this climate. For at least the next 3 years they will sell every single vehicle they get without a problem.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let's be honest, no dealer cares about return purchases especially in this climate. For at least the next 3 years they will sell every single vehicle they get without a problem.
There are still a few good dealers out there. I bought my last three trucks from the same GM dealer. My dad's been buying trucks from them for close to 40 years, and my grandfather has been buying from them since they opened. I don't think they'd ever pull something like this, regardless of the market.

Been pretty happy with Mark Dodge so far.

RamCanuck

Reaction score
Wondering how the other 2022 Canadian trucks that recently built have fared with their dealers and honouring prices. @RamCanuck @CdnSport21 @Jimmymc @DizzyDean13 @Markvv @MrDazana
So I had my 2021 price honored without any hesitation. I was told by my dealer that they had to call FCA Canada and got the green light the day the truck arrived. I was worried during the entire summer, since my dealer basically said they'll try their best and that there could be a very small chance I would lose on the incentives, but once it arrived, I didn't need to do or inquire anything from my end. I owe it to my sales guy!

I've basically shopped around the entire SW Ontario & GTA and in all honestly, I've received mixed reviews about Peel....sure they have the best deals out the door, but their customer service is evident through your experience. If I were you, I would contact FCA Canada customer service directly and let them know what Peel is doing here...there needs to be some oversight and I know almost every dealer in Canada wants to be in FCA's good books for inventory, allotment, etc.

LAST resort would be to contact OMVIC. They have way more authority and power over these dealers than we think.

Retcoastie

Reaction score
Laramie Build... Just got off the phone with my salesman. He says he just got notified that my ordered truck has a shipping date of 07 Nov. He wanted to know if I wanted to go ahead with it or stick with the Power Wagon. I'm gonna take the PW . Anyways, VIN on the Laramie is 1C6SRFRT2NN120480. Ordered on 01 July, got VIN and VON on that day. Mountain Brown interior, MFT tailgate, 4 corner air suspension, Chrome power-fold trailer tow mirrors. Those are the things I think I saw something here and there that might hold up the builds. So, looks like parts fell off a boat or out of the sky somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread