5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

ICE-G

Reaction score
Can’t locate the article, but It was an article about GM shut down over chip shortage and one shift outbreak of monkey pox, it mentioned FCA and chip shortages with references to overseas plants prior shutdown and mentioned Sterling Heights plant this month but was not specific. Probably since they skipped a June or July summer shutdown since they had chips. Guessing It’s still a supply issue but also it’s now time for maintenance and to make preparations for the next model year.

JoeI21

Reaction score
has anyone seen a shut down like this before? is the time frame usually accurate? i was about 2 weeks out from my build day 9/26 but i’m sure that will be postponed

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
has anyone seen a shut down like this before? is the time frame usually accurate? i was about 2 weeks out from my build day 9/26 but i’m sure that will be postponed
it happened several times in 2020 and 2021
since we do not know the reason yet it is a crap shoot as to why it is down this time
there are a couple of posters that post here who have friends that work there. maybe they will post what they know.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Trpile_B posted something about another FCA plant that is shutting down due to a part shortage. Someone else (maybe it was on the TRX forum) posted that there’s a strike at a casting plant that supplies SHAP.
It certainly appears to be an unexpected shutdown. When they close for retooling, it’s usually announced in advance.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same thing was posted about the Brampton plant in Canada which makes the Chargers/Challengers
It was noted there that it was due to a sensor shortage and currently no firm date on when they expected more from the supplier.

1662921683514.png

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As @bigdodge said, Build Sheets show up online the morning after the trucks go down the main assembly line so Monday morning always includes Friday, Saturday and Sunday production. So 700 build sheets is very low for a Monday indicating the plant was down over the weekend as expected. I will continue to monitor throughout the week, but I only expect to see lower than usual evening updates of the backlog of trucks that were already built just not shipped yet for the rest the week.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
it is being reported that the strike at the kokmo plant might be over
Stellantis confirms that the Company and UAW Local 1166, representing the workers at the Kokomo, Indiana, Casting Plant, have reached a proposed tentative agreement on a new local contract. As the tentative agreement still needs to be ratified by the workforce, we will not comment further.”

Kumba1010

Reaction score
it is being reported that the strike at the kokmo plant might be over
Stellantis confirms that the Company and UAW Local 1166, representing the workers at the Kokomo, Indiana, Casting Plant, have reached a proposed tentative agreement on a new local contract. As the tentative agreement still needs to be ratified by the workforce, we will not comment further.”
At least there is some progress...that's some good news

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
but now the railroads might be going on strike on friday sept 16, 2022
or be locked out

KurtLaf

Reaction score
I believe I saw someone on hear that can track a truck after it left the Plant. Can that person show u show to do that. I'm is supposed to be in Port Allen on Friday and I want to know if it's possible the truck is going to be held up if there is a railroad strike...so close but yet so far.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I believe I saw someone on hear that can track a truck after it left the Plant. Can that person show u show to do that. I'm is supposed to be in Port Allen on Friday and I want to know if it's possible the truck is going to be held up if there is a railroad strike...so close but yet so far.
as far as i have seen
Cassens Transport Co. 7500 17 Mile Rd Sterling Heights MI
is the only one that provides tracking and it is a hit or miss

Twil6

Reaction score
When I put my order in on 8/13 I didnt really thing about the 23's coming out. I honestly just truck take 3-6 months, so maybe mine will be done during holidays and the rebates might be better. I do think my truck will be ready before that now as I am sure they want to finish the 22's up. Hopefully some more rebates come out.

On a side note- do you think truck built at the end of the cycle have less issues than trucks built at the beginning of the cycle. I do feel like this 5th gens have been out for awhile now so besides UCONNECT 5 a lot of the issues have been resolved. I know I put 21K on my 21 in a year and it had no issues at all, even my 12" screen never went black in the entire year

Users who are viewing this thread