5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seat fan doesn't blow hard enough.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's the way it is on most of them. I think it is more about keeping the seat cool, then anything. But, it would be nice for them to blow harder.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Agreed they are weak at best. Was in a Ford last year and the vented seats blew these out of the water.

speedracernc

Reaction score
Agreed they are weak at best. Was in a Ford last year and the vented seats blew these out of the water.
I had a 2015 F150 and the ventilated seats were terrible. There was member on the forum who 3d printed devices to help which did mildly help. There was a TSB for them overheating. By far the Ram is much better than Ford's seats.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I just bought a Limited last week, let me tell you, compared to my 19 LTZ Silverado these seats are great. I think GM has the worst vented seats on the market.
Tom

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just bought a Limited last week, let me tell you, compared to my 19 LTZ Silverado these seats are great. I think GM has the worst vented seats on the market.
Tom
Well I've never owned or even tried any other brand vehicle with ventilated seats, but I'm very satisfied with the seats in my Limited.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
I had a 2015 F150 and the ventilated seats were terrible. There was member on the forum who 3d printed devices to help which did mildly help. There was a TSB for them overheating. By far the Ram is much better than Ford's seats.

Interesting, the one I rented was a 2018 expedition. The vented seats were amazing.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting, the one I rented was a 2018 expedition. The vented seats were amazing.
Y'all know someone could get the wrong idea with this conversation. "My butt cooler/heater doesn't blow hard enough/is amazing/blows too hard. What's amazing is what we all complain about.😂🤣

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The bottom of the seat will feel cool but the back of the seat does nothing. GM Seats for ventilating on ones I've test drove were much better than this. Completely underwhelming in my opinion.

Wish there was a bigger fan or something that could be swapped out to help with this.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The bottom of the seat will feel cool but the back of the seat does nothing. GM Seats for ventilating on ones I've test drove were much better than this. Completely underwhelming in my opinion.

Wish there was a bigger fan or something that could be swapped out to help with this.
Maybe there's something wrong with yours because mine definitely have ventilation in the seat bottom and seat back. Try turning them on high and see if a piece of paper will stay on the seat back from the suction. I'd post a pic but I didn't drive my truck to work today.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe there's something wrong with yours because mine definitely have ventilation in the seat bottom and seat back. Try turning them on high and see if a piece of paper will stay on the seat back from the suction. I'd post a pic but I didn't drive my truck to work today.

I know what you are asking. Passenger seat the paper sticks and I can feel it on that one but on the Driver seat there is nothing and paper doesn't stick.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@mikeru82 I did pull the back of the seat off just enough on both to see the back fan and compare. The fan on both are going but just no suction on the Driver side compared to the passenger side. I'm curious if this a warranty item or not?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@mikeru82 I did pull the back of the seat off just enough on both to see the back fan and compare. The fan on both are going but just no suction on the Driver side compared to the passenger side. I'm curious if this a warranty item or not?
Should be under warranty. I'd bet they say nothing is wrong. But you have to keep at them to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread