5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Requesting Possible Issue Problem & Resolution Sets - Defrost / Vent Issue - 27 August 2021

gatorthebuckeye

Reaction score
27 August 2021
Requesting Possible Issue Problem & Resolution Sets?

I have a RAM 1500, 5.7, Crew Cab, 2019, with 17000miles. (Yes, still under warrantee, but Service (twice) has not been able to diagnose).

Setting the Stage:
- Air-flow set on re-circulate; vent setting in chest only (NO DEFROST!!!)

The Issue:
- I am getting condensation on my windshield even though I do not have the defrost set to open - (and I know the science behind cooler inside, than outside). The condensation is only at the base of the windshield where the defroster vent would blow onto the glass, not on the wing sides where the side mirrors are...

Additional clues to identifying the problem - recommending solution:
- At times while driving, I hear a sound (in the lower, front passenger floor area; like on the wheel-well / side wall of the cab fuselage) and it's like an vent opening (much like the sound you'd get when you pushed/pulled the cable to open/close the manual vent, in very early model vehicle).
- REMEMBER, the air-flow dial set on re-circulate and vent setting in the chest location only (NO DEFROST IS ON, so no head or feet!!!)

My thoughts before I take it to Service:
- A vehicle computer issue?
- A sensor malfunction?
- A vacuum hose, possibly split or incorrectly routed?

Respectfully,
Frustrated Owner (GatortheBuckeye)

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get same condensation in same place. I also get the same air flow noise out of passenger window vent when driving for more than 20 mins or so with air on high. There is a thread somewhere discussing it. May be a blend door issue. I just live with it. Doesn't happen all the time. Mostly at night or on long trips. I just try to regulate the cabin temp a bit more to minimize condensation. Not interested in getting my truck torn apart for it.

Sorry I don't have answers. There are a few things I think we just have to live with or we will be visiting the dealer an awful lot with no real solutions. I'd rather be driving my truck unless it is something that is completely unacceptable IMO.

Lhart510

Reaction score
27 August 2021
Requesting Possible Issue Problem & Resolution Sets?

I have a RAM 1500, 5.7, Crew Cab, 2019, with 17000miles. (Yes, still under warrantee, but Service (twice) has not been able to diagnose).

Setting the Stage:
- Air-flow set on re-circulate; vent setting in chest only (NO DEFROST!!!)

The Issue:
- I am getting condensation on my windshield even though I do not have the defrost set to open - (and I know the science behind cooler inside, than outside). The condensation is only at the base of the windshield where the defroster vent would blow onto the glass, not on the wing sides where the side mirrors are...

Additional clues to identifying the problem - recommending solution:
- At times while driving, I hear a sound (in the lower, front passenger floor area; like on the wheel-well / side wall of the cab fuselage) and it's like an vent opening (much like the sound you'd get when you pushed/pulled the cable to open/close the manual vent, in very early model vehicle).
- REMEMBER, the air-flow dial set on re-circulate and vent setting in the chest location only (NO DEFROST IS ON, so no head or feet!!!)

My thoughts before I take it to Service:
- A vehicle computer issue?
- A sensor malfunction?
- A vacuum hose, possibly split or incorrectly routed?

Respectfully,
Frustrated Owner (GatortheBuckeye)
What was the diagnoses ? I am experiencing the same thing. Just I have a weird smell coming from my air . Changed cabin air filter still same smell and condensation on front window shield . Any ideas of what’s going on?

van35

Reaction score
Experiencing the same issue with my '21 Limited 1500. Did anyone ever figure this out?

Ratchet

Reaction score
I've got the recirc door noise, but no windshield condensation. Add that one to the basket.

Users who are viewing this thread