5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker static

Xproushe

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m a new Ram owner. I have a 2 week old ‘21 Ram Laramie night edition. I have the HK Speakers, and in the two weeks I’ve had the truck, maybe 4-5 times the speakers have a ton of static, it almost sounds like they speakers are blown. But then the next time I get in, they will be fine.
I’ve tried every input source, and it doesn’t change anything , they will be all be static, even phone calls and navigation.
I know when I take it to the dealer it’s not going to be happening, so I’m sure I won’t get an answer.
Anyone experience this???

thank you!

gordpinard

Reaction score
I too am a new RAM owner (2021 Limited Night Edition with HK system). On three occasions (over 4 weeks of ownership) my system has develop the same static you experienced on all sources. I restarted the truck and there was no difference. The next day, the problem was gone. I can not duplicate it nor eliminate it when it occurs.

I called the dealership today and the service advisor said there have been some complaints about problems with the U-Connect system in the new vehicles but didnt have any specifics. He said there was a software upgraded pushed from Chrysler a few weeks ago that seemed to cause other problems and they are currently working on a fix . . . again, no specifics.

Given my problem is so intermittent, it doesnt make sense to schedule an appointment but the service advisor said to bring it in when I am experiencing the problem and they will check it out and log the complaint.

First Chrysler, first truck and so far I love it . . . when the stereo is working!

DarkRoast

Reaction score
I am new Ram owner (2021 Limited Night Edition with HK system) as well. I have had the vehicle for 2 weeks.
My son noticed static in the passenger dash speaker the day I brought the truck home.
The next day the static was gone. Yesterday I was on the road for a couple hours and I heard the static in both the driver and passenger dash speakers. I was just getting ready to take it in for service when I came across this post.
Other than some annoying static, I love the truck.

gordpinard

Reaction score
DarkRoast - Your experience is exactly the same as mine. Intermittent, generally the right dash speaker but it has also shown up in both.

If I get a recurrence I will take it in to the dealer to get some follow-up started.

van35

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you guys as well. Limited (night edition) with HK 19 speaker system. Most of the time everything sounds good, I would say 3 or 4 times now I have heard static in the passenger side front speaker. Typically will go away after turning the truck off and on again. Hope they get this resolved.

dunehiker

Reaction score
I've experienced this as well in my Rebel with the HK 19 system. Seemed like it was coming from the speaker(s) on the right; next time I was in the truck and had a passenger to help isolate it didn't happen.

Harley5704

Reaction score
I just bought a 21 ram 1500 Limited . Same issue. Intermittent speaker static constantly. Tried everything. Wen5 back to dealer and they said nothing was wrong after they checked it. Very frustrating !

46Indian

Reaction score
Hmmmm...
2 week old Night Edition Limited. HK 19 etc. exact same issue on a 400 mile trip today. Static in speaker somewhere to the right of the driver. Going to the local dealer to log my complaint so it can be formalized. Sounds like Chrysler is aware. I’ll let you know if I find out anything. Please do the same.

Great truck otherwise. In fact, awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46Indian

Reaction score
I just called Ram Customer Care, 1-866-726-4636. Very polite folks there. The issue is now formalized. They want me to take it to the dealer for diagnosis. Even if the static is not present at that time. (I’m not surprised at this request) So.... I guess I will. I have little hope the dealership will resolve the issue, however in an effort to help everyone with this issue I will do so. The more we stick together the more likely a solution will be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minhpcola

Reaction score
I just bought the 2021 Ram limited night edition 2 weeks ago. The 19 speakers HK is having stactic as well on the dash. Static happen while playing music on carplay, Bluetooth, and siriusxm radio. The truck is in the dealership now to get it checked out. And i called Ram Care. Hope they could fix the issue.

dunehiker

Reaction score
Has anybody that brought their truck to the dealer gotten any resolution? I'm hesitant to take it in if it's not doing it since they'll typically say they can't duplicate the problem, sorry.

DevinB

Reaction score
Exact same issue. Static comes mainly from passenger dash speaker but only upon certain start-ups. If I shut off and turn on the truck again, it often goes away. Changing source doesn’t remove the static. Truck type is in signature. Starting noticing issue after I opened and shut the hood. Initially thought it was a loose connection that was jarred when the hood was shut; now I think it’s an initialization software/hardware issue with the UConnect system.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My '21 Rebel did this the other day. First time it happened. I agree, it sounded like a blown speaker. I changed the source and it went away, so I thought it was the station I had on the radio. I haven't heard it since. I also have the HK 19 speaker setup.

athornhi

Reaction score
Same issue here...intermittent static with all audio inputs. Seems to be mostly from the right dash. Also seems to happen when the park assist alert starts beeping upon start up (we park very close to a wall so the truck sensors FREAK OUT). Details in sig. Hoping someone comes up with a solution!

gordpinard

Reaction score
When I left the house this morning I had the intermittent static issue - right front dash speaker. I called the dealer and made arrangements to bring it in immediately to look at it. My dealership has not seen this issue and was not aware of it.

They checked for a TSB and found one - TSB#08-077-21 that was issued on May 5th. The solution was to update the amp software from version VER68547711AA to VER 68547711AB.

I was at the dealership less than 30 minutes and the problem is gone. Given it has been an intermittent problem I will have to wait a couple weeks before I declare victory, but I am feeling positive that there was a TSB in place - fingers crossed.

46Indian

Reaction score
When I left the house this morning I had the intermittent static issue - right front dash speaker. I called the dealer and made arrangements to bring it in immediately to look at it. My dealership has not seen this issue and was not aware of it.

They checked for a TSB and found one - TSB#08-077-21 that was issued on May 5th. The solution was to update the amp software from version VER68547711AA to VER 68547711AB.

I was at the dealership less than 30 minutes and the problem is gone. Given it has been an intermittent problem I will have to wait a couple weeks before I declare victory, but I am feeling positive that there was a TSB in place - fingers crossed.
Thanks. I took mine in to the dealer. Since it is not a driveability issue, the earliest appointment is June 30th. They did appreciate the TSB information. Very helpful. Since it is an intermittent problem, and it won’t get fixed till June 30th, I guess I’ll know late July if it fixed it !!!

DevinB

Reaction score

Nice. This was the best-cast-scenario for a fix...just a software install. I assume this has to be done at the dealer? Are there any over-the-air updates pushed down through the UConnect system?

gordpinard

Reaction score
Nice. This was the best-cast-scenario for a fix...just a software install. I assume this has to be done at the dealer? Are there any over-the-air updates pushed down through the UConnect system?
I had it done at the dealership but dont know if it can be pushed - now that you have the TSB # and software version, you might want to call the dealership and see if they can push it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread