5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius XM Renewal

Lrpilot

Reaction score
My trial subscription of Sirius XM Platinum just ended. I called today to prevent them charging me $30 for the full price for another month. I told them it was too expensive and I wanted to cancel. They refused to offer me any deal including the $60 for a year. They wouldn’t even offer the current intro pricing on their website of $8.25/month. They told me that’s old info and the website needs to be updated. 🤦🏻‍♂️ The only thing they offered was one genre of music for $7.99/month. I choose the genre and get those channels only. So, if I had chosen Country for example, I’d get about 8-10 channels and that’s it. Unbelievable!

So I ended up canceling. Any hope of an offer coming soon to get my business back?

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
MONOPOLY-Sirius XM has gotten too big for their britches and is going to price themselves out of business. Streaming has killed their revenue stream and they're scrambling. Charging like this for what I consider to be sub-par music selection most of the time is a joke.

Their customer service is awful as well and most of the people you talk to are impossible to understand on the phone. 🤦‍♂️

EDIT: I'm sorry I was on a rant mood earlier. I've had the same experience as @wangstarr03 in the past myself playing the I'll walk if $60/year promo not available. I just had a rotten experience with Sirius XM this past summer trying to get service moved from one vehicle to another and the TravelLink portion never did work again. I tried for two weeks straight spending 30 mins-1 1/2 hours PER CALL working with them to try to "refresh" my signal. Dealer confirmed the radio wasn't the issue. I finally gave up.

Last edited:

wangstarr03

Reaction score
To be honest, my experience has been exactly the opposite. I’ve renewed the SiriusXM “select” package on my truck and wife’s car every 6 months for the last few years each time locking in for about $5-$6 a month using the same tactic: standard pricing is too expensive, will cancel if they can’t find me a promo, etc.

Just recently renewed for a year at ~$6/mo for both of us and my AMEX platinum covers that cost completely effectively making satellite radio free for us. I’d encourage you call back and try talking to someone else.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My trial subscription of Sirius XM Platinum just ended. I called today to prevent them charging me $30 for the full price for another month. I told them it was too expensive and I wanted to cancel. They refused to offer me any deal including the $60 for a year. They wouldn’t even offer the current intro pricing on their website of $8.25/month. They told me that’s old info and the website needs to be updated. 🤦🏻‍♂️ The only thing they offered was one genre of music for $7.99/month. I choose the genre and get those channels only. So, if I had chosen Country for example, I’d get about 8-10 channels and that’s it. Unbelievable!

So I ended up canceling. Any hope of an offer coming soon to get my business back?
when you picked up your truck did you have to leave a credit card and do you have to sign up?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine came with a six month Platinum trail. I called a week after I purchased the truck and told them I wanted the Platinum at the end of the trial for a year and would pay the then advertised rate of $60 for a year. She put me on hold for three minutes to speak with her supervisor. She came back on and said it was approved.

I just renewed my daughter-in-law’s 2020 Laramie because Sirius told her no discounts…so I called and they agreed to give us a $60 one year Platinum subscription. You just have to find the right person.

It may or may not help that I have three family Rams and one Raptor on the account. I pool everyone in our family on the same account, they pay for their subscriptions to me, I pay Sirius, and I utilize the number of trucks as leverage.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Renewed my wife's Cherokee subscription a few months ago. Didn't even have to call and threaten cancellation. Logged into the account online and the $60/yr was offered at the bottom of the page. A couple clicks and done (till next year anyway).

lbj

Reaction score
Didn't even have to call and threaten cancellation. Logged into the account online and the $60/yr was offered at the bottom of the page. A couple clicks and done (till next year anyway).

Had the same experience.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you get the promotional emails? We get em all the time for the $60 deal. They usually push that one pretty well. Sometimes we get mail offers too. I just renewed my wife's new cherokee actually. Mine is about due, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna re-up or not. I mostly listen to pods or prime music, which I already pay for ha.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
For those with the $60/12 months deal, is that Sirius XM Platinum or some lesser plan?

Lrpilot

Reaction score
After their pathetic offer yesterday and me canceling, they’re now offering $100 for a year of Platinum. They say the $60 a year offer expired in July 2021 and that it was not for Platinum. They say it was for the Music and Entertainment plan.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those with the $60/12 months deal, is that Sirius XM Platinum or some lesser plan?
I got Platinum for both Rams as well as the Raptor for $60 a year each. The key is call them up, politely tell them the deal you want and typically they will match at ad they have on the market. Granted, If you tell them you want Platinum for $25 a year then the answer will most likely be no.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just had a deal come up on my facebook page, didn't click on it but it was $1 month for 12 months.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife's is Music & Entertainment. Don't know what 'better' plans offer. Maybe that's why it was so easy to get online. Doesn't matter, the wife is happy with it and I'm not paying more than $5/mo to listen to radio that is just slightly less bad than normal FM. I stream my music or put songs on a USB drive.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Agree with what some others have said - I'm not sure what the "Platinum" plan includes, but we have the music & entertainment ("select" is what SXM calls it) which is enough for what we use it for.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the online chat when mine expired and told them I didn't use it enough to pay $15/month, or whatever it was. She said how about $60/year. I said ok.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never pay more than $99 for the year and that is full access to everything everywhere...have it on 2 vehicles. Not sure if that is the best price but I am OK paying that for convenience. I have been a full member for about 7 years so maybe that helps? I always mention I can get music from anywhere and don't need Sirius.

mmcbeat

Reaction score
Mine just expired. I’m going to give it a few days to see if I miss it. Thing is, I’m not driving near as much as I used to. I like Sirius but despise they they go to market. Huge advertised prices with huge discounts if you take the bait, subject to change daily. At this time will they let you pay the $60 lump sum or are they demanding credit card payment monthly?

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine just expired. I’m going to give it a few days to see if I miss it. Thing is, I’m not driving near as much as I used to. I like Sirius but despise they they go to market. Huge advertised prices with huge discounts if you take the bait, subject to change daily. At this time will they let you pay the $60 lump sum or are they demanding credit card payment monthly?
On my wife's I'm paying monthly. It just auto charges the 5-6 bucks or whatever every month.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always do a one time payment - I have them bill me and I pay via the online portal. I have done it this way every year for the 7 years I have used their service. No recurring payment, so it avoids the autorenewal at the higher, non 'special' price.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My plan is paid quarterly. I have the mostly music package.

Users who are viewing this thread