5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius xm missing

Br549

Reaction score
So my new radio was installed today. I haven’t checked everything yet but so far so good. Hopefully no more issues :censored:. If I run into anything else I’ll be sure to post.

Boston

Reaction score
What version of UConnect software do you have? Wondering if an update is bad or the before delivery set up was incorrectly performed.

Br549

Reaction score
What version of UConnect software do you have? Wondering if an update is bad or the before delivery set up was incorrectly performed.

Attachments

• 64A4BD57-1FC7-423E-8351-4D89A0FFF726.jpeg
    64A4BD57-1FC7-423E-8351-4D89A0FFF726.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 38

Snwjnky

Reaction score
I just set up an appointment for Tuesday 6/16 for mine to be installed. Been waiting a long time. Good to hear everyone say "So far, so good".
Hey @Br549, does it look like they replaced the whole unit, or just the module behind the screen?

Br549

Reaction score
I just set up an appointment for Tuesday 6/16 for mine to be installed. Been waiting a long time. Good to hear everyone say "So far, so good".
Hey @Br549, does it look like they replaced the whole unit, or just the module behind the screen?
I believe is was just the module behind the screen but I’m not sure. The reason I say this is because of the amount of fingerprints on the screen. It looks about the same as It was before they fixed it. They told me “new radio” so whatever that means.

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
Quick Update:

I worked through RamCares via messaging on here and they opened a case. A very nice individual with Uconnect Case Management was assigned it and called me today. She's going to reach out to my local dealership and have Uconnect's engineers work with them to hopefully get it fixed. When I mentioned there are others on this forum having the issue, she said to make sure you report this to RamCares or Uconnect Case Management, so they are aware that you are impacted. Dealerships are supposed to work with them on this.

Update: Took Uconnect Support 4 weeks from time original case was opened to have me return to my dealer and have them work with STAR. They were checking with their brand advocate for next steps.

Prior to opening my Uconnect case I had brought it to my local dealer in early May (different place from where I bought it) and they spent 4 hours looking at it and then told me to go back to square one with SiriusXM and Uconnect.

So this time I took it to the dealer I bought it from and asked them to work with STAR on it. Gave them the notes from previous visit in hopes it'd speed things up.

Just about to finish hour 2. Hopefully they'll do the same as they did for you guys and just replace the radio.

My software, firmware, and app versions are the same as what @Br549 posted.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Update: Arrived at the dealership to be greeted with a "Didn't you get my message? The radio they sent will not work, and have to send another one."
Not happy at all. Been over a month. Took the day off for this.
On the brighter side, the wife and I went out for breakfast. Sit down, inside, which isn't happening around here too much because people are still scared.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Update: Arrived at the dealership to be greeted with a "Didn't you get my message? The radio they sent will not work, and have to send another one."
On the brighter side, the wife and I went out for breakfast. Sit down, inside, which isn't happening around here too much because people are still scared.
Sorry to hear. Imbeciles...

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I call BS, I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to the story. Since when do service writers know ahead of time that the part ordered was incorrect. It's usually the tech when he goes to pull the part in my experience. Which they usually don't do until truck is in shop. More like part was never ordered/didn't come in yet or FCA denied claim after they approved. Always chance it is what they say but I have grown to distrust most dealers and what they say. I went through similar run around with my dealer and getting my radio replaced and caught them in some half truths. Good luck and hope they get you straightened out soon.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score

Sorry to hear that. At least you got sit down breakfast :)

I got a loaner and they'll give me an update later today or tomorrow on what's next.

ramhead

Reaction score

Wait....was there actually a message that you didn't see/check or is the dealership BS-ing?? If they did and you missed it then it's on you but if they lied and there's no record of it I'd be raising hell about having to take time off (and, apparently have to do it again when the next radio comes in) and demand some kind of satisfaction.

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
I found this video online which shows how they replace these things. Pretty cool for those interested.

Br549

Reaction score
That stinks taking the whole day off and still waiting. At least you got to enjoy some time with the wife at breakfast.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
I call BS, I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to the story. Since when do service writers know ahead of time that the part ordered was incorrect. It's usually the tech when he goes to pull the part in my experience. Which they usually don't do until truck is in shop. More like part was never ordered/didn't come in yet or FCA denied claim after they approved. Always chance it is what they say but I have grown to distrust most dealers and what they say. I went through similar run around with my dealer and getting my radio replaced and caught them in some half truths. Good luck and hope they get you straightened out soon.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
The guy told me when they checked the part, it was not programed to my VIN for the features my truck has, and doesn't have. The same reason they can't just pull one from the lot. He said they have an elevated rush on getting the right one coming.

Wait....was there actually a message that you didn't see/check or is the dealership BS-ing?? If they did and you missed it then it's on you but if they lied and there's no record of it I'd be raising hell about having to take time off (and, apparently have to do it again when the next radio comes in) and demand some kind of satisfaction.
I checked my phone right away. I had a missed call from a number I didn't know. He said that's the number. No message was left though. So he may have called, but BS-ing about leaving a message.
He could tell I was mad. He offed to throw in an oil change. I said "...and a tank of gas." He agreed. Maybe I'll ask for a year subscription to Sirius as well since none of it works right now.

Thanks everyone. It'll get fixed eventually. First and only issue I've had with the truck.

AlphaRebel

Reaction score
Well I finally got my Rebel in for the UPDATED OS on the 12" screen that had my entire Sirius XM missing after update. They tried doing a frim cable update and wouldn't take. They just ordered me a NEW radio?? What does this require replacing the entire screen or just the hardware behind the screen?? Not impressed. Will wait for it to come in about 5 days the dealer says.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Well I finally got my Rebel in for the UPDATED OS on the 12" screen that had my entire Sirius XM missing after update. They tried doing a frim cable update and wouldn't take. They just ordered me a NEW radio?? What does this require replacing the entire screen or just the hardware behind the screen?? Not impressed. Will wait for it to come in about 5 days the dealer says.
I have a screen protector on my 12". If they replace the whole thing, they owe me a screen protector also. Not sure yet if they replace just the module, or the whole thing.
Hope you have a better experience than I have so far (y)

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
Came in to get radio replaced and same issue. New one the camera didn't work either, so they are putting the original radio back in. Dealer ordering a replacement for the replacement.

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
For those who have it working now does your SDAR show any info? Seems like that section is the problem. Mine has no values.

Attachments

• 20200701_131753.jpg
    20200701_131753.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/