5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Kemcar

Reaction score

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welp…it doesn’t look good guys…

For more great content like this subscribe to the Dallas News app here: https://join.dallasnews.com/subscription-landing
View attachment 139131
im all for better pays and more benefits but when i have a truck that i need to build for Alaska trip next year (i only have a few months to install suspension, run electrical wiring, and also need a month or two for shakedown and adjustment) i can't be more pissed about this situation

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed part of the conversation but is there a way to estimate how many 2022 are left to build?
Here's the data as of ~2 weeks ago.

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question: if there are overlapping builds between two separate model years, would we potentially get equipments/features that were "removed" for 2022 model year but added back for 2023 model year? i.e. for laramie the rear reclining seats and rear heated seats. I have not looked into this too much but we can probably cross check 2021/2022 overlapping builds and see what happened there.

I have a 2022 Laramie on order and it was supposed to go into production last Sunday but that did not happen sadly.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This might be a dumb question: if there are overlapping builds between two separate model years, would we potentially get equipments/features that were "removed" for 2022 model year but added back for 2023 model year? i.e. for laramie the rear reclining seats and rear heated seats. I have not looked into this too much but we can probably cross check 2021/2022 overlapping builds and see what happened there.

I have a 2022 Laramie on order and it was supposed to go into production last Sunday but that did not happen sadly.
Nope, sorry. Once they lock in the items that you’re getting, that’s what you get. Unless they cut out more. But I haven’t yet heard of a case where they added in options that weren’t available at time of order.

Reaction score
Nope, sorry. Once they lock in the items that you’re getting, that’s what you get. Unless they cut out more. But I haven’t yet heard of a case where they added in options that weren’t available at time of order.
Ya was not expecting anything haha - I really wanted those reclining rear seats but that seems unlikely at this point.

JoeI21

Reaction score
any word from our insider information if the plant shut down will officially end tomorrow or get extended?

JoeI21

Reaction score
i was backed up from 9/26 to 10/05 as well. i wasn’t sure if the plant closure continues but that would obviously delay the build date even further

Redbovine

Reaction score
I ordered on 8-29. A 2500 Laramie diesel. I’m just hoping it gets here this year. Maybe a Christmas present. Dealer said 6-16 weeks. I figured 6 weeks was pushing it

Also I believe the rail strike has been averted.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I ordered on 8-29. A 2500 Laramie diesel. I’m just hoping it gets here this year. Maybe a Christmas present. Dealer said 6-16 weeks. I figured 6 weeks was pushing it

Also I believe the rail strike has been averted.
welcome to the ram 1500 forum
your truck is not built at the same plant as the 1500's
you are welcome to stay but you will get better responses going to the heavy duty forum here:

Kemcar

Reaction score
i was backed up from 9/26 to 10/05 as well. i wasn’t sure if the plant closure continues but that would obviously delay the build date even further
How do we find out if our date has changed?

Users who are viewing this thread