5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius XM Renewal

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I enjoy all of the streaming only extra stations and since there is no satellite coverage here in Alaska streaming through the truck's wifi is fantastic.
XM doesn't work in Alaska? that's good to know for when we make the trip there next year!

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
XM doesn't work in Alaska? that's good to know for when we make the trip there next year!
You can occasionally pick up a station for up to 20 seconds but that's about it. I just stream through the truck's cellular connection. That also will not work where there's no coverage.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can occasionally pick up a station for up to 20 seconds but that's about it. I just stream through the truck's cellular connection. That also will not work where there's no coverage.
got it.
looks like ill be spotifying offline music the whole trip then LOL

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$60 for 12 months is the best offer anyone's gonna get, period.
I just called and got this deal. Came out to $60/year= $72.77 with taxes and fees :ROFLMAO:

I was on the $5.99/mo plan, which came out to $7.75/mo. But next month it was going to expire and was going to get charged around $24. I called to cancel my subscription, but they tried to up sell me with an $8 plan. I mentioned to customer service rep about the $60/year plan, she immediately switched me to that plan.

Last edited:

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just called and got this deal. Came out to $60/year= $72.77 with taxes and fees :ROFLMAO:

I was on the $5.99/mo plan, which came out to $7.75/mo. But next month it was going to expire and was going to get charged around $24. I called to cancel my subscription, but they tried to up sell me with an $8 plan. I mentioned to customer service rep about the $60/year plan, she immediately switched me to that plan.
That’s a good deal and the one I held out for over the years. They won’t offer right away but after refusing a few other offers I tell them they’re gonna have to do better. Can’t believe anybody pays full price for XM radio.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a good deal and the one I held out for over the years. They won’t offer right away but after refusing a few other offers I tell them they’re gonna have to do better. Can’t believe anybody pays full price for XM radio.
My last renewal, I didn't have to turn down any other offers, or try and barter with the. Simply told them to just put me back in the same plan I had before. The customer service person had to "check" to make sure my vehicle was still able to receive that plan, then came back and said, I was good to go and even got a refund for the month of full price I was charged.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cell phones don't work either. There's only a couple predatory companies up there. If you aren't on a direct actual plan through a big 3 ( Att, Tmobile or Verizon ), you won't have any service. No MVNOs. What service you might have will probably be roaming anywhere outside of downtown Anchorage.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cell phones don't work either. There's only a couple predatory companies up there. If you aren't on a direct actual plan through a big 3 ( Att, Tmobile or Verizon ), you won't have any service. No MVNOs. What service you might have will probably be roaming anywhere outside of downtown Anchorage.
ah good to know.
i guess im downloading the entire AK map to Gaia then lol

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alaskan here, we do have AT&T and Verizon. T-Mobile does not have any service or stores here. If you have T-Mobile you roam on the GCI network which is the big local carrier statewide here. You can go to any of the listed carriers websites and look at their coverage maps. AFAIK straight talk, Cricket etc do work just fine. Of course there are dead areas just like in many regions in the western U.S. but the coverage overall is quite good considering the vastness of this state.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alaskan here, we do have AT&T and Verizon. T-Mobile does not have any service or stores here. If you have T-Mobile you roam on the GCI network which is the big local carrier statewide here. You can go to any of the listed carriers websites and look at their coverage maps. AFAIK straight talk, Cricket etc do work just fine. Of course there are dead areas just like in many regions in the western U.S. but the coverage overall is quite good considering the vastness of this state.
i have verizon. i should be ok but still gonna download Gaia GPS Alaska Map to my tablet.

beetlespin

Reaction score
I just use Pandora. Costs me nothing. Sirius XM sucks anyway. If you listen to one channel long enough you wil notice it's on a loop and you'll hear the same songs over and over.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just use Pandora. Costs me nothing. Sirius XM sucks anyway. If you listen to one channel long enough you wil notice it's on a loop and you'll hear the same songs over and over.
Pandora is the same way. I listen to Pandora most days at work. Maybe not an actual loop, but I will hear the same songs two to three times some days

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have verizon. i should be ok but still gonna download Gaia GPS Alaska Map to my tablet.
If you didn't already know, you can download Google Maps for offline use. They are good for a year I believe.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you didn't already know, you can download Google Maps for offline use. They are good for a year I believe.
i know. but i need trail maps and the ability to pre-plot the routes and not all trails show up on GMaps.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen this advertised on TFL Trucks ... Trail Maps | onX Offroad
i know about onX and many influencers use/ promote them.
there are some features i like but i've been using gaia for so long i've overcame the primary advantage of onX over Gaia: ease of use. plus i've had about 5 years of trail routes and trip plans stored on Gaia it'd be a pain to move them over

Users who are viewing this thread