5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Electronic Throttle Control Warning

Barthshark

Reaction score
2021 5.7L BigHorn. 2048 miles on it.
All audio inputs are playing with a cut out in every few seconds.
Back up camera currently unavailable message.
Parking sensors are currently unavailable message.
And then to top that, the "Service Electronic Throttle Control" message popped up.
All this within a few minutes.
Anyone else had any of these issues?
Just happened to me today, same symptoms. Tried the fuse to no avail. Going to shop Monday

Bcford18

Reaction score
Good luck. Mine has been in the shop now 6 times. Still no fix. I have a case open with FCA but I feel like they are playing games. Have yet to talk to me about my options for a new vehicle.

mffdvr

Reaction score
"Service Electronic Throttle Control" and "Rear ParkSense Temporarily Unavailable" errors cropped up last week. Took it in today and was informed that Chrysler/Dodge has a Star Case open on it. Nothing is functionally wrong with the vehicle however it requires a software update that they're currently working on, either resulting in a Recall or a TSB. Super frustrated, but I'm hopeful it'll be resolved in short order (months, not likely weeks, I'm sure).

Last edited:

mffdvr

Reaction score
I fixed the problem on my truck. I doubt the fix will be as simple in many of these cases, but for me it was a poor connection with the fuse. The fuse hadn't blown but it was a bit loose and the connection was apparently a bit intermittent. I replaced the fuse and it fit much tighter, and the warning lights went away. Apparently the blades on the fuse were a bit thinner than spec.
Which fuse, specifically? Wonder if I could resolve this myself?? Thanks in advance. (y)

mffdvr

Reaction score
...also, just realized, Remote Start is disabled because of this defect. It starts, but once the diagnostics kick in, after about 4-5 seconds remote start shuts down. :unsure:

FirstRamPace

Reaction score
Make sure you get it on record with your local dealership. The more people bring awareness, the better chance we get this software fixed from Chrysler/Dodge.
3 weeks into owning a brand new 2021 1500 bighorn etorque. Took it to the dealer this week for a "service rear axle differential" warning light and told them that I was also having problems with the throttle. I've almost been t-boned 3 times due to the inch or more of no response and 2-3 second delay between pressing the gas peddle and acceleration. They told me that's normal and that it checked out fine. I just noticed today that the "service electronic throttle control" light comes on at startup, but goes out after a few seconds. It took them three days to figure out that a wire connection had come undone causing the axle warning light. Having serious buyers remorse and missing my 2012 Tundra.

mffdvr

Reaction score
I've got another appointment at a separate dealership tomorrow morning. I figured, the more formal records (and perhaps more importantly another set of mechanic eyes) might help get this addressed. Really a shameful and stupid issue.

"She's pretty, but not very smart." :ROFLMAO: 🙄

mffdvr

Reaction score
Just dropped off the vehicle this morning for a second opinion on the issues we're facing. First question from the service receptionist is "Do you drive w/ two feet?". My response..."Do I look like I'm 75yrs old? Hell no." Seriously...even if I did, that shouldn't flag this damn alert and disable remote start and back-up camera/services. 🙄

mffdvr

Reaction score
UPDATE - Temporary fix has been applied. All warnings eradicated, and rear-camera and remote start back to functional. In short, they applied a reset of the trailer reverse steering control module (pulled the fuse and reset it). Chrysler is aware of the issue and a software fix is forthcoming. In short, take your rig to the dealer and have them apply the fix previously noted above and you'll be good to go in the short-term until a long term (software update) fix is available and applied at a future service opportunity. I'm pleased with the outcome and will know what to do if it flares up again in the near-term.

Last edited:

mffdvr

Reaction score
is this just happening with the 5.7 Hemi e-Torque?
I don't think so...appears some other owners (on page #1) that have reported this may not have eTorque...could be wrong though. Selfishly speaking I hope it's not eTorque specific.

Some product guy in a suit at Chrysler HQ is saying, "Jesus...if those damn eTorque drivers didn't all drive with two feet this wouldn't be a f'ing problem." :ROFLMAO:

mffdvr

Reaction score
Alright. Here's the resolution details on the Service Paperwork...

"Temporary solution to reset trsdcm remove power from the module, this can be done by pulling and reinstalling fuse #53 from the interior pdc".

Rukus7665

Reaction score
Make sure you don't take a road trip... I was driving 70mph on the highway, when my 2020 Ram 5.7L hemi flashed the "service electronic throttle control" warning, then completely shut my truck down. When I got to the side of the road, my coolant was overheated and sprayed all over my engine which evidentially, shorted out my starter. So now, 400 miles from home, been waiting over a week for a starter to come in that wasn't the initial malfunction of my truck to begin with... VERY concerned that they are finally going to get the starter & then not know how to fix the problem that caused the electronic throttle control sensor to go off in the first place.
I can't imagine it'll just be a fuse.😕

n9ne4

Reaction score
Just had this one come up on my 2021 laramie, 7k miles. Sounded like it choked a bit like it had a carb, shut down and drove fine though it threw a message for differential and parking sensors to be serviced. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this? A little ridiculous on a 6 month old vehicle..

n9ne4

Reaction score
Just had this one come up on my 2021 laramie, 7k miles. Sounded like it choked a bit like it had a carb, shut down and drove fine though it threw a message for differential and parking sensors to be serviced. Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this? A little ridiculous on a 6 month old vehicle..
Has gone away for the time being, left a CEL all last night with no noticeable effects.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Make sure you don't take a road trip... I was driving 70mph on the highway, when my 2020 Ram 5.7L hemi flashed the "service electronic throttle control" warning, then completely shut my truck down. When I got to the side of the road, my coolant was overheated and sprayed all over my engine which evidentially, shorted out my starter. So now, 400 miles from home, been waiting over a week for a starter to come in that wasn't the initial malfunction of my truck to begin with... VERY concerned that they are finally going to get the starter & then not know how to fix the problem that caused the electronic throttle control sensor to go off in the first place.
I can't imagine it'll just be a fuse.😕

Im doubting coolant shorted your starter. Given its position (for the last 100 years on all cars) it'll get wet from water on the road, raining ect. I'd be concerned/curious as to why coolant sprayed everywhere and the truck was overheated as the cooling fan nor the grill shutters are needed at highway speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread