5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standard Fuel Tank Size for Rebel

kjn86

Reaction score
I have the 5.7L w/etorque crew cab. I am finding conflicting info as to the fuel tank size. Sometimes it says 23 gallons, but more often it says 26 gallons. I am about to go all the way to the bottom with a fuel can in the truck to figure it out myself, but I would prefer not to have to do this. I think the etorque 5.7L gets 26 gallons standard.

On my last fill-up, I went all the way until the distance to empty said 40 miles, but I was only able to put in 17 gallons. Even with a 23-gallon tank, this estimate was way off (should be more like 90 miles left) and it's even farther off with a 26-gallon tank. I know some Ram/Dodge products are off in this regard and it's common.

Thanks.

RebelMike

Reaction score
My etorque 5.7 has a 23 gallon tank. It all depends on how the dealer ordered them. When I was looking, I saw a lot more 23's then 26's, and maybe 1 or 2 33's sitting on lots. My window sticker listed my tank size on my truck.

Just for reference, my DTE is off too. I usually have more in my tank than I think I should when I will up.

kjn86

Reaction score
My etorque 5.7 has a 23 gallon tank. It all depends on how the dealer ordered them. When I was looking, I saw a lot more 23's then 26's, and maybe 1 or 2 33's sitting on lots. My window sticker listed my tank size on my truck.

Just for reference, my DTE is off too. I usually have more in my tank than I think I should when I will up.

Thanks for the confirmation that not all eTorque are 26. My window sticker doesn't say anything about the fuel tank size. My build sheet says 23 gallons though. I thought maybe it was the standard size and the optional equipment would upgrade it, such as the 5.7L V8 eTorque. I think it's just 23.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have the 5.7L w/etorque crew cab. I am finding conflicting info as to the fuel tank size. Sometimes it says 23 gallons, but more often it says 26 gallons. I am about to go all the way to the bottom with a fuel can in the truck to figure it out myself, but I would prefer not to have to do this. I think the etorque 5.7L gets 26 gallons standard.

On my last fill-up, I went all the way until the distance to empty said 40 miles, but I was only able to put in 17 gallons. Even with a 23-gallon tank, this estimate was way off (should be more like 90 miles left) and it's even farther off with a 26-gallon tank. I know some Ram/Dodge products are off in this regard and it's common.

Thanks.
It should be listed in your window sticker if you still have it, along with all other options/upgrades (if you did not keep it, you can go to your Mopar account online and download it).

Cheers,

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Depends on trim level and cab size.

For example my Laramie with 5.7 and crew cab has 26 gallon as standard, but if you go "down" to a regular cab it's 23 gallon. The RAM build website shows this as well as my online build sheet for my VIN (mopar website).

Having said all that I'm noticing a discrepancy when I fill up my 26 gallon tank. I'm going to run it to "0 miles" and see how much gas it takes to fill up.

It should be listed in your window sticker if you still have it, along with all other options/upgrades (if you did not keep it, you can go to your Mopar account online and download it).

Cheers,

I looked at my window sticker it doesn't show any tank size on it.

QuasarZ

Reaction score
It won’t show on the window sticker unless it was upgraded. You need to go look at build sheet for the stock one. My 19 CC short box rebel is 23.

kjn86

Reaction score
What is confusing is what would justify the "upgrade" from 23 to 26? I have every option on the Rebel except for the air suspension and 33 gallon tank effectively. What would you have to do to get the 26? I am thinking maybe no one has 26 in the Rebel, only 23 or 33. That would make much more sense to me, but I have at least 3 official documents from Ram that say the Rebel has a 26-gallon tank standard. I confirmed it in multiple places before my actual fill-ups made me wonder.

th3duke

Reaction score
What is confusing is what would justify the "upgrade" from 23 to 26? I have every option on the Rebel except for the air suspension and 33 gallon tank effectively. What would you have to do to get the 26? I am thinking maybe no one has 26 in the Rebel, only 23 or 33. That would make much more sense to me, but I have at least 3 official documents from Ram that say the Rebel has a 26-gallon tank standard. I confirmed it in multiple places before my actual fill-ups made me wonder.

I upgraded my Rebel to the 33 option, and definitely appreciate the extended range when towing.
33_Gallon_Tank_option.JPG

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine doesn’t show anything on the sticker. I was under the impression it was a 26 gallon tank which is why I didn’t order the 33. Had I know it was less than that I would of upgraded. Why do they have three different tank sizes? I have been wondering the same thing in fill ups. My range sucks and I never can put more than 21 gallons in. I must have the 23 gallon tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66

kjn86

Reaction score
Window sticker with 26-gallon - Kinda hard to find, but its there. View attachment 8100 tank.

What is weird though is that mine is much like yours except I got a few more upgrades yet I didn't get the 26 gallon tank. On your sticker, it doesn't even have a price next to the 26 gal tank, which looks like it was just something you could have at no additional cost. And I also see I paid $2645 for the engine that you paid $1995 for, which bothers me slightly too on top of it!

Still wondering what is the reason some have the 26 gallon and it was at no additional cost and not tied to another upgrade. If two are identical except for this, what would the reason be?

th3duke

Reaction score
What is weird though is that mine is much like yours except I got a few more upgrades yet I didn't get the 26 gallon tank. On your sticker, it doesn't even have a price next to the 26 gal tank, which looks like it was just something you could have at no additional cost. And I also see I paid $2645 for the engine that you paid $1995 for, which bothers me slightly too on top of it!

Still wondering what is the reason some have the 26 gallon and it was at no additional cost and not tied to another upgrade. If two are identical except for this, what would the reason be?

Maybe they changed the gas tanks mid production as the Rebel appears to be the worse on fuel so far ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Mine doesn’t show anything on the sticker. I was under the impression it was a 26 gallon tank which is why I didn’t order the 33. Had I know it was less than that I would of upgraded. Why do they have three different tank sizes? I have been wondering the same thing in fill ups. My range sucks and I never can put more than 21 gallons in. I must have the 23 gallon tank.

Same here. What does your build sheet say online? My 5.7 Laramie Crew Cab shows the 26 gallon tank as standard. Build tool on RAM site says the same.

My build sheet: https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=1C6SRFJT7KN575039

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
I believe Etorque gets 23 gallon tank, non-Etorque gets 26 gallon tank.

For reference, my Laramie has a 23 gallon, and did not have an option for a 26 gallon. https://bit.ly/2C9Cayb

That stinks. Checked my Laramie(non-etorque) through your link and it's 26.

Is it a space issue? Etorq trucks can option for the 33 gallon tank?

Users who are viewing this thread