5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

Marky Mark

Reaction score
I priced it out at another online Mopar dealer, and came up even with a better priced delivered. It however said that part number for mirrors was replaced with 68276506AF & 68276507AF

Mirror Parts.png

notqwik

Reaction score
Point of the last couple of posts are ....."What is infotainment adding worth >$500?" I can see a service charge to order the right parts, but $500?? wtf.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
You will also need the genie...
Thanks brother. I'm going the Tazer route, instead of Genie, as the developer of theTazer always hooks me up on price from my past Mopar vehicles, which will enable them, and the couple other things I mentioned above.

And for what it's worth. I got an even better price and ordered this morning from another online place. I went color matched also, instead of chrome.

notqwik

Reaction score
Thanks brother. I'm going the Tazer route, instead of Genie, as the developer of theTazer always hooks me up on price from my past Mopar vehicles, which will enable them, and the couple other things I mentioned above.

And for what it's worth. I got an even better price and ordered this morning from another online place. I went color matched also, instead of chrome.
vendor please.

sauroang

Reaction score
Point of the last couple of posts are ....."What is infotainment adding worth >$500?" I can see a service charge to order the right parts, but $500?? wtf.

Where did you get the $1799 price from? My infotainment kit was $1399.

notqwik

Reaction score
Where did you get the $1799 price from? My infotainment kit was $1399.
base price is $1399 - add chrome mirrors and BSM (blind spot monitoring), price jumps to $1799. Assuming 10% discount, minus $179. But then you have to add shipping back in.

sauroang

Reaction score
base price is $1399 - add chrome mirrors and BSM (blind spot monitoring), price jumps to $1799. Assuming 10% discount, minus $179. But then you have to add shipping back in.

Ah gotcha. I didn’t go with the chrome and didn’t have BSM...although I didn’t have heat on my toe mirrors, but that feature is now working on the new ones...so I wonder if BSM would work also...

sauroang

Reaction score
Good news! I did another CAN-bus reset, and the OBDGenie still showed a red light after plugging in, but this time the mirrors fold!

kjn86

Reaction score
Does anyone have the part numbers for a flat black (not diamond crystal, just black like the Rebels have) mirrors that have BSM? I can't find anything that will show a photo and don't want chrome. Thanks.

notqwik

Reaction score
Does anyone have the part numbers for a flat black (not diamond crystal, just black like the Rebels have) mirrors that have BSM? I can't find anything that will show a photo and don't want chrome. Thanks.

Need to start collecting the part numbers in one place (maybe a sticky) for people trying to order these mirrors - if you want flat black/bsm/heated, black/bsm/noheat, chrome/bsm/heat, chome/bsm/noheat.

Would be nice for the next guy not to have to wade through 300ish posts to find the info he's looking for.

jmo

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Need to start collecting the part numbers in one place (maybe a sticky) for people trying to order these mirrors - if you want flat black/bsm/heated, black/bsm/noheat, chrome/bsm/heat, chome/bsm/noheat.

Would be nice for the next guy not to have to wade through 300ish posts to find the info he's looking for.

jmo
For sure!

kjn86

Reaction score

When you go to this page and type in your vehicle (2019 Rebel for example) it shows only two mirrors, both tow mirrors. If you search part numbers as outlined earlier (which you have to just know), it shows mirrors with no photo and zero details. This is asinine. Further annoying is the picture they show for one of the tow mirrors aren't actually tow mirrors. See https://parts.libertychryslerjeepdo...xNTAwJnk9MjAxOSZ0PXJlYmVsJmU9NS03bC12OC1nYXM=. It also isn't clear which of the tow mirrors you'd want since they are two part numbers with no clarity as to what the difference is, so even if you wanted tow mirrors, you would be confused.

This is how all Mopar parts websites are. It's like it's 1997. You have to have a secret code to unlock the right products. I can't express my frustration any more through a keyboard. Am I wrong?

kjn86

Reaction score
One more: This looks like the mirror I want (black, w/BSM): https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-DODGE...781459?hash=item3d9241a813:g:iqkAAOSwvE1dZ~4C. Don't care about power folding. I just want to retain BSM and have the regular mirrors. Can anyone verify this?

Now, if I take that photo and use the part number on it (5ZK44KXJAC) I can find parts that match such as https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-mirror-outside-rear-view-5zk44kxjag. God forbid they actually describe the mirror (black, turn signal w/BSM), but my assumption based on the price is this mirror doesn't have power folding, which I don't care about.

Can anybody confirm any of these assumptions? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread