5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius xm missing

Ekim5240

Reaction score
I picked up a 2020 longhorn 2 days ago. The siriusxm button is there but is shadowed. Once in a while it will say sirius currently unavailable as soon as I turn the truck on. Any ideas? Thanks

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You don't have to activate it. It should work for the trial period without you having to do anything. My Ram is the 4th vehicle I've owned with a free trial and I've never activated them or done anything else and they all worked fine until the trial ran out.

Try rebooting your Uconnect or disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Fair warning though- it can take a few power cycles or a few days for all 'features' to reappear on the screen so don't freak out if you find some options missing the first time you use it if you do this.

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
@piening2150 The dealership will activate it for you once the sale is complete and you take ownership. Otherwise your 12 month subscription could possibly be only 1-2 months if they activate it prior to a sale. That’s also why you’ve never had to.

@Ekim5240 go back to the dealership and have them check it out.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@piening2150 The dealership will activate it for you once the sale is complete and you take ownership. Otherwise your 12 month subscription could possibly be only 1-2 months if they activate it prior to a sale. That’s also why you’ve never had to.

You're right, I should have phrased it if the dealer did their part correctly you shouldn't have to do anything. Definitely have the dealer check it out.

Ekim5240

Reaction score

Thanks. It doesn't even go to the preview channel but I'm back tomorrow morning. Hopefully that's it.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
You can activate it yourself with the blue assist button. That how I had to do mine.
AF6A9DBC-3E3F-4480-AF08-58AAD37C82F0.jpeg

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If he doesn't even have the preview channel then there's something more than the subscription activation going on.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wish I could make my Sirius/XM go missing...oops wrong thread. :)

Ekim5240

Reaction score
Got to love how they make things up when they don't know how to fix it. I was told. There's nothing they can do. Sirius is sending an update and that will fix it.

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Picked up truck last Wednesday and it's greyed out. Please let me know if you get this resolved.

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
Was at the dealership for 4 hours today. They weren't able to resolve it. Notes said "no related TSR's found. Restored vehicle configuration and reset radio ECU and still unresponsive. Recommending reschedule for further diagnosis."

I'm guessing they disconnected the negative for the restore vehicle configuration as half way through the drive home the TPMS light for the front passenger tire went to?

Br549

Reaction score
Mine greyed out after update. Taking mine to the Dealer this afternoon. Let the games begin!

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
Mine greyed out after update. Taking mine to the Dealer this afternoon. Let the games begin!

Good luck. SiriusXM advanced technical support called me today. They've been getting reports of this issue and are escalating the case I opened last week to their engineering and product support team.

I also pinged RAM Care on here and they are going to escalate on their end.

Br549

Reaction score
Good luck. SiriusXM advanced technical support called me today. They've been getting reports of this issue and are escalating the case I opened last week to their engineering and product support team.

I also pinged RAM Care on here and they are going to escalate on their end.
Dealership didn’t have any luck. Said they are seeing a few of these cases where the update crashes part or all of the system. They are contacting the Ram guru’s to see next step. They did mention just replacing the whole thing.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Dealership didn’t have any luck. Said they are seeing a few of these cases where the update crashes part or all of the system. They are contacting the Ram guru’s to see next step. They did mention just replacing the whole thing.
That's where I'm at.

Br549

Reaction score
So my Dealer called this morning and wanted to check couple more things (no idea what) took it to them and after about 15 minutes they said we ordered you another radio. I guess the fix for me anyway is going to be a new radio. I find it completely weird that a simple OTA would ruin the radio.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Yes, the OTA for me killed any reception from Sirius. Sirius' third level guy said he can locate my radio on his end. Can't believe there isn't a Master Reset on these things. Reset it back to an earlier version and reinstall the latest update to see if it functions correctly.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So my Dealer called this morning and wanted to check couple more things (no idea what) took it to them and after about 15 minutes they said we ordered you another radio. I guess the fix for me anyway is going to be a new radio. I find it completely weird that a simple OTA would ruin the radio.
Agree. Post back once you have the new one to let us know if that fixed your issue.

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
Quick Update:

I worked through RamCares via messaging on here and they opened a case. A very nice individual with Uconnect Case Management was assigned it and called me today. She's going to reach out to my local dealership and have Uconnect's engineers work with them to hopefully get it fixed. When I mentioned there are others on this forum having the issue, she said to make sure you report this to RamCares or Uconnect Case Management, so they are aware that you are impacted. Dealerships are supposed to work with them on this.

Users who are viewing this thread