5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius XM Renewal

Annual update:

I was on a $60 "promotional" plan, which came to $79.40 annually after fees and taxes.

I contacted XM via Chat and said I'd like to renew at the current rate or cancel. They claimed to have shifted to a monthly plan of $7.98, inclusive of taxes and fees, which equates to $95.76 annually.

So, I'm now paying $16 more per year than the past three years. I didn't push hard so I'm not sure if they would have caved but for $16, I didn't really care.
Thanks for the reminder. Mine renews this month and just checked account. Will have to give them a call to get price reduced again

Those of you getting the $60 deals, I assume that is for the basic "music" package that does not include every NFL/NBA/NHL game?

Those of you getting the $60 deals, I assume that is for the basic "music" package that does not include every NFL/NBA/NHL game?
Correct

We'll tried my best to keep my $5.99 a month deal. First they tried switching me to the music and entertainment advantage plan which was $7.99 a month. I said if they couldn't match or breast what I was already paying then to cancel. The tried just giving me the standard plan I already have, but at 6.99 a month. Passes again. They said my radio not longer qualifies for the $5.99 a month plan. So now Sep 15th will be my last day with SiriusXM in the RAM. Will see if they give me a better rate to get me back after the subscription ends

You guys reminded me to check my subscription. It expires on 11/28/24. If I can't renew for the $5/mo then I will cancel. I only drive the truck on the weekends anyway. I do stream XM music on my Alexa & Google smart speakers when I'm at home.

just got this offer from

SiriusXM Music & Entertainment

$4/mo for 12 months

Then $23.05/mo. Offer Details below.

hahahahahahahahahahaha
not

Last edited:
And I'm back on subscription

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240920-233857.png
    Screenshot_20240920-233857.png
    106 KB · Views: 26
I called Sirius yesterday because my 2-year $6.03 (including taxes) was due to expire today (Sep. 21, 2024). I asked if I could renew at the current price, and the CSR put me on hold for a couple of minutes, came back, and said I was good for another year. If you don't get the same results, hang up and call back to get a different CSR. I've done this in the past.

1726924569158.png

I called Sirius yesterday because my 2-year $6.03 (including taxes) was due to expire today (Sep. 21, 2024). I asked if I could renew at the current price, and the CSR put me on hold for a couple of minutes, came back, and said I was good for another year. If you don't get the same results, hang up and call back to get a different CSR. I've done this in the past.

View attachment 190138
My approach seemed to work, I'm actually paying less now than I was before, and only went a week listening to local radio which reslly don't bother me too much.

My approach seemed to work, I'm actually paying less now than I was before, and only went a week listening to local radio which reslly don't bother me too much.
Exactly what I did. They refused to go under $5/month even though I said I wanted to cancel on the phone but then sent me an e-mail for less a week later so I reconnected.

I’m guessing losing subscribers becomes much more important than the monthly fee once it got higher up.

A few days before mine expired, they sent me an offer for $7 per month, plus taxes. Two days after it expired, I got an offer for $60 for 12 months, so I took it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back