5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So how many of you have renewed Uconnect?

Renew or let it lapse

• Total voters

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife has been looking at new Toyotas and they only come with a 3-month free trial of SiriusXM radio and nothing else.

SWI_Don

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not sure why most of us are complaining because it was a choice we made the purchase the vehicle. That being said, I do agree that given the cost most of us paid for our vehicle, heck even if it was a $20,000 vehicle, those are things that should not be nickel-and-dimed. That being said, the Wi-Fi, if your manufacturer doesn't go through AT&T like FCA, for instance Ford, Lexus, Lincoln or Toyota, go through Verizon which is like 70 bucks a month & I'm paying $20/month for unlimited. That is not bad at all to me but I remember when I kept looking for a truck that had the Wi-Fi, I had a lot of salesman tell me well you know it's not free, it's like $25 a month or something like that. I said, do you know how much these trucks cost? Anyway, my year won't be up until December so I've got another 5 months however by then I do not believe I will have the truck anymore. I just spent too much money & cannot get insurance that costs at all what I think it should. I pay so much for the insurance I can't really afford to keep the truck. If I could get the insurance lower, almost significantly lowered, I would probably keep my truck. I have one ticket yet for some reason it's extremely high. I got a quote on a minivan, $200 less but for a Subaru & a Civic, which this REALLY surprised me, Subaru was about same as what I pay per month now & the Civic was $500 a month versus the $360 I'm paying now.

My truck is cheaper to insure that either of the cars I'm insuring also. The cars are like 2012 and 2014 models but cost more than my 2019 truck to ensure.

awesmdiver

Reaction score
The UConnect service is way overpriced and worthless, provides no real value.

mesquite5010

Reaction score
I renewed it once. It was like 3 months for 10 bucks. Thats about what I am willing to pay to push the lock button from bed. It IS WAY overpriced.....especially since it should be FREE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called and cancelled my 1yr free subscription as soon as I bought the truck. For the cost they want after the year, I didn’t know if I could be charged for forgetting to cancel before the free trial was up. I know, I’m overly cautious about these things.

I honestly don’t see the value here at all. I’ve never had a similar service on any vehicle in my past, and certainly don’t have a desire to pay for a service I’ve never had a previous need for. Even if it were free, I highly doubt I’d make use of it.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Guardian trial expired a year ago. Never used the service while it was free, this truck and previous trucks. I do renew SiriusXM. For a while, I had 3 vehicles that I was paying for SiriusXM. I hate horsing around with the stupid phone just to listen to music. It stays in my pocket....

Kob0583

Reaction score
I’ll probably renew because MN is cold AF in the winter and it works well enough but it’s way more than it should be for what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Renew? Hell fire I can’t get mine to work at all! Wife’s cat works fine. Darn sure ain’t gonna renew if I can’t get it to work, and not at that price per month.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did not renew. I like to stick it to companies that offer a trial complimentary service for a product that was inferior and hardly worked. It may work 100% of the time now and they got it fixed, but not subscribing to this service was a matter of principle for me.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might consider renewing if it would work more consistently. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. For those reasons and the cost - I will not be renewing after my free year.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Just had the truck a month so I still have it, I think. The dealer never went over any features with me, and I havn't looked into it. Since I didn't know I had it I will likely not renew. The worst part is I will keep getting renewal junk mail like I still get from Sirius for the vehicle I traded for my last vehicle prior to the Ram. The 15 Silverado, cant think of the name of their system. Not sure if there is any validity to the stories I heard. It supposedly would call for an ambulance if you were in an accident and wouldn't respond. I heard stories of ambulance being sent to the wrong place or showing up two days after the accident. Not sure if it is BS or not.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just had the truck a month so I still have it, I think. The dealer never went over any features with me, and I havn't looked into it. Since I didn't know I had it I will likely not renew. The worst part is I will keep getting renewal junk mail like I still get from Sirius for the vehicle I traded for my last vehicle prior to the Ram. The 15 Silverado, cant think of the name of their system. Not sure if there is any validity to the stories I heard. It supposedly would call for an ambulance if you were in an accident and wouldn't respond. I heard stories of ambulance being sent to the wrong place or showing up two days after the accident. Not sure if it is BS or not.

OnStar?

Buck

Reaction score
I have been considering it. But at $15 a month for something I use like 1-2 a month I haven’t done it yet. Things like this should be free or like $5 a month.
it cost 300.00 a year!

Buck

Reaction score
I renewed mine. I consider it a quality of life thing when I use the app (sometimes alexa) at least twice a day to start truck ahead of getting in on a hot/cold day. Yes ima lazy bastard. Also use send'n go for waypoints/ directions when traveling (accompanied by maps)
what did you pay

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to throw this off topic a little bit what do you even get for the price you pay for NAV upgrade on the stereo? I’m looking at trading in my lease for a new ecodiesel and it has the 8.4nav upgrade for $795. That is something I would never pay for considering it has CarPlay and I have free nav on my phone.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to throw this off topic a little bit what do you even get for the price you pay for NAV upgrade on the stereo?
1. Guardian - lock, unlock, remote start your truck from an app on your phone, and GPS tracking.
2. Traffic - Traffic updates
3. Weather - Weather updates and (annoying) pop-ups
4. HD radio
5. Themes for the displays (radio and instrument 7" EVIC)
6. Call buttons in the overhead for Assist (blue button) and SOS (red button)
6. Smooth gloss black bezel around radio (instead of the textured matte color of the dash)
7. Wi-Fi hot spot.
8. Hands-free calling.
9. NAV.
10. SiriusXM Travel Link.

Without NAV: https://www.ramtrucks.com/uconnect/systems/UAM.html

With NAV: https://www.ramtrucks.com/uconnect/systems/UAV.html

Users who are viewing this thread