5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie was totaled last month. I placed my order for my 2022 Laramie in Hydro Blue with the dealership on Tuesday Oct. 19th and got my von and vin Saturday Oct. 23rd. From what I've been reading that seems way too fast. Is it possible to get a von and vin 4 days after placing an order? When I placed the order Hydro Blue was available and when I looked it up yesterday It is no longer an option. My salesperson said it may be one of the last built in Hydro Blue. Also is that possible?
You should expect a VIN within a day or two of placing an order, provided that it's accepted by the factory. This doesn't mean you're in line for production yet - it just means you "have an order". Seeing your order move into D1 status (scheduled), then getting a build sheet (it's built) and a window sticker (it's released) are thing things you theoretically shouldn't expect very quickly.

Fthoodmp

Reaction score
I'm not saying I have any pull with Stellantis but literally 2 days after I wrote them an very long email asking why they aren't building older VIN numbered trucks like 100, 101, 102k Like my sons truck,(bigbags85), he got a build sheet! LMAO.

My uncle has worked for Chrysler for 20 years and transferred down to the Orlando plant when the one here in Indiana closed in Kokomo. He runs some department down there. it totally slipped my mind until just the other day I gave him all my info he says he knows people higher up on the chain. Hopefully they can tell me exactly what’s keeping my truck from building I explain to him about the vins over mine being built with the same color and similar load outs. he said he’ll get back to me🤷‍♂️ It’s worth a shot

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Well folks, I caved. Didn’t want to wait any longer, so I picked up a 2021 ram 1500 rebel. It’s two tone granite crystal.

After waiting for 4+ months I could not wait any longer. The sudden decision was due to a good off roading friend of mine picked up his 2022 ram this week at the same dealer I ordered. His vin was 144xxx….while my vin was 112xxx. It p!ssed me off that he only waited 2 months from order to delivery, and I don’t have a ANY eta on mine. Took my money and deposit, went to another dealer and picked up my rebel and paid almost invoice.

Thank you [mention]Eighty [/mention] [mention]triple_B [/mention] for the hard work…I will send you a pm later.

For those that are still waiting, my suggestion to you. It’s up to you if you want to just settle and find something else on the lot like it did. I would have loved to have the back country, but I am happy to settle with a rebel. Now I need to put my touches on it.

Please keep me in the tracker…I would love to see if my truck ever gets built because I told my dealer to cancel my order. You can put an asterisk next to my name if you like, and please let me know if the build sheet/sticker pops up. I will still be checking it on my end as well.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

If you got a good enough deal on it take delivery and sell it. You can even sell it to another dealer who will almost give you msrp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the report you posted has the order codes.
the build sheet published after the truck is finished on the assembly line has more detailed info. i understand it does not list order codes. but order codes only get you so far.
Hmmm…so, I take it you didn’t compare the build sheet that I posted to that VIN’s equipment listing…

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you got a good enough deal on it take delivery and sell it. You can even sell it to another dealer who will almost give you msrp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's crazy is the build date on the door jam. It says 9-21...lol.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my spouse 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Well folks, I caved. Didn’t want to wait any longer, so I picked up a 2021 ram 1500 rebel. It’s two tone granite crystal.

After waiting for 4+ months I could not wait any longer. The sudden decision was due to a good off roading friend of mine picked up his 2022 ram this week at the same dealer I ordered. His vin was 144xxx….while my vin was 112xxx. It p!ssed me off that he only waited 2 months from order to delivery, and I don’t have a ANY eta on mine. Took my money and deposit, went to another dealer and picked up my rebel and paid almost invoice.

Thank you [mention]Eighty [/mention] [mention]triple_B [/mention] for the hard work…I will send you a pm later.

For those that are still waiting, my suggestion to you. It’s up to you if you want to just settle and find something else on the lot like it did. I would have loved to have the back country, but I am happy to settle with a rebel. Now I need to put my touches on it.

Please keep me in the tracker…I would love to see if my truck ever gets built because I told my dealer to cancel my order. You can put an asterisk next to my name if you like, and please let me know if the build sheet/sticker pops up. I will still be checking it on my end as well.

6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I would contact ram and make sure it was cancelled and tell them why. Won't make a difference but it would be satisfying to me. Plus it may bump my backcountry build up one spot lol. I don't blame you for not waiting. I just can't settle when I'm spending 60,000 dollars

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I need to get an updated POC from my dealer to show more?
Ask for an expanded (detailed) POC. There is more detail that can be shown, your dealer just has to select that option when printing it out.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie was totaled last month. I placed my order for my 2022 Laramie in Hydro Blue with the dealership on Tuesday Oct. 19th and got my von and vin Saturday Oct. 23rd. From what I've been reading that seems way too fast. Is it possible to get a von and vin 4 days after placing an order? When I placed the order Hydro Blue was available and when I looked it up yesterday It is no longer an option. My salesperson said it may be one of the last built in Hydro Blue. Also is that possible?
I got my vin five days after I ordered mine.

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
My uncle has worked for Chrysler for 20 years and transferred down to the Orlando plant when the one here in Indiana closed in Kokomo. He runs some department down there. it totally slipped my mind until just the other day I gave him all my info he says he knows people higher up on the chain. Hopefully they can tell me exactly what’s keeping my truck from building I explain to him about the vins over mine being built with the same color and similar load outs. he said he’ll get back to me🤷‍♂️ It’s worth a shot
good luck!

truckless

Reaction score
I would contact ram and make sure it was cancelled and tell them why. Won't make a difference but it would be satisfying to me. Plus it may bump my backcountry build up one spot lol. I don't blame you for not waiting. I just can't settle when I'm spending 60,000 dollars

Like I tell them every time I order that if they put dealer decals on it, I ain't taking it since I didn't order it with them.

Users who are viewing this thread