5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

side mirror removal to replace mirror cap

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^^^. That is the dealership that I ordered my Billet silver mirror caps from. Me personally I wouldn’t try and paint them. If they don’t have your color, then I would stick with getting black ones.
You mean Avondale Automotive? That’s the seller of the part?

cjfioren

Reaction score
My thought too. Found Ivory on eBay but not Max Steel. Do you have a recommended site to search for those parts? All the sites I have found are not very user friendly... might just bug my dealer.
Where did you find ivory?

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I removed my chrome piece and replaced it with the black piece on my truck exterior mirrors. Thanks for posting the directions. I did end up shattering my passenger mirror glass trying to remove it. I mistakenly pulled from the outside of the mirror and not from the inside as was in the instructions, so be careful when pulling out the mirror part. That's a $180 mistake. I do prefer the all black exterior mirrors.

I followed these instructions, and tried to pry from the inside closest to truck and passenger side cracked. I am pissed! I am not even trying the other side.

Last edited:

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I followed these instructions, and tried to pry from the inside closest to truck and passenger side cracked. I am pissed! I am not even trying the other side.

Ok so I couldn't give up so I went back out and this time took a small handled pry bar and was able to push up from the back. That worked alot better, should have done that from the start. The non blind spot mirror is 55.00 on eBay from Avondale! It's price gouging to charge 180.00 for one with a "light"

cjfioren

Reaction score
Another project is done. The tool picture I used to brace the entire mirror from behind. No cracked mirror from either side. Shoutout to Josh @avondale for coming through once again.

Attachments

• Ram mirror.jpg
    Ram mirror.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 496
  • side mirror.jpg
    side mirror.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 569
  • tool.jpg
    tool.jpg
    794.3 KB · Views: 568
  • two sided.jpg
    two sided.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 550

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another project is done. The tool picture I used to brace the entire mirror from behind. No cracked mirror from either side. Shoutout to Josh @avondale for coming through once again.

I ended up having to buy the replacement mirror somewhere else because Josh would not return my messages to him via eBay or voice mail that I left.

cjfioren

Reaction score
I know he is a busy man dealing with idiots like me.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I sent Josh a note about granite covers. He replied within an hour and sent me the ebay item number. Pretty simple.
try him 1 more time.

nblack300

Reaction score
Josh Gum at Avondale also hooked me up with my Granite mirror covers. Should be here tomorrow.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I sent Josh a note about granite covers. He replied within an hour and sent me the ebay item number. Pretty simple.
try him 1 more time.
Josh Gum at Avondale also hooked me up with my Granite mirror covers. Should be here tomorrow.
Can either of you guys please point me to the Avondale link for granite crystal mirror caps? That’s what I need too! Truck details in the sig block if the model info makes any difference... I do not have tow mirrors. Thanks!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will do. Planning on breaking a mirror this weekend

I hope nblack300 didn't break both sides...If you use the tools a couple of us listed you will be fine. If you try to grab it like the instructions I fear the worst. Ask me how I know :)

Users who are viewing this thread