5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

MetalRebel2022

Reaction score
Added 2276 Window Stickers tonight. 4 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @TXwaderinAR, @Jimp1, @Luigi_dfw, @Biston

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
102433 @TXwaderinARXXArkansasGraniteRebel
119074 @Jimp1XXNew YorkBlueLaramie
121303 @Luigi_dfwXXLouisianaGraniteLaramie
168860 @BistonXXWashingtonSilverLaramie
There's definitely a pattern going now it seems. A few low vins and then 1 or 2 high vins. Not sure what pattern that is, but it's a pattern lol.

scuba

Reaction score
I drove through my dealers lot today (as I do Everytime I'm in the area, like a stalker). I noticed that almost all of their new bighorns they got in had the tow mirrors optioned. I found this of for them, usually the only trucks on their lot that have them are HDs or used. I looked at a few window stickers, they were all bighorn lvl2, but none of them had trailer breaks, the towing package or 3.92 gears. I find it odd to add the tow mirrors and no other towing goodies. Might be nothing but I couldn't help but feel like they found a way around the rumored power folding mirror shortages. They did have some laramies with power fold mirrors. just thought I'd share.
I had almost opposite experience with dealers in the NW. Drove an hour to buy a truck just to walk away because it had power fold when I need tow mirrors. Found out not so easy to swap out that they let me walk. So I walked and ordered a 2022.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Ramontario21

Reaction score

Biston

Reaction score
There's definitely a pattern going now it seems. A few low vins and then 1 or 2 high vins. Not sure what pattern that is, but it's a pattern lol.
I feel lucky to be one of the higher VINs getting built. I know a lot of folks have been waiting longer than I have. I wonder how my dealer will play the price differences. It looks like base price went up $750 and Destination went up $100. My sticker is $850 more than what I put my initials next to in late August. Not a huge difference but...

Jimp1

Reaction score

Jimp1

Reaction score
To Everybody still Waiting, It'll get here. I apologize to the ones who have been waiting longer than me. Will take pics when it shows up.

deanno33

Reaction score
I noticed that almost all of their new bighorns they got in had the tow mirrors
Agree. I started to look at 2021 bighorn level 2 trucks just to get me by until my order arrives. No joke I looked at every dealer in WI last night. Almost every bighorn level 2 had the 'power tow mirrors manual fold away'. I'm guessing that means to pull into the garage, you need to manual fold them in? Or maybe, they power fold in but manual fold up (to tow)? No idea, it was just odd to see and they charge $245 for the mirrors. Most had trailer brake control at most so really not set up for towing. Funny part is, the one I was most interested in, had regular power fold mirrors and all of the towing pieces (some tow group with trailer tire sensors too).

BTW the best price I found is that truck MSRP 54,370 and 6,250 off of that. Most places still seem to just give the national rebates from Ram off MSPR. Just not sure that's worth it as I prefer not loose money in 6 months when my July order comes in (understanding that is unrealistic thinking).

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Almost every bighorn level 2 had the 'power tow mirrors manual fold away'. I'm guessing that means to pull into the garage, you need to manual fold them in? Or maybe, they power fold in but manual fold up (to tow)?
Power tow mirrors manual fold away means the mirrors have power adjustable glass, and you manually fold them towards the body. Ram has no such feature as tow mirrors that power rotate the mirrors into the tow position.

TXwaderinAR

Reaction score

firedfly

Reaction score
Are they really out of the color red?

They aren't out. There were two member trucks being tracked that were built over the weekend that were red.

Edit: There were actually three member trucks built over the weekend that were red. Two TRX's in Flame Red and a Laramie in Delmonico Red.

n00ber

Reaction score
I am also curious on this since I was unable to add tech group to my order

waaaaaay back on page 85 for the CHMSL and DRVM, havent done any searching for the dash/projector for the HUD, I tint my front window so idk how that would work with that.

n00ber

Reaction score
If I'm remembering right, Tech Group was moved into Level 1 for the Limited and Longhorn and left as a separate package for the Bighorn but it was pulled as an option/integration with any packages for every other trim.
at the time of my order tech group was not available. otherwise i would have it :(.

Scott_R

Reaction score
Power tow mirrors manual fold away means the mirrors have power adjustable glass, and you manually fold them towards the body. Ram has no such feature as tow mirrors that power rotate the mirrors into the tow position.
Meanwhile, on the Build Sheet, these should be mirrors that fold with power.

"Chrome Pwr-Fold Trailer Tow Mirrors "

As found on this VIN 1C6SRFHT6NN181445

Correct ?!?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread