5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOCKING: Meet The All-New Ram 1500 REV Battery-Electric Pickup!

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd jump on a plug-in hybrid in a heartbeat. Maybe something like, 40 miles on electric only and still have a large capacity fuel tank (26/33). That would be more than sufficient for me to get around town and not have to fill up ever while still giving me the confidence to do roadtrips and not have range anxiety. Not sure why no truck company ever offered this??
For a moment i felt this was the direction ram would take with their 4xe. Wonder if its still a possibility. My work trips are short so 40 miles would be plenty for me and gas for weekends and trips. Now if they could keep the cost reasonable

I just recalled that My dad and cousin test drove a wrangler 4xe and were very turn off and not impress. Maybe i will try to test one and see for myself

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
We got more than a decade to go but things aren't looking great from the get go. If only we had true leadership. Our last nuclear plant is due to close in the next few years. There were ongoing talks about its future but i stop following so not sure if anything was decided.
True that. The tech giants don’t get kick backs from nuclear power, so maybe that’s why. The push is to make these huge battery banks using precious metals we don’t mine here. The whole thing just seems counterintuitive.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For a moment i felt this was the direction ram would take with their 4xe. Wonder if its still a possibility. My work trips are short so 40 miles would be plenty for me and gas for weekends and trips. Now if they could keep the cost reasonable

I just recalled that My dad and cousin test drove a wrangler 4xe and were very turn off and not impress. Maybe i will try to test one and see for myself
My daughter traded in her 2019 Rebel for a 2022 Wrangler 4xe and she loves it. I haven't gotten to drive it, or even ride in it yet. Hopefully soon though.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
His tone is harsh but his point is quite valid. The $100 serves RAM to weed out who's really serious but it really doesn't do much for us, if anything, other than giving us a warm and fuzzy feeling of false inclusion.

I've thrown $100 at way stupider things but I am on the fence and hoping my $100 will give me access to information that I will use to decide if this EV is right for me...prior to the release date where it becomes "non-refundable".

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
His tone is harsh but his point is quite valid. The $100 serves RAM to weed out who's really serious but it really doesn't do much for us, if anything, other than giving us a warm and fuzzy feeling of false inclusion.

I've thrown $100 at way stupider things but I am on the fence and hoping my $100 will give me access to information that I will use to decide if this EV is right for me...prior to the release date where it becomes "non-refundable".
I didn't sign up for the $100 "early access" nonsense because I have lost my trust in Ram. I signed up for the "Ram Revolution" program a couple of years ago, as soon as it was offered, because Ram said they wanted to hear from existing Ram owners for input. That was a complete ruse, because the ONLY times I ever got "Ram Revolution" emails from Ram were just marketing teasers. Not once did they ask for any actual input. That ruse, combined with the bait-and-switch they pulled between the Revolution Concept presentations and the actual Ram REV 1500, has caused my loss of faith in Ram. I love my 2020 Longhorn EcoDiesel, but I no longer trust Ram's word on anything. Hopefully Ram can recover their integrity quickly, but this customer is no longer a Ram fan.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

his name says it all lol, but yea it was a good catch. I bet a lot of people didn't know that. $100 in the days is really not much so like you said many have spend that away in worst things. I myself didn't consider it as I am expecting the first units to be in higher trims out of my budget and I have been in and out with the EV's

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't sign up for the $100 "early access" nonsense because I have lost my trust in Ram. I signed up for the "Ram Revolution" program a couple of years ago, as soon as it was offered, because Ram said they wanted to hear from existing Ram owners for input. That was a complete ruse, because the ONLY times I ever got "Ram Revolution" emails from Ram were just marketing teasers. Not once did they ask for any actual input. That ruse, combined with the bait-and-switch they pulled between the Revolution Concept presentations and the actual Ram REV 1500, has caused my loss of faith in Ram. I love my 2020 Longhorn EcoDiesel, but I no longer trust Ram's word on anything. Hopefully Ram can recover their integrity quickly, but this customer is no longer a Ram fan.
There was no "bait and switch" from the concept to production model. If you actually thought the concept was what they were going to make for full production then you don't understand how concept vehicles work.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There was no "bait and switch" from the concept to production model. If you actually thought the concept was what they were going to make for full production then you don't understand how concept vehicles work.
You're definitely right. Concept vehicles have always been more of a fantasy version of what will actually be built, if it ever even is built. In this case everyone knew Ram was going to produce it. The question everyone had was what it would actually be. Part of the problem with how they did this is not enough time elapsed from when the concept was unveiled to when the actual vehicle was revealed. The concept vehicle was still fresh in people's minds. Combine that with the fact that a lot of people apparently don't understand the purpose of concept vehicles. And you're left with a bunch of unhappy potential buyers. Which makes it a very real possibility for Ram to lose potential buyers to other brands in this instance.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Back in 2017, Ram debuted the "Rebel TRX" concept. Lo and behold, 4 years later it was actually produced (slightly different, but mostly the same). So sometimes, dreams do come true...

1676495239813.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Back in 2017, Ram debuted the "Rebel TRX" concept. Lo and behold, 4 years later it was actually produced (slightly different, but mostly the same). So sometimes, dreams do come true...

View attachment 151862
Except that's on a 4th gen body, and even then had features that never made it into production. Was ask only rated at 575hp

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Except that's on a 4th gen body, and even then had features that never made it into production. Was ask only rated at 575hp
So you're saying that the final version was EVEN BETTER than the concept. Yes, I agree!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So you're saying that the final version was EVEN BETTER than the concept. Yes, I agree!
I mean,nif you are only talking about HP output, then yes. No 37" tires, no 6-point harnesses, different suspension, no side exit exhaust, no bed mounted spare tire carrier....not a Rebel TRX.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean,nif you are only talking about HP output, then yes. No 37" tires, no 6-point harnesses, different suspension, no side exit exhaust, no bed mounted spare tire carrier....not a Rebel TRX.
Actually, the bed mounted tire carrier is an option. But I’ll grant you the rest.

1676502064390.png

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Personally I think the TRX concept was pretty underwhelming, (as far as concepts go anyway), and what they delivered was a home run on so many levels.
I just wish it came in a street truck version. I had cash in hand and test drove a couple but I have zero interest in lifted trucks anymore.

Last edited:

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're not a careful reader, I clearly covered that in my posts.

Last edited:

lawmann8

Reaction score

SHOCKING: Meet The All-New Ram 1500 REV Battery-Electric Pickup!​

The First All-Electric Pickup From The Ram Brand...​

View attachment 151519

The Ram Truck brand has just made its biggest debut yet with the all-new Ram 1500 REV. This first battery-electric light-duty pickup truck will be featured later today during the Super Bowl in a 60-second commercial called “Premature Electrification”. While the styling isn’t as radical as the Ram Revolution Concept displayed last month, the production RAM REV is a more traditional-looking RAM truck sharing the current RAM 1500s cab and box sides.

Any information on the price range?

djwdjw

Reaction score
Given how well they did with my Limited (pretty good, imo), assuming they do as well with this, I'll probably go for one when I can get one as much off MSRP as the Limited was (which was a lot).

Users who are viewing this thread