5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software Update Suggestions to RAM

macallien

Reaction score
ALL of these are all good ideas!
At least make them options that you can configure how you please.

Another thought would be to enable auto entry and exit mode (on air suspension) when the truck is placed in park.
That would be a great option

hmskyles

Reaction score
Auto HVAC: I would like for the heater to wait till the truck is up to temp before it turns the fan up to turbo when I start the truck and its 5 degrees outside, my 15 Laramie would wait till the truck was warm before ramping the blower up...not this thing, it attempts to freeze my forehead every morning that I have forgotten the "auto" button is pushed

Neokane

Reaction score
Auto HVAC: I would like for the heater to wait till the truck is up to temp before it turns the fan up to turbo when I start the truck and its 5 degrees outside, my 15 Laramie would wait till the truck was warm before ramping the blower up...not this thing, it attempts to freeze my forehead every morning that I have forgotten the "auto" button is pushed
That's odd.. my rebel 12 doesnt do that. I presume mine blows on floor and defrost on auto. Never on full blast.
I am curious how the logic works on it. Like how/does outside temp influence mode and speed. Etc.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's odd.. my rebel 12 doesnt do that. I presume mine blows on floor and defrost on auto. Never on full blast.
I am curious how the logic works on it. Like how/does outside temp influence mode and speed. Etc.

Typically, when in AUTO mode, the climate controls monitor outside temp, inside temp and engine temp and the fan gradually increases in speed once certain conditions have been met so in the cold months air doesn't forcefully blow until the engine coolant is hot enough to provide hot air.

Neokane

Reaction score
One huge thing...

Be able to use voice to text to send a text message... Not pre-canned texts, but actually say a message.

Laramie81

Reaction score
One huge thing...

Be able to use voice to text to send a text message... Not pre-canned texts, but actually say a message.
If you have an iPhone it is very easy to do this using Siri without plugging in your phone. Just hold down the voice command button.

klail

Reaction score
When using the NAV card on the 12” screen, default to the map and not to favorites. I don’t need navigation to any of my favorites. I already know how to get there.

Rich

Reaction score
Typically, when in AUTO mode, the climate controls monitor outside temp, inside temp and engine temp and the fan gradually increases in speed once certain conditions have been met so in the cold months air doesn't forcefully blow until the engine coolant is hot enough to provide hot air.

Ha! Not on my Bighorn! When I remote start the truck when in Auto, it blows stone cold air at high speed. If it's below freezing out, it blows that cold air on the windshield (as it should in defrost mode), but before the engine temp starts to even get warm, it diverts the defrost windshield air to the heat mode (down to your feet), still blowing stone cold air!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
When using the NAV card on the 12” screen, default to the map and not to favorites. I don’t need navigation to any of my favorites. I already know how to get there.

How do you default to the MAP versus Favorites? This has been pissing me off but haven't had time tor search it. Thanks!

Neokane

Reaction score
Android here. If you have android auto, it locks out your phone basically.
Also, I mean hands free. Push the tall button on the steering wheel. Not grab your phone and hit a button.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Android here. If you have android auto, it locks out your phone basically.
Also, I mean hands free. Push the tall button on the steering wheel. Not grab your phone and hit a button.

While Android Auto is running, tap the steering wheel talk button to interact with UConnect. Hold it two seconds or so to interact with Android. That will allow you to text, nav, etc by voice.

Neokane

Reaction score
While Android Auto is running, tap the steering wheel talk button to interact with UConnect. Hold it two seconds or so to interact with Android. That will allow you to text, nav, etc by voice.
I'll try that!

Newbrunny

Reaction score
Thanks Riccnickfor checking. I thought I saw this when I did a test drive and is definitely in one of the brochures. Not really a big deal but is odd that we can’t add the built in Nav to the lower pane when Varplay is enabled.

Just tried now on lunch, I am not able to do it, not sure why I thought I've done it before...

silverbullet

Reaction score
Ha! Not on my Bighorn! When I remote start the truck when in Auto, it blows stone cold air at high speed. If it's below freezing out, it blows that cold air on the windshield (as it should in defrost mode), but before the engine temp starts to even get warm, it diverts the defrost windshield air to the heat mode (down to your feet), still blowing stone cold air!
Love to know how long FCA is going to sit on their asses about this HVAC programming...I've had my truck for a year come Memorial Day and still get freezing air blowing on me when I start up if it's in 'auto'....You'd think right after the 'does it start' testing they would have checking the HVAC programming or just plugged in the logic from the past 20 years of past vehicles....Just a sad whiff on FCA's part.

Users who are viewing this thread