5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOCKING: Meet The All-New Ram 1500 REV Battery-Electric Pickup!

lawmann8

Reaction score
Given how well they did with my Limited (pretty good, imo), assuming they do as well with this, I'll probably go for one when I can get one as much off MSRP as the Limited was (which was a lot).
I hear ya. I love my 2022 Laramie which has everything except lane assist, cameras.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Think somewhere between second mortgage and half of a winning Powerball ticket.

I'm not sure why you say that. I priced out a 2023 F150 Lightning XLT with similar options to the 2021 XLT I wanted to build and the Lightning is only a few thousand more. I expect the Ram REV to be priced similarly.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I expect the base power and range options to price out a few $K more than a well outfitted Limited but then a cost adder similar to the cost of a Cummins, ($8-10K?), for the range extender option. So, $80-85K for the Limited REV and then $88-94K for the one that goes 500 miles on a charge.

Also assuming you would lose the Frunk with the range extender option since that is an obvious place to put a small generator package right.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Here's an interesting bit of fiction from the perspective of a person who has only ever known electric vehicles, and has now purchased a rare and novel "gasoline" fueled car.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you say that. I priced out a 2023 F150 Lightning XLT with similar options to the 2021 XLT I wanted to build and the Lightning is only a few thousand more. I expect the Ram REV to be priced similarly.

Sir, that's a $72k truck and it's an XLT. If we compare that to a 2023 Ram 1500 Bighorn with a Hemi you're talking $20,000 more money. I guess everyone has their own semantics, but to me $20k is not "a few thousand more".

Knowing that Ram is going to try and lead the segment in all the major specs (range, charge speed, etc.) we can safely assume that a REV is going to be close to six figures in price. It's insanity. You could buy a Laramie AND a Tradesman for the same money if you stick with the Hemi.

I stand behind my statement regarding pricing.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Interestingly Ram is taking their “Concept” EV on the road. It was at this year’s Cleveland autoshow.

Attachments

• 1C85F73F-5A41-4545-9636-EE1235D9CFE1.png
    1C85F73F-5A41-4545-9636-EE1235D9CFE1.png
    576.5 KB · Views: 20

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sir, that's a $72k truck and it's an XLT. If we compare that to a 2023 Ram 1500 Bighorn with a Hemi you're talking $20,000 more money. I guess everyone has their own semantics, but to me $20k is not "a few thousand more".

Knowing that Ram is going to try and lead the segment in all the major specs (range, charge speed, etc.) we can safely assume that a REV is going to be close to six figures in price. It's insanity. You could buy a Laramie AND a Tradesman for the same money if you stick with the Hemi.

I stand behind my statement regarding pricing.

I was comparing a similarly equipped Lighning XLT to gas powered XLT. Apples to apples.

You're making some wild assumptions about the REV pricing. Ram has traditionally given you more bang for the buck for a lower price than the competition.

I'm not sure why you are getting so wound up about the price of electric trucks. If you don't like the price, don't buy one. If you are just posting to complain...carry on.

Last edited:

fireman-175

Reaction score
So far, NY and CA are the only States that I know of that banned sales of gas cars in 2035. Used gas cars will be allowed to stay on the road and resold. We'll see in 12yrs if other States follow suite, if EV prices go down, and EV charging station infrastructure will be set. I'm just hoping gas prices doesn't sky rocket.
Add Washington

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
see post
here

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only way that the ram rev will even compete is lower prices. 2024-2025 will have a TON of new Ev Trucks.

As of today... no way I'm paying anything over $60k for a full size EV truck...so I'm gonna have to go and get a midsized truck. I'm hoping to get a well equipped midsized EV truck for $50k.

So I'm just going sit tight and wait for prices to come out. I did put down my $100 towards a reservation for the ram rev...but I definitely feel that the rev will be clearly out of my price range...and would be happy to give them my feedback once I get my money back.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I'm just going sit tight and wait for prices to come out. I did put down my $100 towards a reservation for the ram rev...but I definitely feel that the rev will be clearly out of my price range...and would be happy to give them my feedback once I get my money back.
As far as I know they didn't start reservations.
If you paid $100 for that early access scam it clearly states that that $100 does NOT go towards the price of a REV nor does the $100 allow you a slot to reserve or pre-order it.
If you wait until reservations open the $100 is NOT refundable and is ONLY refundable BEFORE they announce the pre-order date (not after the pre-order date happens)

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as I know they didn't start reservations.
If you paid $100 for that early access scam it clearly states that that $100 does NOT go towards the price of a REV nor does the $100 allow you a slot to reserve or pre-order it.
If you wait until reservations open the $100 is NOT refundable and is ONLY refundable BEFORE they announce the pre-order date (not after the pre-order date happens)
Let me clarify...it's the insider plus.

Quotes from the website
"Ram REV Insider+ members enjoy all the benefits that a Ram REV Insider enjoys, PLUS the ability to secure their place in line to preorder a Ram 1500 REV. A Ram REV Insider+ membership requires a $100 fee and is available only while supplies last."

As far as refunds:
"IS MY RAM REV INSIDER+ MEMBERSHIP REFUNDABLE?
You may cancel your membership by contacting Ram REV Insider+ Headquarters Customer Support at 800-763-2142. After your cancellation request is approved, please allow up to 7 business days for refunds to be processed. You will receive an email confirming your cancellation. Join fees are refundable up until you are notified that the Ram 1500 REV becomes available for early access preorder communicated by Ram, via the email provided at sign up."

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Let me clarify...it's the insider plus.

Quotes from the website
"Ram REV Insider+ members enjoy all the benefits that a Ram REV Insider enjoys, PLUS the ability to secure their place in line to preorder a Ram 1500 REV. A Ram REV Insider+ membership requires a $100 fee and is available only while supplies last."

As far as refunds:
"IS MY RAM REV INSIDER+ MEMBERSHIP REFUNDABLE?
You may cancel your membership by contacting Ram REV Insider+ Headquarters Customer Support at 800-763-2142. After your cancellation request is approved, please allow up to 7 business days for refunds to be processed. You will receive an email confirming your cancellation. Join fees are refundable up until you are notified that the Ram 1500 REV becomes available for early access preorder communicated by Ram, via the email provided at sign up."

Upon providing his/her valid credit card information, participant will be charged a one (1) time fee of One Hundred Dollars ($100) to join the Program.
Member’s place in line to be able to pre-order a Ram 1500 REV is based on a first come, first served basis.
Member’s participation in the Program is not a guarantee that Member will be able to order or purchase a Ram 1500 REV but only provides a place in line for a pre-order and does not guarantee a Ram 1500 REV will become available for purchase or that a vehicle will be delivered by any particular dealer
Member’s Join Fee will NOT go toward the purchase of the Ram 1500 REV should participant decide to purchase the vehicle.

Join Fees are refundable until the first notice that the Ram 1500 REV becomes available for early access pre-order communicated by Ram

There's also an Arbitration clause so people can't file a class action for false advertising
MEMBERS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY MEMBER AND/OR PROGRAM ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Upon providing his/her valid credit card information, participant will be charged a one (1) time fee of One Hundred Dollars ($100) to join the Program.
Member’s place in line to be able to pre-order a Ram 1500 REV is based on a first come, first served basis.
Member’s participation in the Program is not a guarantee that Member will be able to order or purchase a Ram 1500 REV but only provides a place in line for a pre-order and does not guarantee a Ram 1500 REV will become available for purchase or that a vehicle will be delivered by any particular dealer
Member’s Join Fee will NOT go toward the purchase of the Ram 1500 REV should participant decide to purchase the vehicle.

Join Fees are refundable until the first notice that the Ram 1500 REV becomes available for early access pre-order communicated by Ram

There's also an Arbitration clause so people can't file a class action for false advertising
MEMBERS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY MEMBER AND/OR PROGRAM ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
Refundable until preorder is available. Gives me plenty of time to decide. I would have accurate pricing range by then.. I would end up canceling for something else anyway.

Besides...with all the money I spent on my charger... $100 is nothing....lol.

But stellantis seeing that I'm pulling out of my order because it cost too much...that's a bigger hit to them then to me.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Refundable until preorder is available. Gives me plenty of time to decide. I would have accurate pricing range by then.. I would end up canceling for something else anyway.

Besides...with all the money I spent on my charger... $100 is nothing....lol.

But stellantis seeing that I'm pulling out of my order because it cost too much...that's a bigger hit to them then to me.
Fair enough.

If they announce the pre-orders at the same time as the pricing then they got to keep your $100, but obviously not your 60k+ or whatever crazy price it will be (I expect starting at 85k)

I really wonder why they charged people $100 to get in a list, what kind of long or short game as they playing...

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fair enough.

If they announce the pre-orders at the same time as the pricing then they got to keep your $100, but obviously not your 60k+ or whatever crazy price it will be (I expect starting at 85k)

I really wonder why they charged people $100 to get in a list, what kind of long or short game as they playing...
It definitely raises some eye brows...because they closed it, then reopened it. Only major reason why I did it, is because I'm ev shopping 2024-2025 and I want the rambox. If I can't get a base EV with rambox for the cheapest price, then I'm getting something else. I can easily go midsized truck.

Ford is going to reduce their prices on their trucks...and Chevy ev base Truck is $45k (I'm figuring out the door pricing) with works better for me.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It will be really funny when they start reversing course on EV’s. I see it coming from a mile away.

Users who are viewing this thread