5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So this happened to me after one week of ownership.

Runagun

Reaction score
E

Exactly what I have. 2 on each wheel actually.
If someone wants your shyt they're going to take it no matter. Sadly, Don't ever fool oneself by sense of security. While having two is better then one. Why stop at 2?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
soooo...again, why pay for insurance?.... the odds that a scumbag like that even SHOWS up to a civil proceeding is laughable, almost as laughable as thinking that if he did he is going to actually pay you some settlement..please...
becuase the law says you have to have predatory priced coverage or else be rich enough to self insure and bond yourself and risk it.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They'd work, you would just use a small one and slam it into the center shaft and crush that sleeve.

I don't think you guys understand these electric impacts can do 300+ lbs of torque and 80,000 impacts a second and they are nowhere near as loud as a air impact. With the right socket and a hammer you can wrench anything off with them. especially if you don't care too much about damage.

I have two, they aren't as loud as my air impact but they aren't cordless drill quiet, it's still an impact gun; mines loud

BowDown

Reaction score
Sigh.
You seem to be missing the point.
It is not to "just let insurance pay for it": It's to make that scumbag have to pay back (if he ever has a job) what he's done. Garnish his wages. Put a lien on his house. Make his family, immediate and extended, feel the pressure as payment processors call them.

I had a vehicle stolen. The scum were caught on camera, fingerprints, known juvenile delinquents now adults. They totalled my vehicle. The police and prosecution said it's a victimless crime: I have insurance. Eff that. Eff them. Eff that system.

Find them and eff them right back.

Did you work for what you have? Should someone be able to take from you and "the system" pays you back?

What about deductible?

What about justice?

Sue the effers.

Many times tge courts will make the convicted person pay restitution to the victim though probation fees, so you're "getting" them. I'd file on insurance, there's no guarantee you get anything from suing.

bucolic

Reaction score
I've always said all locks do are keep honest people honest. I do see where the Advanced wheel locks may slow them down enough where they would move onto an easier target. They probably had those rims off that truck and gone in 60 seconds! I doubt they would have messed around trying to get those locks off in that parking garage and moved onto an easier target.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If there’s a will there’s a way but if you ask me it’s cheap insurance to run quality wheel locks. Thief’s are typically looking for an easy payday, if it takes to much effort they tend to move on especially you can just hope to defer/delay them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
They'd work, you would just use a small one and slam it into the center shaft and crush that sleeve.

I don't think you guys understand these electric impacts can do 300+ lbs of torque and 80,000 impacts a second and they are nowhere near as loud as a air impact. With the right socket and a hammer you can wrench anything off with them. especially if you don't care too much about damage.
So as much as people have doubted I still am yet to see a video of one working on this type of lock. I just don’t think it will work. It especially won’t work without setting off my alarm which is my part 2 backup plan

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
If someone wants your shyt they're going to take it no matter. Sadly, Don't ever fool oneself by sense of security. While having two is better then one. Why stop at 2?
Because of cost lol. If they get past 2 of them and the alarm then they can have them.

Marinevb1986

Reaction score
View attachment 86061 View attachment 86066 View attachment 86062 View attachment 86063 View attachment 86064 View attachment 86065

One week after purchasing the Laramie, I walk out to our 4th floor parking deck to head to the driving range and to my complete surprise, some low life idiot got me for all four of my wheels. And before you ask, no, the truck did not come with wheel locks as that was something I was going to purchase, but after a week I had not got around to it and to be honest, parking in a secure garage on the 4th level, it never crossed my mind a criminal would go through all that to get to this. I was wrong!

Good thing is the police caught the suspect, bad new is they didn’t recover my wheels.

New OEM wheels are on order with a set of Continental Terrain Contact A/T’s. Will be installing either Bilstein leveling struts up front, or the Mopar 2” lift.

PS, they didn’t touch my Alfa sitting right next to it or my wife’s all too sexy 2013 Nissan Rogue.

Hard lesson to learn, put locks on your wheels ASAP!

* Mod, if I’m in the wrong forum, please feel free to move. Thanks and sorry
Where are you located? I’ve got a set of those wheels for sale

• Haha
Reactions: c3k

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sigh.
It is not to "just let insurance pay for it": It's to make that scumbag have to pay back (if he ever has a job) what he's done. Garnish his wages. Put a lien on his house. Make his family, immediate and extended, feel the pressure as payment processors call them.

I had a vehicle stolen. The scum were caught on camera, fingerprints, known juvenile delinquents now adults. They totalled my vehicle. The police and prosecution said it's a victimless crime: I have insurance. Eff that. Eff them. Eff that system.

Find them and eff them right back.

Did you work for what you have? Should someone be able to take from you and "the system" pays you back?

What about deductible?

What about justice?

Sue the effers.
look man, I'm not trying to turn this into a beef, all I'm saying is, most people have "comprehensive", on a nice truck, this covers vandalism, which is what the ins co considers it. If you are paying a premium every month to your insurance company, to protect you from this loss, why the heck wouldn't you use what you've paid for? yes, you can ALSO sue the perp as well, but that most likely is a waste of time, why? usually someone who is steeling wheels off veh's doesn't have a job, house, or assets to garnish, and what could happen is YOU become a target of him now. It's a minor bump in life's road, let your insurance smooth it out....peace

Jako

Reaction score
look man, I'm not trying to turn this into a beef, all I'm saying is, most people have "comprehensive", on a nice truck, this covers vandalism, which is what the ins co considers it. If you are paying a premium every month to your insurance company, to protect you from this loss, why the heck wouldn't you use what you've paid for? yes, you can ALSO sue the perp as well, but that most likely is a waste of time, why? usually someone who is steeling wheels off veh's doesn't have a job, house, or assets to garnish, and what could happen is YOU become a target of him now. It's a minor bump in life's road, let your insurance smooth it out....peace
Dealing with low lifes is tough, emotions need to be kept in check. Every minute "thinking" about "them" is a minute off your life.
Neighbors can also be a problem.

Has a much bigger impact.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
If somebody snatched mine I'd almost be glad to get rid of the 22's and then replace them with 20's for more sidewall. I tried to get the dealer to switch the 22's to 20's when I bought in 4/19' but he wouldn't. I just didn't see $1,695 in value for them... :unsure:

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
Sigh.

People who are stealing car rims for a living probably dont have wages to garnish. They probably dont own a home to put a lien against either. I know its frustrating but its the world we live in. My mom's vehicle got plowed into in a parking lot from some dude cutting through the lot to get to another road (luckily she was inside the store). Dude didnt have insurance. Guess who's insurance paid for it and then increased the rates?

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
If somebody snatched mine I'd almost be glad to get rid of the 22's and then replace them with 20's for more sidewall. I tried to get the dealer to switch the 22's to 20's when I bought in 4/19' but he wouldn't. I just didn't see $1,695 in value for them... :unsure:
My dealer tried blinding me with a wheel upgrade using a different package on my order slip. I was like no way. Small rims equal small tires equal small cost :D

Users who are viewing this thread