5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

Jamesontf

Reaction score
It took about 2 weeks for me to get the mirrors from infotainment. Got everything correct except the genie. So everything works but the power folding. Glad I’m not having the same experience every one else is. I called infotainment to get the genie and was told they would take my number and call back!

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
I've honestly lost track of how many times I've called, emailed, chatted, mind melded, etc. with them over the order. The last update I received at the end of last week was the mirrors are supposed to ship this week. They did end up issuing a small credit back to my account for all the delays, which was appreciated, but all I'd like at this point is for the mirrors to ship. Thanks for the offer on the part numbers and I'll let you know if I need them shortly.

Just a small update for those of you who are still waiting for mirrors, or those who have recently placed an order and are expecting them to ship quickly. I just received notification yesterday that the mirrors (ordered the first week of December mind you) have FINALLY shipped and tracking shows them due to arrive this Friday. Fingers crossed they shipped the correct ones, along with all the correct components. :cautious:

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Just a small update for those of you who are still waiting for mirrors, or those who have recently placed an order and are expecting them to ship quickly. I just received notification yesterday that the mirrors (ordered the first week of December mind you) have FINALLY shipped and tracking shows them due to arrive this Friday. Fingers crossed they shipped the correct ones, along with all the correct components. :cautious:
:unsure: Sure hope so...good luck:unsure:

Mike S

Reaction score
I received two shipping notices for my order placed last week. Fed ex package shows being delivered 2/20. Package is 20 lbs so I assume this shipment is the mirrors. I also received a USPS ship notification today for a priority shipment shipping tomorrow the 19th. So fingers crossed everything is shipped and everything is correct.

lasstss

Reaction score
I received two shipping notices for my order placed last week. Fed ex package shows being delivered 2/20. Package is 20 lbs so I assume this shipment is the mirrors. I also received a USPS ship notification today for a priority shipment shipping tomorrow the 19th. So fingers crossed everything is shipped and everything is correct.
Good luck, hopefully all of the pieces are there.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score

Here's some good news... While the box due "Friday" didn't actually show until Tuesday, it did have both mirrors, the door switch, and the other missing components needed to do the install:

1550667682594.png

Weather and time permitting, I'll make the swap this weekend... :cool:

SamCooper

Reaction score
It took about 3 weeks for me to get everything. The OBDGenie showed up within a week, the mirrors and other parts about 3 weeks after ordering.

I got them installed yesterday and everything works as it should. Mirrors fold in and out, dim correctly, puddle lights and blind spot works fine. Haven't tried the defrost yet.

I hated that I lost so many features because of the tow package, but it was hard to find the truck with all the features that I wanted and I couldn't wait to order one. This kit made up for most of what I lost out on, except the 360 camera. I'm happy with it, just wish it were a little cheaper.

Brandon982

Reaction score
It took about 3 weeks for me to get everything. The OBDGenie showed up within a week, the mirrors and other parts about 3 weeks after ordering.

I got them installed yesterday and everything works as it should. Mirrors fold in and out, dim correctly, puddle lights and blind spot works fine. Haven't tried the defrost yet.

I hated that I lost so many features because of the tow package, but it was hard to find the truck with all the features that I wanted and I couldn't wait to order one. This kit made up for most of what I lost out on, except the 360 camera. I'm happy with it, just wish it were a little cheaper.

You have a old vs new comparison for us? :) I'd love to see it. I'm thinking about doing it on my Limited just waiting on prices to drop a bit.

Mike S

Reaction score
Kudos to Seth at infotainment. I received the mirrors, door modules and new door switch a week after ordering. All parts look correct but one mirror was damaged. I received the genie and bypass one day later. So very timely. I reached out to infotainment about the damaged mirror. Seth commented that they have received a few of these complaints and they were working with their supplier to resolve. I sent a bunch of photos of the mirror and how the mirror was packed and boxed. Then I shipped damaged mirror back after getting a shipping label. In parallel, Seth shipped me a new mirror which arrived today - only two days after contacting infotainment. I am pretty impressed with the turn around and customer support. Now I need to find time to install - hopefully next weekend.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Kudos to Seth at infotainment. I received the mirrors, door modules and new door switch a week after ordering. All parts look correct but one mirror was damaged. I received the genie and bypass one day later. So very timely. I reached out to infotainment about the damaged mirror. Seth commented that they have received a few of these complaints and they were working with their supplier to resolve. I sent a bunch of photos of the mirror and how the mirror was packed and boxed. Then I shipped damaged mirror back after getting a shipping label. In parallel, Seth shipped me a new mirror which arrived today - only two days after contacting infotainment. I am pretty impressed with the turn around and customer support. Now I need to find time to install - hopefully next weekend.
Good to hear that they are getting it together so not a long wait as it was for us early guys. You will be happy with new mirrors.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Here's some good news... While the box due "Friday" didn't actually show until Tuesday, it did have both mirrors, the door switch, and the other missing components needed to do the install:

View attachment 16630

Weather and time permitting, I'll make the swap this weekend... :cool:

Finally!! Hooty Hoo....

Well... I got the mirrors installed this morning using the great tutorial/pics/help/etc from @gpasetta & @Old Ray. Thanks guys! Everything works EXCEPT the power folding function. I spent some time on the phone this afternoon with Seth from Infotainment trying to trouble shoot and reset the CAN-bus, but still no dice... Back to the drawing board on Monday. o_O

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Well... I got the mirrors installed this morning using the great tutorial/pics/help/etc from @gpasetta & @Old Ray. Thanks guys! Everything works EXCEPT the power folding function. I spent some time on the phone this afternoon with Seth from Infotainment trying to trouble shoot and reset the CAN-bus, but still no dice... Back to the drawing board on Monday. o_O
Did you get the Genie to install and turn green? Or is it held up by the Genie programming?

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Did you get the Genie to install and turn green? Or is it held up by the Genie programming?

I did receive the Genie, installed it (along with the bypass module as instructed) and the Genie turned green at the end of the cycle. Once everything was unbuttoned and put back to stock, that's when I discovered the mirrors didn't fold and made the call to Infotainment. Seth mentioned if the CAN-bus reboot didn't work, it may be the door modules, but they were closed for the day by the time I tried the reboot to no avail.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
I did receive the Genie, installed it (along with the bypass module as instructed) and the Genie turned green at the end of the cycle. Once everything was unbuttoned and put back to stock, that's when I discovered the mirrors didn't fold and made the call to Infotainment. Seth mentioned if the CAN-bus reboot didn't work, it may be the door modules, but they were closed for the day by the time I tried the reboot to no avail.
Sorry such a hassle. Good luck..hang in there...it is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread