5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

TLOC

Reaction score
So my best bros 2nd home is a 5 bdrm 5 bath beach house in NMB, SC and invites us down about 7-10 times a yr. Went down this past weekend to repair a fence that had partially blown over from the windy day we had about 2 weeks ago. Long story short I pulled up in the Ram to park underneath the house where I've been parking the Frontier for the last 9 yrs and the F@#KIN mirrors are to wide!!!:mad:(n):mad::mad: Well, kind of bought this truck prematurely and knew it had the tow mirrors that were non-folding and was almost a deal breaker, REALLY wish I had now, and to top it off when he found out I traded my 2010 Frontier crewcab SE V6 4x4, 50k miles, he was pissed!!! Said he would have gave me $15k for it:mad::mad::mad:, super extra pissed, said I knew he wanted it...:oops::sick:
Got to have the power fold now damn it!!! Sorry for the rant fellas...but this mirror issue SUCKS!!!

Last edited:

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
So my best bros 2nd home is a 5 bdrm 5 bath beach house in NMB, SC and invites us down about 7-10 times a yr. Went down this past weekend to repair a fence that had partially blown over from the windy day we had about 2 weeks ago. Long story short I pulled up in the Ram to park underneath the house where I've been parking the Frontier for the last 9 yrs and the F@#KIN mirrors are to wide!!!:mad:(n):mad::mad: Well, kind of bought this truck prematurely and knew it had the tow mirrors that were non-folding and was almost a deal breaker, REALLY wish I had now, and to top it off when he found out I traded my 2010 Frontier crewcab SE V6 4x4, 50k miles, he was pissed!!! Said he would have gave me $15k for it:mad::mad::mad:, super extra pissed, said I knew he wanted it...:oops::sick:
Got to have the power fold now damn it!!! Sorry for the rant fellas...but this mirror issue SUCKS!!!
Haha....glad to have you in the club! They have to be swapped...just the way it is. I tow horse trailer with normal mirrors...even towing is better without tow mirrors.

TLOC

Reaction score
mirror black diamond pearl body color
w/heat
w/dimming
w/bsm
w/power adjustable
w/power folding

Order Contents:
P/N​
Quantity​
Price EA​
Description​
5ZK44KXJAG​
$ 315.00​
MIRROR. Outside Rearview. Right.
5ZK45KXJAG​
$ 315.00​
MIRROR. Outside Rearview. Left.
Order Summary:

2 products , 2 items​
$ 630.00​
Shipping & Handling to CA, USA​
$ 34.95​
Total​
$ 664.95​

switch and door module

jHYa8mgdrzm9V0e62Lby1uf-ZUP7NaZKs8hsSrI7VjjVh1KJFvfZ2GKH6Zz2kWMNGxQvJgX8C9Qdo9tfWZe5k7L_gxVfB8p7P-vC7J35CfPZYDtFagBONF7N7mtUYmGRFyBzONSKzVnC35tV5cDGai16evP7Ypt8C2s=s0-d-e1-ft

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
68262252AC​
Window Switch​
$77.33​
1​
$77.33​
68424179AA​
Module​
$63.20​
1​
$63.20​
68424178AA​
Module​
$63.03​
1​
$63.03​
Subtotal: $203.56​
Estimated Standard Shipping: $25.09​
Total: $228.65​

and you also need obd genie & bypass module $269.98 (you can ask 10% d/c seller)

I bought two used mirrors on eBay
Both of them had broken power folding gears.
So I bought a new one
If you buy all the parts mentioned above, it will cost you about 1100 ~ 1200.
good luck
Hey royP, do these mirrors have the puddle lights? Thanks...Tony in NC

Rich51

Reaction score
Hey all, I finally decided to buy all the parts and went with the Tazer DT for auto fold capability and other functions. For some reason even when I enable auto fold on the TazerDT they don't fold.
I bought the mirrors:
68276502AC
68276503AC
and modules:
68424179AB
68424178AB
and the door switch. Has anyone had this issue or did I get a wrong part? Only other thing I can think is either have dealer add the code or the OBD Genie. just want to make sure I have the right parts first but after reading and rereading this forum think I have the right parts.

Any help would be great.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all, I finally decided to buy all the parts and went with the Tazer DT for auto fold capability and other functions. For some reason even when I enable auto fold on the TazerDT they don't fold.
I bought the mirrors:
68276502AC
68276503AC
and modules:
68424179AB
68424178AB
and the door switch. Has anyone had this issue or did I get a wrong part? Only other thing I can think is either have dealer add the code or the OBD Genie. just want to make sure I have the right parts first but after reading and rereading this forum think I have the right parts.

Any help would be great.

"Without towing mirrors, with blind spot, without surround view, unpainted, black molded."

Doesn't have power fold. The right one will say with power fold.

kjn86

Reaction score
I bought the mirrors:
68276502AC
68276503AC
and modules:
68424179AB
68424178AB

Any help would be great.

Dealer can't enable these features anyway. Would have need ODB Genie if you can't get Tazer to work. Dealer can only enable things that come as a package and folding mirrors isn't a package or upgrade.

kjn86

Reaction score
"Without towing mirrors, with blind spot, without surround view, unpainted, black molded."

Doesn't have power fold. The right one will say with power fold.

I don't think this is correct. He got the same mirrors I have and I verified those were the factory replacements one for a Rebel without tow mirrors, and they only come with the power folding mirrors. I personally have not tried to enable power fold, so I can't personally verify. I would bet whatever I paid for them that they have power fold.

Post #321 has the mirrors he bought, which do have power fold and they also do NOT say power fold in the description.

It says this on the Libery Chrysler website also, same as Rich51's mirrors (and mine) say.
PRODUCT DETAILS
  • Positions:Left, Front Left
  • Other Names:Door Mirror, Mirror-Outside Rear-View
  • Description:
    Without towing mirrors, with blind spot, without surround view, unpainted, chrome.

I think Rich51 has the right mirrors but maybe needs to get Tazer configured right or try ODBGenie.

Snowman039

Reaction score
Thanks for this thread. Long time lurker, first time poster. Coming from a 2014 sport with non power folding mirrors I told myself a new truck must have power folding mirrors or it was a deal breaker. So much for that! I purchased a 2019 Limited with non power folding mirrors about a year ago and have regretted it since. That changes this week. I ordered used power folding mirrors from Ebay, doors modules, switch panel and OBDgenie. Mirrors came today and look perfect. Hopefully installing this weekend.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread. Long time lurker, first time poster. Coming from a 2014 sport with non power folding mirrors I told myself a new truck must have power folding mirrors or it was a deal breaker. So much for that! I purchased a 2019 Limited with non power folding mirrors about a year ago and have regretted it since. That changes this week. I ordered used power folding mirrors from Ebay, doors modules, switch panel and OBDgenie. Mirrors came today and look perfect. Hopefully installing this weekend.
Post up here as you do it, there will be people following it!

Rich51

Reaction score
I don't think this is correct. He got the same mirrors I have and I verified those were the factory replacements one for a Rebel without tow mirrors, and they only come with the power folding mirrors. I personally have not tried to enable power fold, so I can't personally verify. I would bet whatever I paid for them that they have power fold.

Post #321 has the mirrors he bought, which do have power fold and they also do NOT say power fold in the description.

It says this on the Libery Chrysler website also, same as Rich51's mirrors (and mine) say.
PRODUCT DETAILS
  • Positions:Left, Front Left
  • Other Names:Door Mirror, Mirror-Outside Rear-View
  • Description:
    Without towing mirrors, with blind spot, without surround view, unpainted, chrome.

I think Rich51 has the right mirrors but maybe needs to get Tazer configured right or try ODBGenie.
Thank you all for the information I have ordered the OBDGenie so will soon find out and let everyone know. I like this forum for all the information and help members give.

Snowman039

Reaction score

Everything works and was fairly easy to do. Had two issues; On the driver side door panel I accidentally broke off the plastic molding that holds the door opening interior handle wire, ordered a replacement and just need to install it. Second issue, Driver side mirror I purchased from Ebay (Used) was non-functional, Seller was great to work with and sent a replacement. After installing the Mirrors and replacing door module and door switch module., I coded the truck with OBDgenie, only took about a minute to program. Be for warned the OBDgenie and bypass module does not come with instructions. For the life of me, I could not figure out where the hell the bypass module went, finally found it on youtube. It's great to have power folding mirrors that should have already came with a Limited model.

Rich51

Reaction score
My OBDgenie came in and I was able to install, everything works now. I have only one issue in that the mirrors when folding out attempt to fold out a second time before stopping. not sure if the mirrors have an issue or something with OBDgenie.

jk2019 ram

Reaction score
I too have a 2019 Ram bighorn with disappointing tow mirrors. I response to those who believe it was solely the buyers responsibility, I looked closely at the on-line build site as well as the window sticker. Nowhere does it state that these tow mirrors were not heated. Both places did state that the mirrors are manual fold. On the web site they lead you to the build site, but buried is the link to the brochures which are no longer printed or available at dealerships. In the back of the brochure it lists 6 mirrors. All but one state "power, heated," in the description. The other one is the black tow mirror. It's description is simply missing the word "heated". That is the only place where one might have a pause to wonder if the mirrors may not be heated. That is one small word in the middle of a lot of fine print that is easily over looked. Further, nowhere on the build site or window stickers for the higher trim level trucks does it state that the tow mirrors are heated yet they are. Honestly, there is no obvious or reasonable indication that these mirrors are not heated. In fact I learned about it from this forum about two weeks ago. I took delivery in November and I have 2,000 miles on the truck. I have not driven it on a snow day or a day that required defrosters yet. I could have bought the cheapest stripped down truck they make and I would have heated mirrors. I think this omission is FCA's mistake. I think this mistake was simply a rush to market. If the build site and or the window sticker stated non-heated mirrors like it states manual fold we would have known and would have no argument.

I think FCA should create a campaign to upgrade these mirrors to heated because non-heated towing mirrors are a safety issue. With a trailer on there is no option to look out the back window when the mirrors are fogged up or frozen over. New glass, new modules, and a re-flash would be simple for FCA to do, these parts are already in inventory. My truck is replacing a 2003 2500 Ram with black heated tow mirrors which I purchased new. I bought a new 39Ft travel trailer and this truck to tow it. I don't know what I will do if the mirrors fog up while towing. I may not be able to safely change lanes or get off the road.

For those who have the chrome heated tow mirrors, are the spotter mirrors also heated?

For those with the standard mirrors (without blind spot), how do they work in towing situations? Can you adequately see around a large enclosed trailer or RV? Does the heater also heat the spotter portion of the glass? Does the spotter move with the main glass or is it adjusted separately like the tow mirrors?

Many of you are much further along than I am. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ryanJ

Reaction score
I just purchased some power folding mirrors off of Ebay along with the door switch panel and the L&R modules.

My Truck was Level 2 equipped, will I still need to but a programmer to activate the mirror fold? I've read that I will, I've read that I won't and Iv'e read that I might.

Wondering if someone in the same boat has been through this already. Thanks

Snowman039

Reaction score
I just purchased some power folding mirrors off of Ebay along with the door switch panel and the L&R modules.

My Truck was Level 2 equipped, will I still need to but a programmer to activate the mirror fold? I've read that I will, I've read that I won't and Iv'e read that I might.

Wondering if someone in the same boat has been through this already. Thanks
Yes, you will still need a programmer and security bypass if your truck did not previously had power folding mirrors. OBDgenie worked great for me.

ryanJ

Reaction score
Programmer and security bypass, assuming this refers to the OBD and the bypass module that goes for about 270. Are there any other options besides the OBD, I see that tazer DT has the power fold option but I’m not sure if that gives the truck capability or if is just does the auto fold/open options. Thanks

lrobbi

Reaction score
Programmer and security bypass, assuming this refers to the OBD and the bypass module that goes for about 270. Are there any other options besides the OBD, I see that tazer DT has the power fold option but I’m not sure if that gives the truck capability or if is just does the auto fold/open options. Thanks

Tazor only gives you the fold/open option when you start the engine and when you shut off the engine. OBD Genie does the programing for the mirrors.

Snowman039

Reaction score
Been very pleased with the new power folding mirrors. Anyone interested in 2019 OEM tow mirrors with chrome caps, blind spot, heated ?

Users who are viewing this thread