5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing my TOW mirrors with Power Folding - 10% Cyber Monday

lasstss

Reaction score
Good lord! That is crazy. I had to return my mirrors also due to no blind spot. I ended up calling (talked to Simone) multiple times and had to continually be on top of them to get it done. I also had to tell them when parts are in, etc. I called another dealer to check if the parts were in the national warehouse and then tell Info that it was in stock. Not the way it should be. You could probably just order all the parts and get it done. Basically Info just purchased the parts. This is nothing that they do unique. Buy mirrors, controllers, door switch, Genie & bypass. Now that I have done it, that is all it is. Since all they are doing is ordering items, you would think they would focus and get that right. Seriously...there is nothing unique to what they do. I got prices from my Mopar dealer and he would ship right away. There was a delay for a bit for one of the door controllers but think that might be over. Sorry to hear...good luck. I can send you my part numbers if you like.

I hope I get the correct right mirror, the left has the blind spot. Will know tomorrow . It was supposed to ship overnight.

blownout1500

Reaction score
yes they are large..I put a 9' wide door on my garage/shop when I built it and I'm glad I did because I only have less than 2" of clearance on each side when I pull in. the first cpl. times I hand folded the driver one back but I decided that continuous folding might wear out the stops so just decided to take it carefully.

Got sick of walking around the truck to fold mine up so now I literally just let the passenger side mirror hit the garage door jamb on my way in lol.

Bellpa

Reaction score
For this price, would it be less expensive to pay a dealer to make the change with their computer than to buy this obdgenie?
My thoughts exactly. Another member posted all of the part numbers in this thread as well, which come to be cheaper than Infotainment.

kjn86

Reaction score
For this price, would it be less expensive to pay a dealer to make the change with their computer than to buy this obdgenie?
Or somehow get the dealer to do it for free - maybe some customer service satisfaction thing. It isn't like they have to do anything except hook up a device and pay someone's hourly to push the buttons. Let's be honest here. $370 for the ODB Genie + bypass is a great example of monopolistic pricing. It's also a non-rival asset which means many people can use it without taking anything away from someone else. Maybe we could organize a one ODB Genie rental system (like AirBnB) where you rent out your ODB Genie, which you are clearly not using on a daily basis to someone to borrow and return.

Counter-argument is you may need it again after a flash update to the system or a trip to the dealer that resets it, but you could mitigate by renting again (as long as this doesn't happen too frequently). Few people already have them here. I am sure they'd take $50 + Shipping to borrow it for one day which will drive down the cost of their initial investment and then potentially drive a profit! Understanding would be if it is not functional, you are repaid something to the effect of the replacement price. This would all have to be handled with a gentlemen's/ladies' agreement of course. Something to consider. I personally am not that against the prices for the parts. The $300 for the reprogramming is just wasteful to me somehow and puts the idea of doing this myself over the edge.

Old Ray

Reaction score
My sympathy for those having troubles with Infotainment. When these first became available I felt that this would be the answer, but with some afterthought I realised
that I did not spend a lot of money on a new truck just to be working on it (even if it was my fault). So I researched replacing the truck I have with one that had non-tow mirrors, and much to my surprise it turned out that dealers were not that excited about it. So a rock and a hard place, but I'm glad I didn't do the Infotainment thing, just more stress, for a first world liveable problem.

The best solution would be for FCA to offer a kit that we could BUY and install, or have installed.

Anyone can sell something, the definition of a great business, is how they solve a problem. (or in this case see that they have one)
My money will eventually go somewhere, .......... and it could be somewhere else.

lasstss

Reaction score
My sympathy for those having troubles with Infotainment. When these first became available I felt that this would be the answer, but with some afterthought I realised
that I did not spend a lot of money on a new truck just to be working on it (even if it was my fault). So I researched replacing the truck I have with one that had non-tow mirrors, and much to my surprise it turned out that dealers were not that excited about it. So a rock and a hard place, but I'm glad I didn't do the Infotainment thing, just more stress, for a first world liveable problem.

The best solution would be for FCA to offer a kit that we could BUY and install, or have installed.

Anyone can sell something, the definition of a great business, is how they solve a problem. (or in this case see that they have one)
My money will eventually go somewhere, .......... and it could be somewhere else.

Guess what! to add insult to injury, infotainment sent me a 2018 right side mirror to replace one of the 2 lefts that they sent me. Back to square one. What a PIA. If I could do it over, I wouldnt.

lasstss

Reaction score
Can someone repost the part numbers for everything?
I closed up the left door but the right lock module has 68424178AA not 9AA

Rich

Reaction score
.... Maybe we could organize a one ODB Genie rental system (like AirBnB) where you rent out your ODB Genie, which you are clearly not using on a daily basis to someone to borrow and return.

OBDGenie has their unit setup to key itself to your VIN, so once you use it, it can't be used on another truck.

They are not doing magic here, they are programming the car via the OBD connector, same as the dealer would do to key what options your truck has. But they did come up with a clever way to make it easy for a dummy to do it. And they are making a lot of money on the OBDGenie, and less money on the parts themselves. Together they have a good business model going.

Bellpa

Reaction score
OBDGenie has their unit setup to key itself to your VIN, so once you use it, it can't be used on another truck.

They are not doing magic here, they are programming the car via the OBD connector, same as the dealer would do to key what options your truck has. But they did come up with a clever way to make it easy for a dummy to do it. And they are making a lot of money on the OBDGenie, and less money on the parts themselves. Together they have a good business model going.
Minus the shipping time/issues.

kjn86

Reaction score

Didn't realize it was specific to the VIN once used. Scrap my whole plan then!

lasstss

Reaction score
Did anyone here get their mirror kit from infotainment? Do you have the actual part numbers?
What they are telling me is incorrect. Their numbers show a $175 mirror. Cant be.

HockeyCowboy

Reaction score
Did anyone here get their mirror kit from infotainment? Do you have the actual part numbers?
What they are telling me is incorrect. Their numbers show a $175 mirror. Cant be.
I have received and installed mine. Here is the sticker on it...not sure if this helps. I got a quote for the mirrors and think they are around $350-390/ea...but don't still have my notes. Think it is around $1100 for the parts, but don't have exact price. Are you looking for all the part numbers or just mirrors? Attached is the mirror. If you want all...I'm sure I can get them...hopefully w/o taking door panel off..haha

Attachments

• Ram Mirror - 1.jpg
    Ram Mirror - 1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50

Sputs10

Reaction score
Has anybody had any luck converting a truck without heated mirrors to a truck with heated mirrors? My truck has the rear window defrost so the button is on the dash, but I'd like to swap out the non-heated tow mirrors with the smaller heated tow mirrors. Does anybody know if that's even possible?

Rich

Reaction score
Has anybody had any luck converting a truck without heated mirrors to a truck with heated mirrors? My truck has the rear window defrost so the button is on the dash, but I'd like to swap out the non-heated tow mirrors with the smaller heated tow mirrors. Does anybody know if that's even possible?

I am interested in this also. I think the heated mirror feature is more important than the folding option, but then again, it is winter now (in the summer I may change my mind LOL ).

lasstss

Reaction score
I have received and installed mine. Here is the sticker on it...not sure if this helps. I got a quote for the mirrors and think they are around $350-390/ea...but don't still have my notes. Think it is around $1100 for the parts, but don't have exact price. Are you looking for all the part numbers or just mirrors? Attached is the mirror. If you want all...I'm sure I can get them...hopefully w/o taking door panel off..haha

It seems the numbers are all over the place.
They gave me
68276501AE
68276500AE

others have
68276506AE
68276507AE

e bay
68276505AC left
68266504AC Right
have chrome tops.

I hooked up the drivers and did the genie thing. It works, also hits the window. Not sure what to do about that. Loading the gears is not a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread