5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
although for MD its 500 bucks and not a huge deal, for many people the affilliate discount can be as much as like 5 grand. People have budgets, and 5k can Substantially change what people are willing and able to shell out for. if you go in to the process Willing to part with 55k and you get there at the end and its now 60. thats not something that most people would be willing to accept, no matter if they could afford it or not. now could all the wild speculation of the discounts make it to another more appropriate thread, sure. but taking a dump on people over what many perceive to be possibly thousands in unanticipated cost aint it.

Like u said a discount thread is needed then…. But realistically 5k spread over five years is what an extra hundred a month?! Think about how gas prices and food prices have skyrocketed. If a hundred dollars a month is going to make or break the deal buying a truck isn’t for you. Because the way the economy is set up. Everything is going to continue to rise over the next couple years. A truck shouldn’t take priority over your overall financially stability. Not trying to be anyone’s dad but come on. Me personally I saw these trucks in 19 and said I will have one. Buckled down and saved out the ***. Let alone remodeled my entire house along with raising 3 kids under 8 yrs old. I choose to buy it when I knew it would be easily affordable for my budget. Yea I went 10 grand over it once I got to the dealership but hey it is what it is….. affiliation deals or not THAT ***** IS STILL COMING HOME!! Ps wife thinks it was 43k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22DTEco

Reaction score
Hello all. Long time lurker here. Thanks for having me. Eighty could please enter my info in your tracker. I have been following this forum since I placed my order. Here is my full vin, order date and trim level.

1C6SRFPM2NN122659

order date of 7/16

trim level max loaded limited
You missed a few options because I've got you by about 5k on the MSRP. 😳 Ordered a week before you and still languishing in D status.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I completely disagree. I'm paying cash and could have bought a TRX with my budget. I price shopped several states over to get the best deal possible and then joined Tread Lightly to net another $400 off the truck (make's my flight free).

monkeypunch

Reaction score
I completely disagree. I'm paying cash and could have bought a TRX with my budget. I price shopped several states over to get the best deal possible and then joined Tread Lightly to net another $400 off the truck (make's my flight free).
Same. Except I haven't decided whether to pay cash or not yet. If we can get a sub 2% interest rate, we will just finance half.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with @KWKSLVR here. Having a budget means not going over the budget, even if you can. That's literally the point of creating a budgeted item. If I set aside a particular amount of money for something, then I intend on spending no more than that amount, regardless of how badly I want it. That's how I live to fight another day. Without budgeting, and given that I like all the things, I'd be broke and without any of the things faster than a bottle of Pepto Bismal disappears at a Taco Bell.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same. Except I haven't decided whether to pay cash or not yet. If we can get a sub 2% interest rate, we will just finance half.
I hear ya, I just don't do debt other than this dadgum mortgage. We personally prefer the cashflow. It gives us more options on the fly to not have payments.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I hear ya, I just don't do debt other than this dadgum mortgage. We personally prefer the cashflow. It gives us more options on the fly to not have payments.
I'm generally the same, but with interest rates so low, it's hard not to leverage them. We could have paid cash for our house, but with an interest rate of 2.49%, why would we? Even in a down year (outside of massive downturns), a good index fund can get you 5%+, and you can expect an average return of at least 8% over any 7-year period.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We're low risk tolerant people. It's easier to weather the storms and not disrupt finances when stuff is paid for regardless of interest rates. It's served us well from the standpoint of comfort/stress.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
We're low risk tolerant people. It's easier to weather the storms and not disrupt finances when stuff is paid for regardless of interest rates. It's served us well from the standpoint of comfort/stress.
Can't argue with that. You can't put a price on peace-of-mind.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
That’s because that is the brochure that was released for 2021 model year, just like there was one for 2020MY, and so on. There will be one for the 2022MY, as this same thing happens year in and year out.

Yes, from uninformed dealers. What I posted is straight from stellantis, and has no ambiguity.
That was linked straight off the FCA affiliate site. It lists all the models that are currently available for discount. As you can see it was dated today on the second page. The same is echo'ed if you go to the page for available vehicles (Screenshot attached)
It fails to mention either way if MY22 is included or not on either your post of mine.

1633119602391.png

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That was linked straight off the FCA affiliate site. It lists all the models that are currently available for discount. As you can see it was dated today on the second page. The same is echo'ed if you go to the page for available vehicles (Screenshot attached)
It fails to mention either way if MY22 is included or not on either your post of mine.

View attachment 106907
Take a look at the list of eligible vehicles on the site you linked. Then take a look at the list of vehicles no longer eligible on the list I posted. Do you notice anything?

Camel_City

Reaction score
I know it's a little off topic, but I got pre-approved for 1.99% through my CU, and a rediculous offer on my 2019 Laramie trade-in, which is paid for. So I'll only be financing about $20k.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Take a look at the list of eligible vehicles on the site you linked. Then take a look at the list of vehicles no longer eligible on the list I posted. Do you notice anything?
That your is a grainy camera picture of an email and mine is a link directly from the FCA affiliate program listing all the vehicles that you can currently use it for?
Or that neither one directly mentions MY22 as available or not?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That your is a grainy camera picture of an email and mine is a link directly from the FCA affiliate program listing all the vehicles that you can currently use it for?
Or that neither one directly mentions MY22 as available or not?
I’m going to have to abandon this one. Never in my wildest dreams did I think something so cut and dry could cause such analysis paralysis.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Specifically says Ram 1500 DS and right under it says excludes Ram DT. DS is the classic 4th gen truck.
I agree, that is the list of vehicles you can use it for. Meaning you can use it for the 4th gen and not the 5th gens.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
I’m going to have to abandon this one. Never in my wildest dreams did I think something so cut and dry could cause such analysis paralysis.
You never proved a point. All the talk so far has only confirmed MY21 when all of us here are buying MY22.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You never proved a point. All the talk so far has only confirmed MY21 when all of us here are buying MY22.
Ohhh, alright- I’ll just come out and say it:
On the annual incentive updates list that went into effect today, there are no 2022MY vehicles listed that are not eligible for the mentioned programs.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And he said that the list for the MY22 hasnt been released yet, that there is a separate list that comes out for each MY. Kinda like the fact that the build and price still shows MY21 when you can't even order those anymore. Jimmy obviously works for Stellantis in some capacity or has dealer connections otherwise he wouldn't have access to the list he posted. As someone who has worked for FCA in the past I can confirm that is a legit document and they are terrible about updating websites with the latest info.

Users who are viewing this thread