5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shifts and Grins Fabrication 2019 Rebel Build Thread

Colosus

Reaction score
Agreed that these would be awesome without the rear kickout. Can't wait for you to start offering.

Last edited:

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Well I've spent over $2100 at the steel yard in the last week. That should get me through a few of the next projects. Here is also a few pictures of the sliders after powder coat.

Attachments

• DS powder coated slider installed front 45ish.jpg
    DS powder coated slider installed front 45ish.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 123
  • DS Powder coated slider installed front view.jpg
    DS Powder coated slider installed front view.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 131
  • DS powder coated slider installed rear view.jpg
    DS powder coated slider installed rear view.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 127
  • DS Poweder coated slider installed low.jpg
    DS Poweder coated slider installed low.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 128

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I will run this set of sliders until I get caught up on on my other prototypes and then I will build version 2.0 with some minor tweaks. I'll also be offering these without the kickout on the rear for people who prefer that. I may offer a similar looking set that bolts to the factory studs on the body for step rails. If I build those they will be built with much lighter materials but will have that rock slider look in a step. Thy would be a good option for someone wanting a lighter and less expensive step that has the look of a slider.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will run this set of sliders until I get caught up on on my other prototypes and then I will build version 2.0 with some minor tweaks. I'll also be offering these without the kickout on the rear for people who prefer that. I may offer a similar looking set that bolts to the factory studs on the body for step rails. If I build those they will be built with much lighter materials but will have that rock slider look in a step. Thy would be a good option for someone wanting a lighter and less expensive step that has the look of a slider.
Sign me up for a pair with out the kickout. I'll do a review on my channel!

Jeeper

Reaction score
Having no prior experience with rock rails, are there advantages/disadvantages to having the kickout?
the kick out serves a purpose (when rock crawling anyways) usually wider wheels and tires are on an offroad vehicle, when off road it allows an object whether it be a large rock or even a tree trunk to slide around the rear tires without getting hung up.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Having no prior experience with rock rails, are there advantages/disadvantages to having the kickout?
@Jeeper is correct. If you are sliding along the slider on an object it helps kick out the rear of the vehicle a little. Some prefer the look and want the functionality others don't like it. It seems to be pretty split in the middle so I will offer it both ways. I built my jig to locate everything inside of the round outer tube. The other tube is easy to locate on the square tube without a jig and allows me the flexibility to offer different outter tube designs.

Fauji Rebel

Reaction score
They look very nice. 👍
Any chance u will be adding a flat step plate on top ?
I find the flat surface gives it a little better place to step and prevents debris kicked by front tires from hitting the doors and keeps the top of the sliders relatively cleaner

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
They look very nice. 👍
Any chance u will be adding a flat step plate on top ?
I find the flat surface gives it a little better place to step and prevents debris kicked by front tires from hitting the doors and keeps the top of the sliders relatively cleaner
Yes that will be an option in the future as well. It will be a flat plate with either laser cut holes/ designs or dimple die holes in it.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I've been asked for some pictures of the underside to see clearance. Here is one. Both sliders attach to the frame with 11 1/2" grade 8 bolts for each side. To say it is sturdy is an understatement. Yesterday I jacked the entire passenger side of the truck off of the ground by the outer round tube with no issues. Now I want to knock out some brackets to mount to the rear receiver hitch that you can bolt the TRX rear tow hooks to before I pull my rear bumper and get started on that portion of the build.

PS Slider Finished Under View.jpg PS Slider Finished Rear View.jpg PS Slider Finished Rear View 2.jpg PS Slider Finished Front View.jpg PS Slider Finished Front View 2.jpg

Boost Monkey

Reaction score
If you build a pre-runner style front bumper that actually looks good, I will be your first customer without a doubt.

The bumpers out there now (pre-runner style) are god awful, starting with that one on the first page of this thread. There is a newish one that just came out as well, and although its better... It's still ugly.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
If you build a pre-runner style front bumper that actually looks good, I will be your first customer without a doubt.

The bumpers out there now (pre-runner style) are god awful, starting with that one on the first page of this thread. There is a newish one that just came out as well, and although its better... It's still ugly.
The front bumper I do will be a hybrid style. It will be a plate center to accept a hidden winch. It will have tube outers. I will build a full plate front bumper and probably do a full tube bumper if there is enough interest.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

I'm not a fan of the Ram one on the first page at all. I do like the Toyota one though. The first front bumper I build will be similar to that and many other offerings similar to that for just about everything except Ram trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread