5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius xm missing

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
Looks like SDAR stands for Satellite Digital Audio Radio. So, that's definitely the right screen and easiest way going forward to confirm the issue if SiriusXM Currently Unavailable pops up.

Br549

Reaction score
Sounds like you’re definitely on the right track. Really sorry they can’t get your radio working properly. I wonder if your dealer messed up the replacement trying to get it working.

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
Sounds like you’re definitely on the right track. Really sorry they can’t get your radio working properly. I wonder if your dealer messed up the replacement trying to get it working.

Thanks. I figure patience is the only option here. Ram or UConnect need to test these updates better before bricking people's radio. Makes me nervous about future updates. One downside to how advanced vehicles are becoming.

On Monday I have to bring it back, so they can put the new unit in and pull some data off it and send it to STAR. That's needed before they'll send the replacement for the replacement.

Br549

Reaction score
They Definitely Need test the updates better. It has to be costing them money.
good luck on keeping the patience (y)

lbell911

Reaction score
How do you get to the Software Verison Screen for me to see what Software I have? Mine is doing the same thing with my Sirusxm & Travel Link & no traffic info on my GPS

Snwjnky

Reaction score
How do you get to the Software Verison Screen for me to see what Software I have? Mine is doing the same thing with my Sirusxm & Travel Link & no traffic info on my GPS
Hold/press the two outermost app buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Netmaster

Reaction score
Chalk me up as someone with this issue. Picked up a 2020 Limited yesterday. Noticed no Satellite radio with a occasional pop up saying it’s not available. Then I noticed the radio does not store my presets. It will for a little bit, but will just randomly overwrite them to defaults. I had a 2019 with the 12” and I did not have this issue. One very annoyed customer right here.

larry329

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 W/12" U-connect. No XM Radio. Any luck with the missing XM Radio icon? My radio seems to be up to date and XM is installed, I just can't play it unless I use the app on my phone.

McRib

Reaction score
Just throwing in my experience too. Picked up a 2022 3500 with the 12 inch, and although the Window Sticker shows it has XM and I got an email from Sirius saying my subscription was activated I have no XM radio icon in Sources. Trying to get the dealer to figure out what's going on.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just throwing in my experience too. Picked up a 2022 3500 with the 12 inch, and although the Window Sticker shows it has XM and I got an email from Sirius saying my subscription was activated I have no XM radio icon in Sources. Trying to get the dealer to figure out what's going on.
Did you call them? Try to get them to send you a refresh signal. Be outside, tune to channel 1 and have them send the signal.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to call SiriusXM with your Radio ID Number and they will send a refresh signal.

tkabrick

Reaction score
Did you get this resolved? I picked up a 2022 2500 and although it has the 8.4NAV I am having the same issue. There is no source for SiriusXM so I can't change to the preview channel to receive a refresh signal. Not sure what can be done. The radio ID was added to my SiriusXM account but there is just no way to change the source to SiriusXM

McRib

Reaction score
Did you get this resolved? I picked up a 2022 2500 and although it has the 8.4NAV I am having the same issue. There is no source for SiriusXM so I can't change to the preview channel to receive a refresh signal. Not sure what can be done. The radio ID was added to my SiriusXM account but there is just no way to change the source to SiriusXM

Not yet. I talked to the dealer, they said call XM Radio. I called them and they said talk to the dealer!
I have an appointment next Monday at the dealer. We'll see what they say.

tkabrick

Reaction score
Not yet. I talked to the dealer, they said call XM Radio. I called them and they said talk to the dealer!
I have an appointment next Monday at the dealer. We'll see what they say.
Yeah I tried calling Uconnect and they said go to the dealer, I also have an appointment next Monday. Have you been prompted to download an update, or know what software version you are running?

McRib

Reaction score
Yeah I tried calling Uconnect and they said go to the dealer, I also have an appointment next Monday. Have you been prompted to download an update, or know what software version you are running?

This is my build. and no I have not been prompted to update.

1639539429554.png

Users who are viewing this thread