5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker static

rob.horton

Reaction score
Static issue happened to me today first time 2021 Ram 12 inch UConnect w/ Alpine system... Found on another forum to push and hold the power and tune buttons on the media control for 15-20 seconds. This will reset the radio. I did it and static went away. Will have to have dealer check it out, but this is a quick fix for now

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
Maybe unrelated but I’m wondering if anyone else’s 12” Uconnect cuts out at certain volumes? Mine does and then I have to stop, turn the truck off and restart to get any audio at all. Can’t make phone calls (no audio) or have map prompts when it cuts out.

outlaw24

Reaction score
Static issue happened to me today first time 2021 Ram 12 inch UConnect w/ Alpine system... Found on another forum to push and hold the power and tune buttons on the media control for 15-20 seconds. This will reset the radio. I did it and static went away. Will have to have dealer check it out, but this is a quick fix for now
Hi, what do you mean by the "tune buttons"? Do you mean the software up/down buttons on the screen? I would like to try this but don't know how.
Thanks!

eljefeguero

Reaction score
Same problem, 2021 ram 1500, mfr date 3/21, dealers say they can't do anything, ugh, any suggestions on what to do!?!

Daninaus

Reaction score
I've had audio issues here in Australia also.
Sound dropping, sub not working, phone calls not disconnecting. Get in it the next time to drive and no issues.
This has been going on for a few months, told service about it on a routine. They looked into it and told me that it had an older amp in that is a known fault. Just been replaced today under warranty. The sound is now fantastic.
Hope the drop outs also now stop.

Daninaus

Reaction score
And FYI the audio hard reset is done by pushing and holding in the centre buttons on the left and right dials for approx 20 seconds.
You'll see it reboot

sdkeach

Reaction score
And FYI the audio hard reset is done by pushing and holding in the centre buttons on the left and right dials for approx 20 seconds.
You'll see it reboot
I have the "Static" problem...tried to do a reset as described...No reset happened. Held the buttons for 60 second....Negative result.

Users who are viewing this thread