5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius XM Renewal

truckless

Reaction score
In this day and age, I just think they are a waste. You pay all that money for a handful of channels listening to a bunch of has beens recycled as DJs playing a handful of songs in repetitious rotations at a ****ty 128kbps.

Data is abundant and by comparison cheap. Stream baby!

Last edited:

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always do a one time payment - I have them bill me and I pay via the online portal. I have done it this way every year for the 7 years I have used their service. No recurring payment, so it avoids the autorenewal at the higher, non 'special' price.
I do the same thing, except I use a card that can autorenew so I put a reminder on my phone calendar about 3-4 days before it expires and I do the deal then. Been doing it the same way for 10+ years now except that now you can go online instead of waiting on the phone, which was almost a reason I was going to cancel a couple of years ago as I get sick of doing it on the phone. Now I can just do it in between other work when I'm on the PC.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In this day and age, I just think they are a waste. You pay all that money for a handful of channels listening to a bunch of has beens recycled as DJs playing a handful of songs in repetitious rotations at a ****ty 128kbps.

Data is abundant and by comparison cheap. Stream baby!
That doesn't work that well if you're like me and drive through areas without cell phone service frequently and for decent distances. Sirius is a good product if that's what you need. If you rather stream, then you should stream. They're not a waste for anyone who wants to just turn on their vehicle and have a hundred channels right there - music, comedy, etc - rather than search for stuff to stream, or if you live in a rural area.

Svt40

Reaction score
Mine expired a few weeks ago and last week I get an e-mail saying that my subscription has been renewed. I thought it was a scam email at first because I did not renew but then Sirius began working in my truck again.

This was the email:
Today's Purchase Details
Package/Plan
Subscription Term
Charges
SiriusXM Platinum ($8.25/Month for 12 Months)
10/21/2021 - 11/21/2021​
$8.25​
SiriusXM Video (1 Month)
10/21/2021 - 11/21/2021​
$0.00​
U.S. Music Royalty Fee
$1.77​
State & Local Taxes
$0.70​

Total Charges
$10.72​
Charges shown above may have been prorated to align with your billing cycle. Additional adjustments made to your account after this purchase will not be reflected on this statement.
Today's Payment Information
Payments
Credit/Debit Card ********0204
$10.72​
Important Notice: Effective November 2, 2021, the standard rate for the Platinum Plan (formerly All Access) including the Family Friendly version will increase by $1 per month. Audio packages which include music channels are subject to the U.S. Music Royalty Fee. The U.S. Music Royalty Fee is calculated based upon the price of your subscription package and will change accordingly. If you have any questions visit siriusxm.com/nov2021rates for more information. See our Customer Agreement at Customer Agreement for more information about our services, how to cancel and ways to contact us.
*Monthly Promo Price: Your monthly price will reflect the special savings rate as presented above through 10/21/2022. Please note that changes to fees or your local/state tax rates could change the amount of these and other future charges.
Important Automatic Renewal Information For All Subscriptions
For your convenience, when your promotional period is over, your subscription(s) will automatically renew and be charged thereafter for additional periods as stated below starting on 10/21/2022 at the rates in effect at the time of each renewal. Your subscription is governed by the SiriusXM Customer Agreement, where you can find our refund policy and details on how to cancel, which includes using our online Chat feature or calling us at 1-866-687-4213.
Renewal Charges
Package/Plan
Subscription Period
Estimated Charges
SiriusXM Platinum
Monthly​
$21.99​
SiriusXM Video
Monthly​
$0.00​
U.S. Music Royalty Fee
$4.71​
State & Local Taxes
$1.87​

Total Charges
$28.57​
All future terms will be charged to the credit/debit card that we have on file for you. Actual charges may reflect changes to your account such as the number of radios, type of plan or package or service adjustments. In addition, charges may also be prorated to your billing cycle and may reflect changes to our subscription rates, fees or your local/state tax rates.

Now I have never had a Mastercard nor do any of my cards end with the numbers listed. No new accounts opened under my name. So I have no clue what is going on here. I called Sirius and "Doug" answered the phone and canceled it for me but it still bugs me. All the hotlinks looked a bit scammy with tons of extra crap attached to them.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check your credit cards. Some since covid offer a digital entertainment credit that covers streaming services. Sirius is included on two of mine.

Svt40

Reaction score
Check your credit cards. Some since covid offer a digital entertainment credit that covers streaming services. Sirius is included on two of mine.

That's what I was saying I only have two cards and neither are a Mastercard nor do they end in the numbers listed on the invoice. I'm watching my credit reports right now for fraudulent cards opened in my name but not seeing anything there either.

Not that I would sign up for premium anyhow. I get maybe 2 songs a day driving to and from work. Not even worth $5 a month for that.

Seabass4592

Reaction score
For years I was a sucker and paid the $300 a month because I was basically addicted to certain channels. Finally, I got smart and started looking for alternatives. So know I use podcasts a lot. I've broken than need for Siriusxm even though they constantly offer me the $5 a month special. Sorry Siriusxm, you forced me to find alternatives and I did. Bye!

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have Amazon Music Unlimited which is fine, but I really love Sirius, especially the streaming only channels on their app. For ~$70 a year to have it available in my truck and streaming at work is a hell of a deal. I live in Alaska so their is no satellite coverage, so I do all my streaming through the truck's built in wifi.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That doesn't work that well if you're like me and drive through areas without cell phone service frequently and for decent distances. Sirius is a good product if that's what you need. If you rather stream, then you should stream. They're not a waste for anyone who wants to just turn on their vehicle and have a hundred channels right there - music, comedy, etc - rather than search for stuff to stream, or if you live in a rural area.
this right here - I am willing to pay for the convenience of many channels just ready to go. streaming to me takes too much work

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bumping this thread. My year is up next month so I'm wondering what kind of deals everyone is seeing.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bumping this thread. My year is up next month so I'm wondering what kind of deals everyone is seeing.
I just renewed for another year at the end of January.

$75.58 for a year including all fees as follows:

Sirius XM Platinum $60 for a year plus $11.98 Service Fee and $3.60 sales tax for a total of $75.58 for a year.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just renewed for another year at the end of January.

$75.58 for a year including all fees as follows:

Sirius XM Platinum $60 for a year plus $11.98 Service Fee and $3.60 sales tax for a total of $75.58 for a year.
Thanks, this is the deal I'm looking for. Did you let your subscription lapse or did you cancel first?

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Call and threaten to cancel and they will give you the deal. Don’t let it laps or they will hit you with fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, this is the deal I'm looking for. Did you let your subscription lapse or did you cancel first?
Neither. I called them up in late December and explained my six month trial was up at the end of January. I politely told the lady that I’d renew for a year at the end of my trial for the $60 for XM Platinum. She tried to get me to take a lower package. I said no way. She had to check with her supervisor and then came back telling me they would do it as I requested.

Last edited:

Nova90

Reaction score
I just renewed my wife's SUV, for a total about $72 year. It sucks that you have to play this game with them every year, but they always have given me the deal vs. having me cancel.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have over 1600 songs on a thumb drive
is siriusxm really worth t?
I have yet to find a Saturday college football game on a thumb drive! 😉. And as for news, all I ever seem to find is the liberal flavor on the local radio stations so it’s nice to have a choice on XM. Finally, I’m a Sabres fan so it’s hard to find a Sabres hockey game being broadcasted in Texas but I get them all the time on XM.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got a Sirius renewal notice about 2 months before my free subscription was up. $6 per month + tax, so I jumped on it.

Users who are viewing this thread