5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spacer for Mopar Lift

skol

Reaction score
I have a Mopar 2”Lift. Don’t like the rake. Got this part number from another member (68465804AA) Spacer, Front shock. Didn’t come up on the Mopar site. Called and they do have it but need to special order it. Was told it will provide an additional 2” to the Mopars 2” Lift. Was about $60 a piece. I know there were a few others here looking to reduce their rake. Hopefully this helps.

Ram Laramie 5.7 4x4 Non-ORP 3.21
2” Mopar Lift / Falken Wildfeak AT3 305/55/20 / American Outlaw 20x10 -19 / BakFlip Mx4 Tonneau Cover / Cermamic Tint

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^^. This is what’s going to be done with my truck as soon as the parts arrive. I wasn’t aware that it lifts the front an additional 2” though.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^. This is what’s going to be done with my truck as soon as the parts arrive. I wasn’t aware that it lifts the front an additional 2” though.
Yeah that's quite a bit. Can you guys take some measurements before and after so we can verify how much? I'd like to do this but might be limited on how much due to parking garage height.

Also... Almost looks like there are two spacers on the pic Jake posted. If that's the case, could maybe do just one.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’ll have them do before and after as I’m also concerned with adding 2” extra to my front.

skol

Reaction score
Since I’m getting the additional 2” with the spacer along with my 2” Mopar Lift, what UCA’s would you guys recommend or do I need new ones. The Mopar Lift I got came with new UCA’s. Not sure if that would be too much though for an additional 2 more inches

2” Mopar Lift / Falken Wildfeak AT3 305/55/20 / American Outlaw 20x10 -19 / BakFlip Mx4 Tonneau Cover / Cermamic Tint

PorBoy

Reaction score
As soon as the parts for the TSB are in, I’ll grill them about how exactly 2” more is going to work. In my eyes and yes they are 54 years old my front looks off 1”. Now I have yet to be on a leveled surface to be able to check front and rear measurements. I’m hopeful to do that tomorrow in the parking lot of my accountant’s office.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As soon as the parts for the TSB are in, I’ll grill them about how exactly 2” more is going to work. In my eyes and yes they are 54 years old my front looks off 1”. Now I have yet to be on a leveled surface to be able to check front and rear measurements. I’m hopeful to do that tomorrow in the parking lot of my accountant’s office.

Measure from the center of your hub to the top of the wheel well. That will tell you the difference.

Lawfin

Reaction score
I have the Mopar lift on my Big Horn. I have had warranty work approved for the shock spacer mentioned above - so the parts/labor are covered at no cost to me. I have also ordered a set of ORP springs ($120/pair), and there will be no labor charge for spring replacement. My parts are about 10 days out.

I read on another post that the spacer mentioned above provides .5” to .75” of lift. The ORP springs should provide another 1”. Hopefully someone else will report how much front end lift the spacers provide before my parts are installed. If it’s 2”, I will skip the springs. I have to say that I am doubting the 2” theory based on my measurements and the fact that the Mopar lift is supposed to be just that - a 2” lift front to back, and not a level, and based on the fact that these trucks come stock with a 1.5”-1.75” rake. My truck measurements are currently as stated below. I measured in various places, because it’s hard for me to determine what area of the truck needs to look level.

WHEEL WELL (top of tire to well)
F 6 3/4
R 9 3/4

BOTTOM OF TRUCK (behind wheel well for front wheel, in front of wheel well for rear)
F 16
R 18

TOP OF BED
F 56
R 58.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skol

Reaction score
I have the Mopar lift on my Big Horn. I have had warranty work approved for the shock spacer mentioned above - so the parts/labor are covered at no cost to me. I have also ordered a set of ORP springs ($120/pair), and there will be no labor charge for spring replacement. My parts are about 10 days out.

I read on another post that the spacer mentioned above provides .5” to .75” of lift. The ORP springs should provide another 1”. Hopefully someone else will report how much front end lift the spacers provide before my parts are installed. If it’s 2”, I will skip the springs. I have to say that I am doubting the 2” theory based on my measurements and the fact that the Mopar lift is supposed to be just that - a 2” lift front to back, and not a level, and based on the fact that these trucks come stock with a 1.5”-1.75” rake. My truck measurements are currently as stated below. I measured in various places, because it’s hard for me to determine what area of the truck needs to look level.

WHEEL WELL (top of tire to well)
F 6 3/4
R 9 3/4

BOTTOM OF TRUCK (behind wheel well for front wheel, in front of wheel well for rear)
F 16
R 18

TOP OF BED
F 56
R 58.5

Are you going to change your UCA’s? I’m debating it myself. If the spacer is in fact 2” and the Mopar Lift is 2”, I’m sure new UCA’s would be necessary. I’m just not sure which ones I would need to cover the total of 4”

Lawfin

Reaction score
Are you going to change your UCA’s? I’m debating it myself. If the spacer is in fact 2” and the Mopar Lift is 2”, I’m sure new UCA’s would be necessary. I’m just not sure which ones I would need to cover the total of 4”

I’m going to wait and see. I have been unable to obtain any real solid info on the UCAs. I suspect they will work fine with just the spacer since adding the spacer is Mopar’s own fix. If adding the spring screws up the UCA angle, I will either forego the spring, or add the Ready Lift UCA soon after.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called in today to my dealership. They called Mopar and apparently it's not available yet.

I'll wait and see what others find out.

jwiley386

Reaction score
I believe it only adds an additional 1" in the front. The 2nd ring you are seeing in the original ring that came with the older lifts (# 77072424)

skol

Reaction score
I called in today to my dealership. They called Mopar and apparently it's not available yet.

I'll wait and see what others find out.

Are you referring to the spacer? If so it is available through Mopar. Apparently it doesn’t show up when we search for it but it you give them the part number they can order it.
PN 68465604AA

Lawfin

Reaction score
I agree with Skol. The dealership near me has ordered mine.

I purchased my truck out of state because I could not find the model/color I was looking for in state. When I came back to my home state to find a dealership to install my original Mopar lift, I found out quickly that shopping around was necessary. Some dealerships simply were not helpful and had poor customer service. I fortunately found a dealership near me that is super helpful and knowledgeable, and took the time to figure it out. Point being, you may need to shop around. Good luck.

skol

Reaction score
I got the spacer PN68465604AA to add to the front of the Mopar lift. It’s definitely not as big as the parts guy said. It’s just over 1/2”. Im getting them put on tomorrow along with the ORP Springs. Hopefully the rake will be less noticeable.
0034d890ed77dbc47de3b78924835a72.jpg
912bd76b3310010fd39840df23ddbefb.jpg

Lawfin

Reaction score
I got the spacer PN68465604AA to add to the front of the Mopar lift. It’s definitely not as big as the parts guy said. It’s just over 1/2”. Im getting them put on tomorrow along with the ORP Springs. Hopefully the rake will be less noticeable.
0034d890ed77dbc47de3b78924835a72.jpg
912bd76b3310010fd39840df23ddbefb.jpg

Thanks Skol. As you know, I plan the exact install to my truck as soon as my parts come in (ordered last week). Can you please do me a favor and measure your front clearance before and after the install? I would really like to know the total lift gained with the install of both the ORP springs and the Fox spacer. Thanks!!

skol

Reaction score
Thanks Skol. As you know, I plan the exact install to my truck as soon as my parts come in (ordered last week). Can you please do me a favor and measure your front clearance before and after the install? I would really like to know the total lift gained with the install of both the ORP springs and the Fox spacer. Thanks!!

No problem. Right now from top center wheel to liner it’s:
Front- 6 1/2”
Rear- 9 1/4”

Users who are viewing this thread