5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running Boards/Step Rails for the 2019s

Creep0321

Reaction score
Indeed - installed them myself with a pair of rhino ramps under one side at a time (crawl up in 4Lo, otherwise ramps will skitter away).

Installation tip (for any set of boards) - a thread chaser/cutter would make life much easier to clean the studs (as they have stray paint layered on them from manufacturing). That said, just put the bolt on/off a few threads at a time to clean the threads and it worked fine.

Bought at CarID for ~350 (when a rebate was available)
Already have the die cutter in order! How hard do you think it would be to do it without ramps? Trying to do this at my fathers house, where I’m picking up the truck after I get back to the states.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
Already have the die cutter in order! How hard do you think it would be to do it without ramps? Trying to do this at my fathers house, where I’m picking up the truck after I get back to the states.

My truck is identical to your signature. It was pretty easy just laying on the floor. I broke down the box the boards came in to lay on. There are no obstructions under there that you have to work around.

Chasing the threads takes a lot longer than installing the boards. You can turn the tap by hand, but not 18 times (at least I couldn't). I used a ratchet once I got it started, but it was a PITA too because there was barely enough resistance to cycle the ratchet.

smiles5619

Reaction score
I got the Ram Off road edition side steps installed. I'm gonna be honest, I'm not liking the look at all. I know they won't stay on, it looks too SUV style to me. Gonna have to find a tubular running board IMG_20190302_1405429.jpg IMG_20190302_1405231.jpg

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Thanks schoon85 for taking the additional pics!!!!

Sweet!!! That first pic's the side pic I was looking for to view how they taper off at the ends!!!

I like them!!!

Creep0321

Reaction score
Indeed - installed them myself with a pair of rhino ramps under one side at a time (crawl up in 4Lo, otherwise ramps will skitter away).

Installation tip (for any set of boards) - a thread chaser/cutter would make life much easier to clean the studs (as they have stray paint layered on them from manufacturing). That said, just put the bolt on/off a few threads at a time to clean the threads and it worked fine.

Bought at CarID for ~350 (when a rebate was available)
They definitely look like they tuck in tight, which I like looks wise, but do you have any chipping on your rear fenders? or are these providing good protection for that?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized you dont have painted rear fenders = Rebel. Do you THINK they would provide good protection to the rear fenders?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you THINK they would provide good protection to the rear fenders?

I'll have to take a better look at the mudspray when I go out today to show where they block road kickup; i only have the spats (not full flaps) and iirc the steps did little to block splash up from the ground

Creep0321

Reaction score
I'll have to take a better look at the mudspray when I go out today to show where they block road kickup; i only have the spats (not full flaps) and iirc the steps did little to block splash up from the ground
Thanks for looking, i pan on adding a set of weather-tech mudflaps as well.

SacRebel

Reaction score
How much consideration are you guys taking of the mounting hardware into account? Some of these brackets look kinda flimsy..even though I'm sure they're not.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much consideration are you guys taking of the mounting hardware into account? Some of these brackets look kinda flimsy..even though I'm sure they're not.

I'd never installed steps before and was always curious how, when mounted at that angle, any bracket could be mounted without flex - those Dominator D6 steps are pretty clever; the backplate which is receiving the studs is mounted in a channel in the step and the bracket is a solid, gusseted 90, 1/4" plate. I think jumping on the steps is flexing the pinch weld of the body more than anything. Surprisingly strong

Creep0321

Reaction score
I'd never installed steps before and was always curious how, when mounted at that angle, any bracket could be mounted without flex - those Dominator D6 steps are pretty clever; the backplate which is receiving the studs is mounted in a channel in the step and the bracket is a solid, gusseted 90, 1/4" plate. I think jumping on the steps is flexing the pinch weld of the body more than anything. Surprisingly strong
I ordered the Dominators.... 420 after shipping to FL and 10% Military discount, also Carid.

19Jake

Reaction score
MOPAR matte black
extruded aluminum with plastic end caps/step pads/bracket protectors
20 min install...9 nuts per side...NO thread chasing required
protection, function & style with OEM quality & durability
perfect match for REBEL matte black bumpers & trim
got 'em
FREE @ www.chrysler.ca/en/autoability
IMG_2682.JPG IMG_2683.JPG IMG_2684.JPG IMG_2685.JPG IMG_2686.JPG IMG_2689.JPG IMG_2708.JPG

Last edited:

cmdr bobert

Reaction score

Curious...where did you find them? I've been looking high and low to no avail. Called my local dealership - said Mopar's system showed a significant backlog...basically if they expedited, I could *hope* to get them in late April. Sounds like they're not up to capacity on these. Dealers far away who have them won't sell them because their cost to ship is too much (hundreds).

I fear for my doors in parking lots so ordered the Westin R5s, but like the look of these OEMs better.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I'm going with the Westin Pro Traxx 5. I like that classic look slightly modernized a lot. Should have a nice solid step for my wife also. Order placed.

acat

Reaction score

witchdocto12

Reaction score
Steel Craft STX600 from americantrucks.com

9a1b058c7f1155e62ee5dfeae100c938.jpg
d97b8697860054b53eaaa5fa35578800.jpg
2c63da7b73a42491a5fd68ce517a1226.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread