5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running boards for 2022 Rams

pstet

Reaction score
I just got my 2022 1500. It's a crew cab Laramie with a 5'7'' bed. I want to add some running boards.

A lot of websites like realtruck or runningboardwarehouse have options to Filter running boards specific to your trim or model. It looks like many parts aren't updated yet on these sites to show they'll fit a 2022. If i buy running boards that fit a 2021 1500 crew cab 5'7'' bed, will they fit my 2022 truck?

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
almost certainly. Go to mopar.com and look up the part numbers for a 21 and a 22. If they're the same then thats a pretty solid indication that aftermarkets will follow suit.

llando88

Reaction score
Also in the market for running boards. I just bought a 2021 BH Crew 5'7" bed.

I would like a set of these (I assume OEM) as shown below on this '22 Laramie I saw a picture of on a dealer lot local to me. Reason being I had the same set on my 2016 Ram 2500, and they work very well for my wife and I.

Does anyone know where I can find the Mopar part no. of these? I have been on the Mopar store and they list quite a few running boards, but the attached images are very very basic, and don't, really, show which one is which.

I may end up going to the dealer lot and locating a truck, then ask the parts dept. if they can order me a set.

An alternative is aftermarket, but I don't see a lot of options for OEM-look stainless with black caps and pads, as per the Mopar part.

Thanks in advance.

Laramie_Running_Boards.jpg

llando88

Reaction score
Thought I would try and keep this thread updated with what I found out so far.

I went through the Mopar store and looked at each part no. for "Running Boards" for a 2021 1500 Crew Cab. I took each part no. and sourced it from another site using a search, where possible.

I believe I found what I am looking for. The Mopar Part No. is 82215300AB. A search of suppliers led me to the link below. I'm going to go to my local dealer here in Sarasota to try and confirm this set is this part no. and see what they would charge to order one.

Re: install, I had a look under the truck at the existing set of bars I have and it looks fairly straightforward to R/R. 9 nuts on each side, 3 brackets seems easy enough, unless I'm missing something. I'll try and find a torque figure but it can't be a huge amount.

Part Number_82215300AB.JPG

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thought I would try and keep this thread updated with what I found out so far.

I went through the Mopar store and looked at each part no. for "Running Boards" for a 2021 1500 Crew Cab. I took each part no. and sourced it from another site using a search, where possible.

I believe I found what I am looking for. The Mopar Part No. is 82215300AB. A search of suppliers led me to the link below. I'm going to go to my local dealer here in Sarasota to try and confirm this set is this part no. and see what they would charge to order one.

Re: install, I had a look under the truck at the existing set of bars I have and it looks fairly straightforward to R/R. 9 nuts on each side, 3 brackets seems easy enough, unless I'm missing something. I'll try and find a torque figure but it can't be a huge amount.

View attachment 112711
Under the photo is the installation instructions, click on that and it will bring them up.

Also you may be able to purchase a used set from someone who does not want their set or someone who wants a different style. I purchased a used set that just needed a cleaning for $225, friend purchased his from facebook for a similar price and another member sold his cheap.
Try a Wanted to Buy (WTB) in the purchase sell section on the forum.

I do not know how long you have had your Ram, but there are many options for running boards. Your taste may change after seeing all the options.

Attachments

• Ram Running Board Install Step.PDF
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

llando88

Reaction score
Under the photo is the installation instructions, click on that and it will bring them up.

Also you may be able to purchase a used set from someone who does not want their set or someone who wants a different style. I purchased a used set that just needed a cleaning for $225, friend purchased his from facebook for a similar price and another member sold his cheap.
Try a Wanted to Buy (WTB) in the purchase sell section on the forum.

I do not know how long you have had your Ram, but there are many options for running boards. Your taste may change after seeing all the options.

Much obliged, appreciate the info.

I previously owned a 2016 Ram 2500 Cummins, so I am pretty set on this style for my 21 Ram. Pic of my rig in San Antonio 2017 or so.

pic_trip_16-3.png

Dave08

Reaction score
yes
I just got my 2022 1500. It's a crew cab Laramie with a 5'7'' bed. I want to add some running boards.

A lot of websites like realtruck or runningboardwarehouse have options to Filter running boards specific to your trim or model. It looks like many parts aren't updated yet on these sites to show they'll fit a 2022. If i buy running boards that fit a 2021 1500 crew cab 5'7'' bed, will they fit my 2022 truck?
they will fit your truck, I suggest you should also get a running board that is aesthetically appealing and I found good suggestions here

Users who are viewing this thread