5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shifts and Grins Fabrication 2019 Rebel Build Thread

CRam92

Reaction score
Looking good! Can’t wait to see the final product. Hard to tell from the photos but are the rail slanted on the truck or horizontal?

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just curious, what welding machine are you using?
Been thinking about getting a smaller TIG for home use, afraid that I am spoiled with my work ESAB Heliarc 352.
Well I started out tig welding this with my Lincoln Squarewave 175. It was taking too long since I have a short amount of time to get a lot of stuff designed and built so I switched to mig. My mig is (It's a multiprocess welder) is an Eastwood MP250i. It welds great. It is right up there with any of the Lincolns or Millers I've owned. My only complaint is you have to stay on top of your consumables because you have to order them online. As long as you plan ahead, that isn't an issue. lol

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Been following your Instagram as well, loving those sliders!
Thank you. It looks like all of the brackets I deigned for the passenger side will work on the drivers side too. The driver's side slider will be some work to get on as it will likely require dropping the gas tank skid and lossening up the tank to give enough room to get the bols and backing plate on the rear mount.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you. It looks like all of the brackets I deigned for the passenger side will work on the drivers side too. The driver's side slider will be some work to get on as it will likely require dropping the gas tank skid and lossening up the tank to give enough room to get the bols and backing plate on the rear mount.
I follow your youtube channel. Keep up the awesome videos.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I started out tig welding this with my Lincoln Squarewave 175. It was taking too long since I have a short amount of time to get a lot of stuff designed and built so I switched to mig. My mig is (It's a multiprocess welder) is an Eastwood MP250i. It welds great. It is right up there with any of the Lincolns or Millers I've owned. My only complaint is you have to stay on top of your consumables because you have to order them online. As long as you plan ahead, that isn't an issue. lol

No point TIG welding stuff that is under the truck, MIG rules for inches per minute.
I will TIG aluminum but if its not for looks, then a spool-gun is my friend.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No point TIG welding stuff that is under the truck, MIG rules for inches per minute.
I will TIG aluminum but if its not for looks, then a spool-gun is my friend.
That can be debated for days depending on size of heat affected zone and different application needed.

my current setup is the Lincoln Square Wave TIG 200 love that machine. only thing i wish i could set my post flow time as 10 seconds is a bit much when I'm just welding carbon steel. gas=$$

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
The drivers side outers should be done tomorrow. I got the main tube (2x2" square) cut to length and the rear kickout welded on. I also got the main round tube bent. Don't really want to disturb the neighbors so I am calling it a night with cutting. Tomorrow evening I will cut the main round tube to length and notch it. It will get welded in as well as the center supports. I'm hoping to have everything except powder coat done on these by this weekend. Not sure if I'll move to the bedrack or the rear bumper next. Part of me wants to do the bed rack for a quick easy win. Part of me wants to move to the rear bumper because I am going to do something that will make some cringe and some green with envy.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Drivers side outers almost done. Two support tubes left to cut, notch and weld. ThenI have to cut brackets, runners from sliders to frame brackets, and gussets. Plan is to have these ready to go to powder coat on Monday and then start the next build. Should I go bed rack for roof top tent, Rear bumper or front bumper next??? Still haven't decided. Driver's side 5th gen ram slider.jpg Mig settings getting close on sliders.jpg Rogue fab and Ram.jpg Sliders being built.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread