5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's built, and "should" contain all items listed. Unless someone messed up during production. From there, it needs to go through a few more steps before a window sticker is issued and it is released for shipping. Here's a link that spells out the steps.
again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH :)

m.hamner

Reaction score
@triple_B Hilarious that "my" truck is being built today when I already have it sitting in the driveway. This vin is from my first order put through and was told was cancelled in February by another dealer. clicked on it, and sure enough, it's the exact build I had requested. The incompetence.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
@triple_B Hilarious that "my" truck is being built today when I already have it sitting in the driveway. This vin is from my first order put through and was told was cancelled in February by another dealer. clicked on it, and sure enough, it's the exact build I had requested. The incompetence.
this has been asked many times, there is no incompetence
most dealers do not cancel orders that are placed.
they just sell the truck when it arrives.

m.hamner

Reaction score
this has been asked many times, there is no incompetence
most dealers do not cancel orders that are placed.
they just sell the truck when it arrives.
I understand that particular fact, however I was told that the order was completely cancelled and would not be built. So, it was either a lie or incompetence.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I understand that particular fact, however I was told that the order was completely cancelled and would not be built. So, it was either a lie or incompetence.
unless you talked to the person who actually input the order into the dealer connect system and most salespeople do not have access to the system other then read only, they did not know what they were talking about.
I had to go above my salespersons head and talked directly with the manager who does the inputting and he was the one who explained it all to me.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
maybe the sales person wanted to cancel it , and then the manager said no and decided to still order the truck , to have a truck in the lot with more options than the regular they receive

KurtLaf

Reaction score
and also, is everything on that build sheet going to be on my truck? or some can be on the sheet but will not be put on truck due to shortage
Jealous...Your Build Sheet shows you have the reclining back seat as well as heated back seat...Congrats

Kemcar

Reaction score
Thanks! Seems like they are finally getting to Laramie haha.
I ordered my Big Horn on 7/27 one day after you ordered your Laramie, and am close to your VIN# hopefully mine is soon! Your build sheet is giving me hope! (I know there are tons of factors, just excited and wishful thinking!) CONGRATS!

CatServant

Reaction score
I just hope my Bighorn/Lonestar ordered in late July isn’t going to push past October.

cleigh

Reaction score
I ordered my Big Horn on 7/27 one day after you ordered your Laramie, and am close to your VIN# hopefully mine is soon! Your build sheet is giving me hope! (I know there are tons of factors, just excited and wishful thinking!) CONGRATS!

Fair warning my Big Horn was ordered 5/17, and was slated to be built today until last week's shut down. Currently scheduled for 10/1 - hopefully delivery by the end of Oct/first week November.

m.hamner

Reaction score
maybe the sales person wanted to cancel it , and then the manager said no and decided to still order the truck , to have a truck in the lot with more options than the regular they receive
Yeah, I suppose that's possible. The manager himself had told me he had canceled the order though. Oh well, I'll never know.

cleigh

Reaction score
Ordered mine in late June, pushed to Oct 11 as a reference. Bighorn Backcountry.

With factory to dealer taking ~25 days plus PDI/financing time, I think anything built after this week is going to be a November pickup, or very late October.

I'm tent camping my way home, so I went from being worried about melting (I originally thought August pickup, hah!) to now thinking I might be cold. Ah well, more time to save up my down payment!

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Fair warning my Big Horn was ordered 5/17, and was slated to be built today until last week's shut down. Currently scheduled for 10/1 - hopefully delivery by the end of Oct/first week November.
Wow your truck still hasn't been built. Yikes! Sorry to see.

cleigh

Reaction score
Wow your truck still hasn't been built. Yikes! Sorry to see.

Thank you! I definitely was not expecting it to take 5-6 months! That being said, it's working out okay because it's given time for fuel costs to come down a bit, incentives to get better, and for me to get a bigger downpayment. So all that is good. I just hope my wife's 14 year old Rav4 with 130,000 miles holds on long enough until we can sell it!

Users who are viewing this thread