5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat fan doesn't blow hard enough.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be under warranty. I'd bet they say nothing is wrong. But you have to keep at them to fix it.

I plan on keeping on them about it even though the fan works. I'm not fond of the dealership for work so if all else fails I'll go back to my original dealer an hour away. I will make sure to bring a piece of paper with to test if fixed or not.

NOTE: I did call a different dealership to get an appointment with them next week compared to 2 weeks. I'll keep them both just to be on the safe side. @RamCares if your watching and want to make note.

Last edited:

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I plan on keeping on them about it even though the fan works. I'm not fond of the dealership for work so if all else fails I'll go back to my original dealer an hour away. I will make sure to bring a piece of paper with to test if fixed or not.
It's possible the seat back isn't perforated correctly/at all or the incorrect piece of padding is in between fan and seat. So even if the fan is working it won't accomplish anything.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
@mikeru82 I did pull the back of the seat off just enough on both to see the back fan and compare. The fan on both are going but just no suction on the Driver side compared to the passenger side. I'm curious if this a warranty item or not?
This should definitely be covered under warranty. Hopefully your dealership will work with you on this. You might also get @RamCares involved. Please keep us updated on how it works out for you.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @Snofire,

We're sorry to hear about your fan concerns and would love to offer up our added support throughout the duration of your dealer appointment. If interested, please send out team a private message with your VIN. Let us know what you decide!

And @mikeru82 thank you for the additional mention and for bringing this to our attention.

Hannah
Ram Cares

dstevens

Reaction score
Vented seats are one option that I wish my Bighorn had.

My wife's Hyundai Santa Fe has them. They are great for summer in Florida.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello @Snofire,

We're sorry to hear about your fan concerns and would love to offer up our added support throughout the duration of your dealer appointment. If interested, please send out team a private message with your VIN. Let us know what you decide!

And @mikeru82 thank you for the additional mention and for bringing this to our attention.

Hannah
Ram Cares
Thank you @RamCares I have sent a message to you.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: So brought to dealer and after about 15 minutes they came out to get me. The Tech tried to tell me that there is only 1 fan that handles the ventilated seat (upper/lower) and it is working fine. I explained to him that there are 2 fans and got the sheet of paper out to show them what was going on. Next they thought it could be something with the lumbar support but showed them on the passenger seat that it shouldn't make a difference. After a few minutes with the tech and the service advisor they agreed something wasn't right. They are going to order a new seat Blatter and a new fan which will hopefully fix the issue. @RamCares

Last edited:

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update on the ventilated seat part swap. A new vent bag and fan were installed in the seat but no difference. Dealership stated they are opening up a Star Report to see what the next steps are going to be taken on this. I have also message @RamCares about this as well.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My seat fans work awesome. It's 95° today 🤬 and I had to turn them down on the drive from the airport to my house (40 minutes). Mine work much better than my wife's Porsche.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: 4th call my Case manager today. They are now waiting on a rental vehicle to become available then they will take my truck in to be looked at. Haven't said for sure how long it will take or if they are going to swap the seat at all. I'm not pushing this as it isn't a huge deal but just want to get fixed. Otherwise the truck has been great so far.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: Well it has been some time now since I last updated this but didn't go so well. Went to the dealership about 2 weeks ago as they were going to keep the truck and work with Star on it and give me a loaner. The dealership ended up giving the loaner to someone else and they didn't even have the truck more than 30 minutes. So no real testing or anything and a waste of my time.

Come to today I get a call my the dealership to tell me that STAR decided against my case and will be closing it as they said it is working correctly. With that answer I wasn't happy. So I called the case manager and she basically told me there wasn't anything more they could do unless I wanted to take it to a different dealership to get a 2nd opinion. The case manager will now be sending the information to the other dealership and now I need to schedule time with them and drive almost 2hrs away to them. @RamCares - What other options do we have here? To pay this much for a truck to it basically not work is a joke and makes me want to sell it now. People will see this and could sway them away from this. Not happy by any means.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same issue on the driver’s seat and my dealer told me they’re going to start by replacing the motor. Hopefully that fixes it.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same issue on the driver’s seat and my dealer told me they’re going to start by replacing the motor. Hopefully that fixes it.

They replaced the airbag and the motor. Made no difference. That's why a STAR case was going to be opened to investigate it further but they never had the truck longer than 30 minutes to really diagnose the actual problem.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They replaced the airbag and the motor. Made no difference. That's why a STAR case was going to be opened to investigate it further but they never had the truck longer than 30 minutes to really diagnose the actual problem.
That pretty much sounds like what happened with me except someone literally stuck their hand under each seat to compare and said “driver’s seat motor has a problem”. If it wasn’t under warranty I would argue more about their troubleshooting techniques.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are 2 fans/bags on the seats. 1 upper and 1 lower. The lower works fine the upper you don't feel really anything (the fan does work).

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are 2 fans/bags on the seats. 1 upper and 1 lower. The lower works fine the upper you don't feel really anything (the fan does work).
Yep, I saw that also in the diagrams of my model year. I can’t imagine it’s different for ‘19 and ‘20.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can feel mine better on the upper section. Maybe if I were to wear shorts I'd feel the bottom section more.

dannymcd

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced their seats go from so cold it causes you back to cramp up to barely works even after being on with remote start because mine is like a box of chocolate 😂

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced their seats go from so cold it causes you back to cramp up to barely works even after being on with remote start because mine is like a box of chocolate 😂
The seats just pull cab air into them. If the air in the cab is warm they will not feel as cool as they do when the air in the cab is cool. There is no active cooling in the seats themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread