5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Standard Fuel Tank Size for Rebel

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had a choice of a 26 gallon Rebel locally vs. 33 gallon if they could find one. My truck came from Morehead city NC. right before the place got flooded.

kjn86

Reaction score
https://www.ramtrucks.com/build.ram...WBT,G7,XHC,DMH,Z6D,UAA,AHC,XR,PR4-QXJ,27W,APD

Quad cab 5.7 etorque, with or without tow group, is listed on the website as 23 gallons standard. Maybe early builds had 26, then they switched to 23?

Good call. I think the 26 was something the dealer could order somehow or it came with the eTorque early on as you said. I think they switched to 23 for eTorque and 26 for non as we already discussed earlier so they'd have similar ranges since the eTorque was supposed to get better MPG.

kjn86

Reaction score
FWIW, mine was purchased 4-weeks ago so maybe something changed with newer trucks.

Maybe they learned the lesson and gave the 26 gallon tank to newer builds. This is the problem with being an early adopter. You get it first but you don't get the benefit of the lessons learned.

ortvk

Reaction score
2019 no e-torque. Built in September. My build sheet says 26 gallon tank.

Slymaster

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Rebel E-Torque Crew Cab manufacturer sheet states 5 Additional gallons. I ran the truck until the computer displayed 40 miles until empty. Then I filled it up with exactly 27 gallons, which makes me think they took the 23 gallon added 5 = 28 Gallons which is not even an option.... the other side of this would be taking your average MPG your computer is displaying and dividing 13 (MPG) into 40 (until empty) that would make about 3 gallons left in the tank, 27 + 3 = 30, I doubt that i have the 33 gallon option but at this point I don't really know.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Rebel E-Torque Crew Cab manufacturer sheet states 5 Additional gallons. I ran the truck until the computer displayed 40 miles until empty. Then I filled it up with exactly 27 gallons, which makes me think they took the 23 gallon added 5 = 28 Gallons which is not even an option.... the other side of this would be taking your average MPG your computer is displaying and dividing 13 (MPG) into 40 (until empty) that would make about 3 gallons left in the tank, 27 + 3 = 30, I doubt that i have the 33 gallon option but at this point I don't really know.

That 5 additional gallons of fuel is what the put in it at the factory so they can drive it around to get any additions put on it, it doesn't add to the tanks capacity.

kjn86

Reaction score
Could you link your build sheet? You may have a unicorn, as the Ram website lists E-Torque Rebels coming with 23-gallon tanks

From what I recall some Canadien Rebel with eTorque had 26 gallons standard or as an option.

kjn86

Reaction score
I have never seen a Canadian Rebel with a ETorque, was never a option.

I find that hard to believe, but I am not certain. I remember there was something different about Canadian Rebels from a few months ago. Maybe it was this. I thought it was the default tank size.

JohnUSA

Reaction score
What is confusing is what would justify the "upgrade" from 23 to 26? I have every option on the Rebel except for the air suspension and 33 gallon tank effectively. What would you have to do to get the 26? I am thinking maybe no one has 26 in the Rebel, only 23 or 33. That would make much more sense to me, but I have at least 3 official documents from Ram that say the Rebel has a 26-gallon tank standard. I confirmed it in multiple places before my actual fill-ups made me wonder.
I have 26 gallon. It's listed on my build sheet I downloaded. Plus, my wife helped me get to near zero gallons, and I put over 23 gallons back in it.

kjn86

Reaction score
I have 26 gallon. It's listed on my build sheet I downloaded. Plus, my wife helped me get to near zero gallons, and I put over 23 gallons back in it.

We already confirmed a long time ago non-eTorque Rebels have 26 gallons.

harleyboy72

Reaction score
I have the 5.7L w/etorque crew cab. I am finding conflicting info as to the fuel tank size. Sometimes it says 23 gallons, but more often it says 26 gallons. I am about to go all the way to the bottom with a fuel can in the truck to figure it out myself, but I would prefer not to have to do this. I think the etorque 5.7L gets 26 gallons standard.

On my last fill-up, I went all the way until the distance to empty said 40 miles, but I was only able to put in 17 gallons. Even with a 23-gallon tank, this estimate was way off (should be more like 90 miles left) and it's even farther off with a 26-gallon tank. I know some Ram/Dodge products are off in this regard and it's common.

Thanks.

harleyboy72

Reaction score
Feb 9, 2019 was my first warning light and put in 18.9 and manual says warning at 1.5 left. I don't trust the auto mileage mostly go by gauge. If 23 gallon the light should not of gone on and for sure if 26 gallon. I think I will go to dealer and check and let them know light went on and how much was put in. Am also thinking of installing large tank being gas there is limited option for external tank option

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online