5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speed bump ram 1500 4x4

country4life

Reaction score
Hi just wondering what speed y’all do I usually go about 7mph on speed bumps is that to quick or will it damage my truck over time ? It’s a 2020 ram sport with no air suspension and no lift kit all stock

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don’t think you need to worry about it. I drive over 7-8 speed bumps every single day in and out of the parking lot at work while going 15-20 mph, sometimes faster if I’m in a hurry. 230,000 miles on my last two trucks and not one single suspension issue nor any wheels knocked out of balance. Guess if I ran 22” wheels with short sidewalls I might worry and be more careful. It’s a four wheel drive truck, it’s built to handle that. The suspension is pretty damn tough and built for off-road use.

Jake103

Reaction score
7mph over a speed bump!? You have to be crazy slow down there speed racer you're gonna destroy the truck! In all seriousness no. Many people hit speed bumps faster than that and they own cars or crossovers. These trucks are designed to take more than speed bumps, no different than uneven terrain you would find offroad or on a trail.

Users who are viewing this thread