5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So this happened to me after one week of ownership.

fastlanez

Reaction score
if you put in an insurance claim..make sure the appraiser checks the underside of the rocker panels for dents from the truck sitting on those blocks. Will need body work possibly. Sorry to see this.
Thanks, i am taking it in for an inspection once the wheels and tires arrive.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't pass the bill onto your insurance (and yourself and other underwriters). Instead, sue the perp. Take him to civil court and perform asset seizure. Anything he ever gets...becomes yours.

Give him something to remember.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more. Liberal do-nothing mayor Turner and city council are worthless and crime at a an all time high.
These idiots are more worried about having trans bathrooms in public buildings instead of allocating more money for LE agencies to fight crime. Sheesh....

To the OP. This stinks man. Good opportunity to get nicer wheels (and locks).

Cheers,
I have to agree with you, bathrooms were a big priority in my civil service job and somewhat of a head ache and other body parts.

Because safe and equal bathroom access is a fundamental human right, as well as the law of the land in New York City, the NYC Commission on Human Rights has launched the nation's first government-led citywide ad campaign affirming every New Yorkers' right to use the bathroom consistent with their gender identity, regardless of their gender assigned at birth. It has been illegal in New York City to discriminate against an individual on the basis of gender identity or expression, including denying access to bathrooms, since 2002.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That would make me extremely upset. Sorry dude. Glad I don't live in the city. Try a dashcam, to make finding the crims faster in the future.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
View attachment 86061 View attachment 86066 View attachment 86062 View attachment 86063 View attachment 86064 View attachment 86065

One week after purchasing the Laramie, I walk out to our 4th floor parking deck to head to the driving range and to my complete surprise, some low life idiot got me for all four of my wheels. And before you ask, no, the truck did not come with wheel locks as that was something I was going to purchase, but after a week I had not got around to it and to be honest, parking in a secure garage on the 4th level, it never crossed my mind a criminal would go through all that to get to this. I was wrong!

Good thing is the police caught the suspect, bad new is they didn’t recover my wheels.

New OEM wheels are on order with a set of Continental Terrain Contact A/T’s. Will be installing either Bilstein leveling struts up front, or the Mopar 2” lift.

PS, they didn’t touch my Alfa sitting right next to it or my wife’s all too sexy 2013 Nissan Rogue.

Hard lesson to learn, put locks on your wheels ASAP!

* Mod, if I’m in the wrong forum, please feel free to move. Thanks and sorry
Must be in Atlanta.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
People tend to think they don’t steal factory rims anymore and they absolutely do. Quick easy money and since they are mass produced it’s hard to find them once they are stolen. I have advanced wheel locks, and my aftermarket alarm with shock and tilt sensor with my train horn tied into it. If they beat all of that without me knowing then good job.

Jako

Reaction score
People tend to think they don’t steal factory rims anymore and they absolutely do. Quick easy money and since they are mass produced it’s hard to find them once they are stolen. I have advanced wheel locks, and my aftermarket alarm with shock and tilt sensor with my train horn tied into it. If they beat all of that without me knowing then good job.
They won't make quick and easy money if they steal the OEM Bighorn wheels, over saturated market. Well maybe they could sell the tires. And the damn wheels weigh almost 75 lbs. a piece and are about 32" high. Wondering if his theft was a special order for the 22s.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't pass the bill onto your insurance (and yourself and other underwriters). Instead, sue the perp. Take him to civil court and perform asset seizure. Anything he ever gets...becomes yours.

Give him something to remember.
sorry, but that's insane. You PAY every month for insurance, and then you tell him not to use it? there is a deductible on a Comp claim, but no points, no faults, no surcharges. A full set of tires and wheels is crazy money too. Don't forget, you need 16 lug nuts, 4 TPMS sensors, on top of 4 wheels & tires. I've written a few of these claims in my day and they range from $2000 for average cars, to $4-$5K for trucks and sports cars. Taking him to court instead costs you a days pay, and guarantees you nothing in return.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
sorry, but that's insane. You PAY every month for insurance, and then you tell him not to use it? there is a deductible on a Comp claim, but no points, no faults, no surcharges. A full set of tires and wheels is crazy money too. Don't forget, you need 16 lug nuts, 4 TPMS sensors, on top of 4 wheels & tires. I've written a few of these claims in my day and they range from $2000 for average cars, to $4-$5K for trucks and sports cars. Taking him to court instead costs you a days pay, and guarantees you nothing in return.
What are you driving Marine, a Civic? Last time I checked there were 24 lug nuts on my Ram. ;)

Otherwise I couldn't agree more with this.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sure, insurance is there. But so is civil court. The OP was robbed. The thief was arrested. Sue his ***.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A set of these an electric impact gun and any wheel lock is gone in seconds.

1616169079469.png

BowDown

Reaction score
A set of these an electric impact gun and any wheel lock is gone in seconds.

View attachment 86231

Not true, that won't work on Advanced Wheel Locks or Gorilla Guards (what I have)

GorillaCatalog2016_Page_36.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread