5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
I'm in a difficult spot on this. I ordered early enough to be locked in for the FCA affiliate discount and they also honored my original price rather than up charge me with Ram's increases. So I got the truck for an extremely good price. If I re-ordered I know I would be paying probably closer to an extra $20k for it at least.
Might be worth making a new thread, your issues might get lost in this thread with all the build sheet notifications etc.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
I have a thread started under rebel GT exhaust the part number for the Cat-Back is in that
I think I was in there earlier and it looks like the part number does match. The part number on my muffler is 68517364AA. Which I believe is correct. What else could be causing it to be so quiet?

t_henrickson

Reaction score
I can understand that, but this isn't an acceptable truck. There's clearly more than one or two issues. And this isn't the truck you ordered, were promised, and it's definitely not the truck you expected. If they're as honest as you say they are, they should be able to see it too. I'd be paranoid about getting stuck with a lemon.
They ran a software update on the truck this morning and it cleared all error codes and appears to be working correctly now. There's nothing physically wrong with the electronics as far as we know it seems to have just been software related. Even if that does in fact fix the vehicle there's still the issue of the exhaust.

rrutkf80

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll be in your report tomorrow.
Because today is supposed to be THE DAY my May 09 order is built. The factory rep told my dealer 7 January and I got the same date from Ram Cust Serv aboout 10 days ago. This isnt my first definite maybe date, I had one in Dec too.
I pissed and moned in a little rant on Ram 1500s Facebook page about a week ago and a Ram person resonded today and asked me to PM my details. Hoping for the best result.....

Last edited:

Devildawgusmc

Reaction score
Cool thanks. I'll be keeping an eye on your build!
Just updated my signature so you can check it out. Only thing I forgot was the decal delete to get rid of those off road group decals. Guess I’ll have to pull out the heat gun when it comes in.

wtez

Reaction score

Thank you so much for posting this. Sorry to ask but could you possibly just clarify how I should interpret this? Am I supposed to draw a straight line over from where I am on the black line on the left to the blue line on the right to get my expected delivery date?

Thank you again!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting this. Sorry to ask but could you possibly just clarify how I should interpret this? Am I supposed to draw a straight line over from where I am on the black line on the left to the blue line on the right to get my expected delivery date?

Thank you again!
Yes, that's correct. Obviously, it's just a guesstimate based on perfect-world conditions.

Camel_City

Reaction score
This is what is currently on my Rebel GT. It's the big round can muffler which looks just like the stock muffler of a non GT. The only weird part to me is that the part number matches what should be on the GT.

Does anyone else have this issue with their GT sounding exactly the same as a non GT? There's no sound change at all.
Looks exactly like mine. It's a very mild exhaust system and cold starts are the only time it actually sounds decent. You also get a little growl on aggressive acceleration, but any other time it's no different than stock in my opinion. I'll be installing a Magnaflow system on it here soon.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
Looks exactly like mine. It's a very mild exhaust system and cold starts are the only time it actually sounds decent. You also get a little growl on aggressive acceleration, but any other time it's no different than stock in my opinion. I'll be installing a Magnaflow system on it here soon.
Thank you for you input on this, I appreciate it. I am going to look at it again today. The wind chill in ND right now is in the -40s so I think that should do just fine for a cold start. We'll see what it really sounds like.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for you input on this, I appreciate it. I am going to look at it again today. The wind chill in ND right now is in the -40s so I think that should do just fine for a cold start. We'll see what it really sounds like.
Will they let you do some setup before you sign anything? Yesterday, my truck freaked out while we were linking our key fobs to our profiles. Screen went black and wouldn't turn on, no audio, etc. Had to do a reset and it was still a little glitchy for awhile after I set it up. With the issues yours had, I'd want a thorough test of it.

Maybe they'd let you do an "at home test drive" on your own vehicle before committing? I'd also float the idea of them at least partially paying for an extended warranty on everything. If you're financing, it's my opinion that they should cover a warranty for the length of your loan. Seems the least they could do.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Will they let you do some setup before you sign anything? Yesterday, my truck freaked out while we were linking our key fobs to our profiles. Screen went black and wouldn't turn on, no audio, etc. Had to do a reset and it was still a little glitchy for awhile after I set it up. With the issues yours had, I'd want a thorough test of it.

Maybe they'd let you do an "at home test drive" on your own vehicle before committing? I'd also float the idea of them at least partially paying for an extended warranty on everything. If you're financing, it's my opinion that they should cover a warranty for the length of your loan. Seems the least they could do.
Agreed

RAMKing1

Reaction score
Getting closer, Dealer just pulled a POC and I made it to F-Paint. Hopefully it moves quick from here. The videos of the RAM assembly line makes it look easy, should only take a few hours to paint and build it.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Hopefully I'll be in your report tomorrow.
Because today is supposed to be THE DAY my May 09 order is built. The factory rep told my dealer 7 January and I got the same date from Ram Cust Serv aboout 10 days ago. This isnt my first definite maybe date, I had one in Dec too.
I pissed and moned in a little rant on Ram 1500s Facebook page about a week ago and a Ram person resonded today and asked me to PM my details. Hoping for the best result.....
No build sheets on weekends, so I'd day Monday is your build sheet and windows sticker day hopefully, if your truck started assembly today. Check with your dealer, it should show its in framing or paint at this point if it's started.

Johnsonroda27

Reaction score
Dealer texted me that delivery was progressing. Asked him if he had an ETA and he said no but it’s moving from truck to truck. Any idea what that means? I’m about 300 miles from SHAP. Does that mean it’s going from semi trailer to different semi trailer?

Dealer texted me that delivery was progressing. Asked him if he had an ETA and he said no but it’s moving from truck to truck. Any idea what that means? I’m about 300 miles from SHAP. Does that mean it’s going from semi trailer to different semi trailer?
any movement on it ?

Camel_City

Reaction score

I too have had the black screen on several occasions, along with the front speakers popping and crackling when I open the door until I start it, and if I put the truck in tow/haul mode, it'll throw a code and go into limp mode when I apply the brakes (code U0402). Shut it down and re-start, limp mode is gone. Other than that, I'm loving the truck. I don't have a lot of miles on it, nor have I had a chance to get it into the dealer yet. When I do, hopefully it'll be something simple, but with my luck, probably not ...

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I too have had the black screen on several occasions, along with the front speakers popping and crackling when I open the door until I start it, and if I put the truck in tow/haul mode, it'll throw a code and go into limp mode when I apply the brakes (code U0402). Shut it down and re-start, limp mode is gone. Other than that, I'm loving the truck. I don't have a lot of miles on it, nor have I had a chance to get it into the dealer yet. When I do, hopefully it'll be something simple, but with my luck, probably not ...

I have 472 miles on mine and almost all of them were from the drive back from Louisiana. I really hope I don't start having more issues.

Users who are viewing this thread