5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So how many of you have renewed Uconnect?

Renew or let it lapse

• Total voters

Glamdring

Reaction score
I'd consider it if I could ever get any of it to consistently work. Or get someone to explain to me why XM, Uconnect, and Guardian are 3 different ecosystems.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'd consider it if I could ever get any of it to consistently work. Or get someone to explain to me why XM, Uconnect, and Guardian are 3 different ecosystems.
Amen. It's the most convoluted thing ever. Very confusing.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That’s what bugs me too. Why not just one simple bundle that is priced right and actually works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter1234

Reaction score
I had it on my 2016 and did not renew, the 2020 will have the free trial but I agree the cost is too high for what you get and apparently not even the health report anymore. So less for more I guess. I use AAA and their app for an emergency, do not need the locate and the remote start is nice but I find I can click the remote from my office and the truck will start most times. About the only time I used the phone app was to remote start from the airport terminal when the temp was below zero - about one a month. I did find out the hard way that you can only remote start once, thought it would be nice to remote start a few times when traveling and the truck was in the airport ramp during a week of negative 10 or greater below zero weather, it apparent started the first time and four days later when I got back, it would not remote start until I manually started it - lesson learned, cold ride after coming from the tropics and I should have read the instructions better.:eek:

Stevenc150

Reaction score
I renewed mine. I consider it a quality of life thing when I use the app (sometimes alexa) at least twice a day to start truck ahead of getting in on a hot/cold day. Yes ima lazy bastard. Also use send'n go for waypoints/ directions when traveling (accompanied by maps)

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never worked quick enough to make a difference.. even when I was two - three parking lots away I could walk to the truck in the same amount of time it took to actually connect and start the truck. Add those issues with the insane price for something that other manufacturers offer for 'free' and I let it expire last month.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Never worked quick enough to make a difference.. even when I was two - three parking lots away I could walk to the truck in the same amount of time it took to actually connect and start the truck. Add those issues with the insane price for something that other manufacturers offer for 'free' and I let it expire last month.
Yep. ^This^

Stevenc150

Reaction score
... the insane price for something that other manufacturers offer for 'free' and I let it expire last month.
Not true, its the exact opposite. Very few (Ford only recently) offer the uconnect type services for free.

And Im not trying to sway anyone one way or another but sounds like u just need to start it with the app earlier. I'll start mine 3mins or so before end of shift and plop down in complete comfort incl. the vented (or heated) seats going. Yes my mpg suffers but that's not why I bought a 400hp hemi for anyways

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What does everyone mean by renewing Uconnect? do you mean the remote lock/unlock, or the sirius weather ....
Wait...That's a real thing???? And they charge for it????!? Wtf...
Hell no don't renew that....waste of time and money! lol. Unless you lost your key FOB or something :oops:

dandar

Reaction score
Wait...That's a real thing???? And they charge for it????!? Wtf...
Hell no don't renew that....waste of time and money! lol. Unless you lost your key FOB or something :oops:

You still need your keyfob once you remote start it or you won't be able to put it in drive.

69Sting

Reaction score
i renewed when my free year was up. Only renewed to have the remote start via smart phone feature. Never worked correctly via my iphone but 90% of the time from my phone it worked. I mainly used the feature to remote start my truck while I was shutting down my PC at work. Had the 2-5min of time for it to do its thing. Now that I am working from home, i will not renew it as for the monthly price it isn't worth having as a feature. Our Acadia has the same feature at no charge. Originally Onstar wanted a fee then after not having the service for a few years they gave us 3yrs for free.

If the remote start via phone option was $50 a year. i would do it just for no reason but cuz. I also got annoyed with how often i had to relog into the app. I understand the security behind it but even tied to my iphone finger print, i would still need to log back in every 10-14 days.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
Mine lapsed a few days ago and no plans to renew at that price.

tm757

Reaction score
I just used it this weekend. Accidentally locked my keys and phone in the bed when I shut the tailgate. I forgot that it locks automatically. We were driving on the beach at Hatteras. Luckily, I was able to borrow a phone from the nice people parked next to us. It took a while but I got it unlocked with that phone. It would have cost quite a bit to get someone on the beach to unlock my truck. I will probably renew when it comes time.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not true, its the exact opposite. Very few (Ford only recently) offer the uconnect type services for free.

And Im not trying to sway anyone one way or another but sounds like u just need to start it with the app earlier. I'll start mine 3mins or so before end of shift and plop down in complete comfort incl. the vented (or heated) seats going. Yes my mpg suffers but that's not why I bought a 400hp hemi for anyways

My 2017 F150, built in 2016.. so 4yrs old had a much better app, with way more features, that was 'free' for life.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I would have used it a lot more than I did. I maybe used it once a month just because I could. I didn't renew the Guardian as it wasn't worth $13/month for me. For someone maybe so.

It would have been a nice thing to have (and I would have paid for) in my younger years in the Navy. It was a 10-15 minute walk to my truck back then and having XM Guardian to start my truck when I left the ship so it would be warm by the time I got to it in the freezing cold of winter would have been nice. Now I have a house where I park in my driveway and I work in a building that I park near my office window. I can start my truck using my fob (with remote start) from inside both of those places so I don't have much use for XM Guardian outside of a novelty for fun.

This is my first time with satellite radio and thought it was going to be something I'd have for a year and cancel. I actually like it and renewed it as a Select package. $72 for a year is worth it for me (although the customer service/admin side of SiriusXM is horrendous).

Users who are viewing this thread