5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shifter Autocorrect Avtive

BradfordRick

Reaction score
I want to turn off the engine and leave it in Neutral, however the Shifter Autocorrect keeps putting in Park. What to do?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I want to turn off the engine and leave it in Neutral, however the Shifter Autocorrect keeps putting in Park. What to do?
That's because of the AutoPark safety feature. If your truck is equipped with 4WD, then the only way to get around this that I know of is to put it in 4WD Low, which disables AutoPark.
Curious, that are you trying to accomplish?

BradfordRick

Reaction score
My parking brake is sticking abit, so I want to get it up off the ground and turn the wheels by hand to see which side is sticking. ( I tried the 4 wheel low...no help )

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My parking brake is sticking abit, so I want to get it up off the ground and turn the wheels by hand to see which side is sticking. ( I tried the 4 wheel low...no help )
Oh, so did AutoPark still engage in 4WD Low? Interesting. Not sure what else to recommend. Perhaps others will know.
Pls update your signature with your vehicle details so it's easier to help if you have other questions.

Cheers,

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can pull the manual neutral strap under the dash on the left.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
See attached. It is from the manual on how to recreationally tow a 4wd. It is how to get the transfer case in neutral with the transmission in park.

Attachments

• 4 wheel neutral.pdf
    80.9 KB · Views: 18

JustADriver

Reaction score
That's because of the AutoPark safety feature. If your truck is equipped with 4WD, then the only way to get around this that I know of is to put it in 4WD Low, which disables AutoPark.
Curious, that are you trying to accomplish?
do you know how I can turn it off because I accidentally turned my truck off and it stayed stuck at park I tried to turn it to drive but it won't move.

Users who are viewing this thread